Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I'm guessing that there will be at least one variant of the VF-4 released maybe as a TWE before another type of release.  Between the Tomahawk, Phalanx, and Nousjadeul-Ger, I'd want the Tomahawk to come out first just because it had more exposure.

2 minutes ago, TheLoneWolf said:

More VF-1 and VF-4 repaints. With the VF-4 just being released, I wouldn't expect any new sculpts for another year or so.

Beyond that, I'm thinking the Q-rau.

I wouldn't mind a TV version VF-1S with super parts actually.

And a Q-rau with a Max 1A to replicate the fight within Macross would be nice too...

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yeah. The cockpit on the Nu's hand seems the right size for it, that is if you'e going to compare it to Nu's stomach where the cockpit goes. So knowing that Char's sits comfortably in there, then it's not hard to imagine that Sazabi should be atleat 1 3/4 or twice the size of Nu-Gundam. Now, I need to find a pic of an HCM-Pro Nu-Gundam besides a 1/144 HG Sazabi or MG Sazabi just to confirm it. ;) 

I have to agree. This is the 'right' size for it. Giant people needs giant mechs. Period. ^_^

Macross gurus, wasn't the VF-1 designed to walk the giant sized halls of the SDF1, and the alien ship had giant sized controls, and be sized like the aliens (zentran)? and they should fit inside a pod like the zentran soldiers?  Max's valk fit the uniform of a zentran soldier so the valk should be the same size as a standard soldier, so those scale charts are VERY off.  In both charts, those zentran soldiers couldn't fit into the pods.  

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I'm guessing that there will be at least one variant of the VF-4 released maybe as a TWE before another type of release.  Between the Tomahawk, Phalanx, and Nousjadeul-Ger, I'd want the Tomahawk to come out first just because it had more exposure.

Me too.  The Tomahawk is probably my favorite of the destroid designs.  It's like an amalgam of the spartan's chest missiles and lasers, the defender's legs and waist, and large cannons like the monster, and longer range missiles on the shoulder like the phalanx, and a head with machine guns similar to the vf-1j head.  Parking it next to the monster is gonna be the bomb!

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, Banda's already teasted 3 more paint-schemes for the VF-4, so we're definitely getting at least one of those.

Especially with how well it apparently sold (better than the VF-2SS or the recent VF-1 figures).

because of consecutive vf-1 release fatigue, or the latest vf-1 figures aren't the main rides for the hero characters?  The VF-4 is different mold I guess and is part of the original Macross, but I didn't even watch the VF-2SS so not excited about it

The latest HI-METAL R announcement was the " HI-METAL R - Soltic H8RF Roundfacer Korchima Special - Limited Edition." It was a TWE that went on pre-order on April 1st and has a release date of July 2019.

https://tamashii.jp/item/12853/?wovn=en

It could be May or June before they announce the next HI-METAL R release.

Edited by DewPoint
Typos!

Honestly, as someone who constantly obsesses about scale, I insist on getting figures and vehicles that match their onscreen depictions in media.  Hi-Metal R does exactly that, as reliably and consistently as any toyline ever has; even more consistently than the animation itself, I would add.

Those of you who argue about the relative scale of Zentradi mecha based on cockpit sizes and pilot height seem to be forgetting a key aspect of Zentradi physiology: they can alter their physical size at will.  They have the technology.  

Trying to estimate the average height for a Zentradi pilot is not only impossible, it's irrelevant.  :p

8 hours ago, beatsing said:

Me too.  The Tomahawk is probably my favorite of the destroid designs.  It's like an amalgam of the spartan's chest missiles and lasers, the defender's legs and waist, and large cannons like the monster, and longer range missiles on the shoulder like the phalanx, and a head with machine guns similar to the vf-1j head.  Parking it next to the monster is gonna be the bomb!

That said, it will also attract the mechwarrior fans, I too waiting for it to release to get that one piece to display next to the mac monster 2 I have (don’t have a monster)

21 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

That said, it will also attract the mechwarrior fans, I too waiting for it to release to get that one piece to display next to the mac monster 2 I have (don’t have a monster)

I've got 2 friends who are mechwarrior fans. They both have HMR Glaugs, and have a standing order for me to grab them Tomahawks if/when they release.

The VF-1D comes with a Minmay to go in its hand.  Does it also come with a sitting Minmay to go in the cockpit?  I haven’t seen a pic of that yet.

Edited by sh9000

6 hours ago, jenius said:

Maybe not the "standard" Zentran soldier since, like humans, they vary in size and that variance gets pretty extreme at Zentran sizes. Max might have bashed the tallest soldier on the ship.

Must've been Britai's bro.  Explains why he bashed the heck out of them when he saw that large uniform walking around with no head ;)

Exciting to see the VF-1D box art. That always makes the arrival of a new release seen real. 

14 hours ago, rdrunner said:

I wouldn't mind a TV version VF-1S with super parts actually.

Same here. I’ve already built one from Hi-Metal components, but an official release would be cool. It’s also my favorite valkyrie.

3 hours ago, Guyffon said:

That said, it will also attract the mechwarrior fans, 

I admit this is part of the appeal of the Tomahawk for me, since I was a Mechwarrior fan before I knew anything about Macross. I thought about getting the HMR Dougram for the same reason.

Last time I was at my parents' house I found a box of toys I thought I'd lost.  Hadn't seen them in years.   In the box was a Playmates reissue of the old Robotech Tomahawk.

Is that too big to display with HM-Rs?  Obviously it's not very articulated, but I always thought it was a really cool toy.

45 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

@seti88 At first I thought those were new pics.  The first one looked familiar.  I think it’s just the strong spotlight on the orange.

Opps..might have missed that fact if it was shown before...I just really want to see the color scheme on the actual toy...

28 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

The VF-1D comes with a Minmay to go in its hand.  Does it also come with a sitting Minmay to go in the cockpit?  I haven’t seen a pic of that yet.

From tamashii's site, it only lists 2 figures included in the HMR, so likely there wont be a sitting minmay...

Perhaps take the sitting minmay in space suit from the super O release...:lol:

Edited by seti88

3 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

For those interested, an HMR VF-1A cannon fodder valkyrie has just shown up on Mandarake for 6000 yen.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1109819814&ref=list&keyword=macross&lang=en

NOT AGAIN! missed it :(

Thanks again Shizuka...

Oh, and like SH9000 mentioned, i was wondering if they'd give us a sitting Minmei... i guess we are not getting her. That's a complete bummer for a very complete toy. i wonder if Shapeways will print some H-MR seats for the rest of the line, or if H-MR line will include seats from now on. All valkyries should come with on scale standing figures, like those Robotech 1/100 things they sell.

Mandrake has another Monster

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1049749544&ref=flist&keyword=macross&lang=en

I got mine from them and it is peerrrrrfec! [thanks to sh9000]

Ha, who am i fooling, paying upfront for that Dx Max, broke my bank temporarily xD

Edited by vlenhoff
Monster link

14 hours ago, seti88 said:

Opps..might have missed that fact if it was shown before...I just really want to see the color scheme on the actual toy...

From tamashii's site, it only lists 2 figures included in the HMR, so likely there wont be a sitting minmay...

Perhaps take the sitting minmay in space suit from the super O release...:lol:

12 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

NOT AGAIN! missed it :(

Thanks again Shizuka...

Oh, and like SH9000 mentioned, i was wondering if they'd give us a sitting Minmei... i guess we are not getting her. That's a complete bummer for a very complete toy. i wonder if Shapeways will print some H-MR seats for the rest of the line, or if H-MR line will include seats from now on. All valkyries should come with on scale standing figures, like those Robotech 1/100 things they sell.

Mandrake has another Monster

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1049749544&ref=flist&keyword=macross&lang=en

I got mine from them and it is peerrrrrfec! [thanks to sh9000]

Ha, who am i fooling, paying upfront for that Dx Max, broke my bank temporarily xD

I might modify one of my spare Minmays from the VF-1D to have her be able to sit or just see if the one that came with the 1/100 Fanliner can fit inside.

5CC05855-0634-4476-9A4E-609C46B414B9.thumb.jpeg.defedf11d5a54b684e9b540ce65ff438.jpeg

On 4/10/2019 at 1:54 PM, DewPoint said:

With my limited understanding of photography: understanding lighting and composition gets you further than good equipment.

This premise has always intrigued me, especially since my crappy digital camera died and I've been stuck with my cell phone...

760740471_newlighting.thumb.jpg.38a60f2a6ee5feaea83a957f29e97fd5.jpg

How much better would this look if I had photographed it with a decent DSLR?