Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Just now, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, good thing I decided to transform my VF-4, turns out one of the legs was missing the sliding cover. I've contacted HLJ about it, hopefully I can get a replacement rather than a refund.

damn... :ph34r:

Picked my first one up from the post office a bit ago, and looks awesome!  Haven't examined it in great detail yet, but looks like no obvious flaws or missing parts.

If I were to make one nitpick, it's that after all of that old debate over wing angles with the Yamato release... Bandai managed to actually make the alignment worse. :rolleyes:  All of the fins more or less align, but the main wings lock in entirely level.  You can kind of fudge the angles by unlocking the wings, but they tend to snap between level, and about 30 degrees downward, which is way too much. 

Judging by the tabs holding them level in fighter mode though, I think it should be a pretty easy mod to let them rest naturally a few degrees down from where they are by default.

Line art accurate,  super poseable , nice tampo, good transformation,  very Collectable...Rare versions such as VF-2s, Regults, destroids, etc,etc.

Oh ya, and looks and handles better than anything close to that scale..

And Bandai wants your money!

Edited by Bolt

Well, heard back from HLJ. They can't get me a replacement, either send it back for a full refund, or they'll give me 10% of the price back as store credit.

A bit torn, since without the leg cover it's only good for fighter mode, but I do have a second one on the way from CDJ.

13 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Consider it a test of character.  Patience is a virtue... a laborious and excruciatingly boring and frustrating virtue.^_^

You don't know what patience is until nine months after your registered parcel has entered the country, and tracking shows no movement,  you are still wondering if it was once again stolen by postal workers or if is still on its way to  you at 1mm/weekend.

1 hour ago, Podtastic said:

You don't know what patience is until nine months after your registered parcel has entered the country, and tracking shows no movement,  you are still wondering if it was once again stolen by postal workers or if is still on its way to  you at 1mm/weekend.

For me, patience is like paying a cannon fodder preorder with a knowledge that you’re going to get it 4 months after but only to receive it blindly a year later. :rolleyes:

With all this VF-4 goodness let's not forgot about the upcoming VF-1D.

Just got an email from Amazon Japan with the following good news:

ご注文いただいた商品と新しいお届け予定日は以下のとおりです。
"HI-METAL R 超時空要塞マクロス VF-1D バルキリー 140mm ABS&PVC&ダイキャスト製 塗装済み可動フィギュア"
お届け予定日: 2019-04-23 - 2019-04-26

"Dear Customer: We are pleased to report that the item(s) in your order indicated above will be sent sooner than expected. When your order is shipped you will receive an e-mail message confirming the date, contents and method of shipment."

So it does appear to confirm everyone's suspicions that the VF-1D is coming out sooner than expected. :yahoo:

Edited by dafob

3 minutes ago, dafob said:

With all this VF-4 goodness let's not forgot about the upcoming VF-1D.

Just got an email from Amazon Japan with the following good news:

ご注文いただいた商品と新しいお届け予定日は以下のとおりです。
"HI-METAL R 超時空要塞マクロス VF-1D バルキリー 140mm ABS&PVC&ダイキャスト製 塗装済み可動フィギュア"
お届け予定日: 2019-04-23 - 2019-04-26

"Dear Customer: We are pleased to report that the item(s) in your order indicated above will be sent sooner than expected. When your order is shipped you will receive an e-mail message confirming the date, contents and method of shipment."

So it does appear to confirm everyone's suspicions that the VF-1D is coming out sooner than expected. :yahoo:

Just got that email as well.

3 hours ago, Alex GS said:

Thanks for the heads up Alex.

Ordered one there to replace the defective one from HLJ.

If anyone's interested in a VF-4 with missing right leg sliding cover, it's yours for $100+shipping (from California), otherwise I'll send it back to HLJ for the refund.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

23 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks Smacky. I will let you know. I did paid for my 3 orders during the first day of PO. I have a feeling that they probably shipped out those who have orders of one rather than multiples. Also, they finally replied to my inquiry and they told me that they're waiting for incoming stocks. And to be honest, I'm starting to get worried for my orders. :unsure:

I think you're right, looks like they have it in stock  for ¥14990.

Edited by Smacky