Hi-Metal R

joppewo

2 hours ago, mapendieck said:

Hi all, I just bought the VF-4 from AmiAmi for 12960 yen ($116). just thought i'd send that info out in case anyone still needs one. 

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?scode=FIGURE-043796

my wife made me "Kondo" my toy closet and i ended up selling off a ton of old transformers. enough to get this beaut. so...thanks Marie Kondo.

Thanks!

Really tried to skip this release, but I figured I may as well take the leap. Especially since aftermarket prices are likely to spike at some point.

-b.

HMR question. i got the original release of the hi metal VF-1J Hikaru and it is starting to yellow. is the new HMR Hikaru 1J that much better/different than the original? thinking about picking one up but on the fence.

40 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

How do you find these deals?

Well, NY has decently low prices to begin with, and IIRC he has his bulk orders shipped via ferry, which is incredibly cheap and takes 3 months.

My 2 via Amazon Japan are ¥13,212 shipped, or about $119.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

44 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

How do you find these deals?

30 minutes ago, mapendieck said:

yes...do tell.

Low price for each VF-1D plus cheapest combined shipping with the discount coupon applied.  They’ll arrive in 2 months but I’ve got the VF-1D from Amazon JP that will arrive earlier.

Edited by sh9000

5 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Early Sunday morning panel line session done. A mix of Florys Light and Dark Dirt wash. 

20190331_093126.jpg

1 hour ago, sumyumgoy said:

Looks great @derex3592!

One of mine came with bad paint applications and blemishes so I decided to panel line it too.  Also wanted to test out a photo booth....

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190331124501320_COVER-01-01-02.thumb.jpeg.87d639838b3e48861ec9a7728518d955.jpeg

Looks fantastic guys!

Yeah, 3 out of the 4 units I got had paint blemishes on the nose. They're real eye sores. Shoddy paint and tampo is a hallmark of Bandai, it seems.

The one good unit is currently sitting in a pile of parts. :blink:

Just now, sh9000 said:

Nice paint scheme.  Impressive getting a 1/60 VF-4 to balance on that stand.

I think that's a 1/72 model

...either way I want one!!

Just now, sh9000 said:

Yep.  Edited before the response.

:drinks:

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

I have to process the shots from the photoshoot, here a preview. :)

47515543071_c18c23de08_h.jpg

Love it as always, @Saburo. :wub: :good: 

Though I can't help but notice if the neck joint should be high like that? I don't have mine yet so I haven't seen the instructions on the transformations.

Also a quick question for most of the guys who already have this. I've seen members here posting photos of the battroid where the vertical stabilizer is not folded down. Does it have the option to pull it up so it can bend more like the YamArcadia's?

Another thing to notice on Saburo's pic is the pelvic section. I noticed there's a locking mechanism under the nosecone like the YamArcadia. Does the top portion lock still even if we didn't use that? 

Thanks!

Edited by no3Ljm

So I went super low-tech/low-effort on a fix for the wing angle in fighter mode, and realized that there's enough play in the wing hinges to kind of just force them downward.  So, I just folded up a sliver of printer paper a couple times, jammed it in to the joint, and now the outer wings are even with the canards. ^_^ 

I did originally make a small modification to the leg by shaving down the upper lip of the slot that the wing tabs into, but I'm not even sure that was necessary.  It did let the wings drop easier, and not snap in level so solidly, but they're not rock-solid to begin with, and there's enough slippage in the joint to push the wings downward without any changes.  I'm going to see if the paper is enough to push the wings down on my stock copy later today.

As a side note, the wing hinges aren't pinned, and just pop in and out easily if you want to do more extensive modifications.  Just doing something to beef up either the outboard side of those hinge blocks, or inboard surface of the wing root would push the wing downward.  You'd need the equivalent thickness of about three layers of printer paper* to angle the wings down the same amount as the Yamato version.

* I'm not sure what thickness of paper, but I'll check that later.  It was whatever I had on hand at the time.

Edited by Chronocidal

8 hours ago, seti88 said:

cant wait! :wub:

I am working on processing them, I'll try to get them done as soon as I can. :good:

6 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Yes!  Been waiting for these :good:

Soon @sumyumgoy:D

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Love it as always, @Saburo. :wub: :good: 

Though I can't help but notice if the neck joint should be high like that? I don't have mine yet so I haven't seen the instructions on the transformations.

Also a quick question for most of the guys who already have this. I've seen members here posting photos of the battroid where the vertical stabilizer is not folded down. Does it have the option to pull it up so it can bend more like the YamArcadia's?

Another thing to notice on Saburo's pic is the pelvic section. I noticed there's a locking mechanism under the nosecone like the YamArcadia. Does the top portion lock still even if we didn't use that? 

Thanks!

@no3Ljm I did think the neck joint was a little high, when I transformed it I seemed like it that's where it was supposed to be. :huh:

The vertical stablizers can fold down, I angled them down slightly so the skull insignia was visible.  For locking mechanism for the nose cone the lower canard/fin rotates into the nose fits into a slot in the abdomen.  I don't remember it not sure if locks. :wacko:

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

All the VF-4 pics and customs looking great!

:good: