Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I hope after some time passes that Bandai releases a HMR VF-1A TV Max.  Then I can convert my custom into something else.  Not to take away from a Tomahawk, Phalanx, or Nousjadeul-Ger release of course.

9 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

What is the best gift a student can give her research adviser after getting promoted from PhD student to PhD candidate?

One HMR VF-4 Lightning III

Valkyries make the best gift!

Do you get to be called Dr. Shizuka the Cat? Or Shizuka the Cat Dr. of Something2x when you graduate? I don't have a PhD so I don't know how the naming stuff works :lol:

6 minutes ago, hachi said:

Do you get to be called Dr. Shizuka the Cat? Or Shizuka the Cat Dr. of Something2x when you graduate? I don't have a PhD so I don't know how the naming stuff works :lol:

When I graduate, I can be called...

Dr. Shizuka the Cat

Shizuka the Cat, Ph.D.

Dr. Shizuka the Cat, Ph.D.

1 minute ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Dr. Shizuka the Cat

Shizuka the Cat, Ph.D.

I would say a real gift that shows true appreciation would be the VF-1A DX that went up last night...for those who managed. Not that HMRs aren't nice but, maybe you will turn another into a rabid collector?

First of my two VF-4’s finally showed up today. SAL aka snail mail finally came through. The box is in perfect condition, and I would SOOO love to open this baby right now, but am worried that the second one that’s still on the way (SAL) from nin-nin game may arrive with dented corners and box damage etc. 

Folks who ordered theirs from NNG, how was your experience with their packaging for the HMR VF-4?  Many thanks. 

Just got my HMR VF-4.

Is it just mine, or is it really tilt-happy when in fighter-mode with the gears?

Seems to be a bit rear-heavy to be tilting up easily and often when just on table-top display and accidentally touched or poked at the slightest.

The right-side engine/leg also is a bit gappy and won't close flushly unlike the left-side.

Edited by treatment

29 minutes ago, treatment said:

Just got my HMR VF-4.

Is it just mine, or is it really tilt-happy when in fighter-mode with the gears?

Seems to be a bit rear-heavy to be tilting up easily and often when just on table-top display and accidentally touched or poked at the slightest.

The right-side engine/leg also is a bit gappy and won't close flushly unlike the left-side.

The review on anymoon.com mentions the  wheelee tilt. 

28 minutes ago, treatment said:

Just got my HMR VF-4.

I had to transform both of my VF-4's, through gerwalk... that helped close-up the gaps in the engine-pods.

2 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Folks who ordered theirs from NNG, how was your experience with their packaging for the HMR VF-4?  Many thanks. 

It was great. All 3 are secured and wrapped with bubble wrap. :good:

I'm happy. ^_^

71 bucks including shipping, on Ebay from mykombini. I used an Ebay coupon, and i think it is a good price for it. What sold me out is the "1D" similar color scheme, and the Misa and Minmei figures. Also, the iconic moment when MIsa and Hikaru made it to earth in this horse. I bought it back in Mar 21st, and today it made it here.

Edited by vlenhoff

Soo...

I've managed to lose one of Max's head lasers. Anyone have suggestions on how I might replace this? Beyond just buying another Max, of course.

@sh9000: May I ask for a reminder of what you were using for heads for custom VF-1Js, in case that turns out to be a practical solution? I've tried searching but I'm on a tablet and the interface is just too awkward.

21 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Dr. Shizuka the Cat

Shizuka the Cat, Ph.D.

so: 'Doc'... got it! :good::D

1 hour ago, vlenhoff said:

71 bucks including shipping, on Ebay from mykombini. I used an Ebay coupon, and i think it is a good price for it. What sold me out is the "1D" similar color scheme, and the Misa and Minmei figures. Also, the iconic moment when MIsa and Hikaru made it to earth in this horse. I bought it back in Mar 21st, and today it made it here.

Nice snag. 

Edited by slide

On 4/8/2019 at 12:35 PM, sh9000 said:

I hope after some time passes that Bandai releases a HMR VF-1A TV Max.  Then I can convert my custom into something else.  Not to take away from a Tomahawk, Phalanx, or Nousjadeul-Ger release of course.

Ditto.

[Except for the custom part. I got no customs yet.]

I really had a fun time playing with the Vt-1 today. I tried to fit the other HIkaru figure in my H-MR Defender, but the latch wont shut close. Maybe they never intended to have a figure in there in the first place. 

Edited by vlenhoff
Except for the custom part. I got no customs yet.

8 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

I got this VT-1 for cheap, and my display in nearly complete.

You were right SH9000

20190409_134946.jpg

20190409_135100.jpg

Congrats!  Looks good.

4 hours ago, Vagabond Elf said:

Soo...

I've managed to lose one of Max's head lasers. Anyone have suggestions on how I might replace this? Beyond just buying another Max, of course.

@sh9000: May I ask for a reminder of what you were using for heads for custom VF-1Js, in case that turns out to be a practical solution? I've tried searching but I'm on a tablet and the interface is just too awkward.

I was using the 1/100 VF-1D Battroid kit head for the CF VF-1D.  I have spare head lasers from the HMR Armored VF-1J but if you want them you’ll have to paint them.

2 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Ditto.

[Except for the custom part. I got no customs yet.]

I really had a fun time playing with the Vt-1 today. I tried to fit the other HIkaru figure in my H-MR Defender, but the latch wont shut close. Maybe they never intended to have a figure in there in the first place. 

9989DDCC-F19A-407E-B7CA-DEF2193DC709.thumb.jpeg.0cfec7c654394a3996bf8f96c773aedc.jpeg

A TV pilot will fit inside with the latch closed so the TV Hikaru should work.

Thanks for the info SH9000. So my VT-1 DYRL Hikaru is too chunky for it. I guess those Big Macross burgers made him a bit chunky. 

The only problem is my TV Hikaru is a HM and not a HMR, so i think Hikaru, IRRC, is glued to the seat. I got him stored away, but i am pretty sure, the original HM line did not have actual removable pilot figures.

I may use a pilot from my VE-1 for a few pics in the HMR Defender.

It blows my mind how detailed the HMR line is, and yet so tiny. As @ArchieNov said, Saburo's pic are exceptionally well lit, and crsip. It really makes this line look bigger than it really is.

Again, thanks SH9000, I would have never got into this line, if it wasn't for you. Granted, i may not get a Roy, or the rest of the line, but at least i have a good "scale" reference among different mechas in the series. Just to see a Valkyrie next to a Monster is rewarding enough. It really gives you a sense of scale, i Love it.

With my limited understanding of photography: understanding lighting and composition gets you further than good equipment.  Saburo is " Super Dimensional Enabler" for a reason.  He make everything look good to the detriment of out wallets.

5 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Thanks for the info SH9000. So my VT-1 DYRL Hikaru is too chunky for it. I guess those Big Macross burgers made him a bit chunky. 

The only problem is my TV Hikaru is a HM and not a HMR, so i think Hikaru, IRRC, is glued to the seat. I got him stored away, but i am pretty sure, the original HM line did not have actual removable pilot figures.

I think the problem you’re running into is the fact that the DYRL pilots are larger than the TV ones, so the VE-1 pilots may not work either. You are correct that the HM pilots are glued to the seat, but they can be removed if you carefully pry them to pop the glue loose.

5 hours ago, DewPoint said:

With my limited understanding of photography: understanding lighting and composition gets you further than good equipment.

This is generally true. The lens also makes a much bigger difference than the latest and greatest camera. Agreed that @Saburo clearly knows what he’s doing, at least in photos; not sure if he knows the full extent of what he’s doing to our wallets!

Just out of curiosity, I don't think it is necessary to get an HMR TV Hikkie if you already own an HM TV Hikkie, right? Might as well get a HMR Sapartan, and move on. I almost got a HMR CF, but it was double the money i paid for the VT-1. I do have plenty of 1/48 CF, so i guess i can put them far far far away in the background, lol. [when taking pictures]

9 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

It blows my mind how detailed the HMR line is, and yet so tiny. As @ArchieNov said, Saburo's pic are exceptionally well lit, and crsip. It really makes this line look bigger than it really is.

Again, thanks SH9000, I would have never got into this line, if it wasn't for you. Granted, i may not get a Roy, or the rest of the line, but at least i have a good "scale" reference among different mechas in the series. Just to see a Valkyrie next to a Monster is rewarding enough. It really gives you a sense of scale, i Love it.

No problem.  They all look good together.

3 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I think the problem you’re running into is the fact that the DYRL pilots are larger than the TV ones, so the VE-1 pilots may not work either. You are correct that the HM pilots are glued to the seat, but they can be removed if you carefully pry them to pop the glue loose.

That’s correct and how I put a custom TV Roy pilot into the HM VF-1S.

1 hour ago, vlenhoff said:

Just out of curiosity, I don't think it is necessary to get an HMR TV Hikkie if you already own an HM TV Hikkie, right? Might as well get a HMR Sapartan, and move on. I almost got a HMR CF, but it was double the money i paid for the VT-1. I do have plenty of 1/48 CF, so i guess i can put them far far far away in the background, lol. [when taking pictures]

The two have some differences but either one still works.  Just be careful for loose joints and yellowing over time with the HM VF-1J.  The Spartan is cool.

Finally got my VF-4.

Easier to transform than I thought it would be.  This is an odd looking battroid.  Not much range with the shoulders.  It would outclassed in hand to hand combat.  The toy's color doesn't match the pictures on it's own box.  Fighter mode look gorgeous.

20190410_140553.jpg

37 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

Finally got my VF-4.

Easier to transform than I thought it would be.  This is an odd looking battroid.  Not much range with the shoulders.  It would outclassed in hand to hand combat.  The toy's color doesn't match the pictures on it's own box.  Fighter mode look gorgeous.

That's why both arms have large beam cannons. ^_^

Thanks for the comments guys! If mine yellows, I guess i'll make it into a vf-1J CF custom. When life gives you lemons, you make CF customs :D

Congrats everyone on your VF-4! What a sexy fighter mode. i wish i could have one, but yesterday I told NY to shup up and take my money! :vava:

Hmm, I may load Minmei in the Defender and pretend it is Miria... kicking butt in whatever it is she pilots.

Edited by vlenhoff

43 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

If I ever get rid of one of my VF-4’s, I’ll sell it to you for the discounted NY price plus shipping to you.

I have no words.... You are really cool, thanks! I really hope i am not influencing that decision, IF you ever make it :(

I know you love this line, and i feel guilty taking anything away from it. In any case, thanks for always being thoughtful and kind. you rock!

With that said, if you ever do, I'll definitely get it from you. :good:

Edited by vlenhoff
content