Hi-Metal R

joppewo

7 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Put in shipping request to HLJ, now for the waiting.

At least it's coming EMS, since I had some other stuff waiting.

No word on the second one I ordered from CDJapan.

Mine from CDJapan has "shipping in progress" but no email yet

I have a feeling that someone here will be taking comparison pics of the HMR VF-4 and the 1/60 Yamacadia VF-4.

Note: At least the HMR will not have parts falling off upon doing the transformation sequence. :lol:

Edited by borgified

11 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Thanks for the beautiful pics. Where in HK do you go to for shops that carry Macross figures?  I went to 信和 in my recent visit but was rather disappointed. 

BTW $103 US ($800 HKD?) seems like a fairly good price to me. 

Sino is good, but u should also go to CTMA n Ins point too, with in 500m

4 hours ago, borgified said:

I have a feeling that someone here will be taking comparison pics of the HMR VF-4 and the 1/60 Yamacadia VF-4.

Several will, I'm sure.  The only question is, who will be the first?

542536417_VF-4profile.thumb.jpg.387e6e721704ceb74f9b14b55e07dc9f.jpg

1443757258_VF-4behind.thumb.jpg.3088038adad8cd52d2d8b51877323193.jpg

1320347185_VF-4high.thumb.jpg.249c6bd0f7e6b419ed2404501da7f793.jpg

203257938_VF-4low.thumb.jpg.a0db210a43f9d32e7674bb55ff154a22.jpg

Well, whaddaya know...  I answered my own question.  :p

12 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

So who did it better? Yamarcadia or Bandai?

Tampographed arrows, numbers and triangles make all the difference to me.  The 1:60 VF-4 just looks too plain, especially the nosecone.

Time to break out the waterslide decals!  8)

Just watched the Chinese quick review in this thread again.

He left the landing gear cover on when he converted it to Battroid, so I thought "yeah it does seem odd that I'm the only one doing this."  So I put it back in place, reassembled Batttroid, and once again, everything snaps in nice and tight.  No loose floppiness.

Obviously, I was doing something wrong earlier, which seems to be my "thing" when it comes to these toys.

My only problem with this is how much I'm freaking enjoying it.  Suddenly......I want more in this scale.   More...more...

12 minutes ago, mickyg said:

Same here.  Looks like today's the day for CDJ.  Well, at least some...

how many did you order? 

i usually get one HMR but this one i got 2 since we waited so long for this  color scheme 

update: 

my amazon one just shipped too

Edited by davidwhangchoi

No notice from CDJ. I actually sent them an email 4 days ago asking to change the shipping method. They only just now replied saying it's in shipping progress now and can't be changed. 

Gotta love how ass backwards many Japanese companies still are. 

looking at the video review i like the yamato color better. 

the white looks cheap. the brown they messed up and made too light. looks like some human substance.  

the 1/60 mass 1a feet were a darker brown. i'd prob would've like it that dark to almost black.

i prob need it in hand to judge but that's just going off the pics and videos i've seen so far:unsure:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

19 minutes ago, Mommar said:

CDJ has had my three sitting in Shipping Processing for days.  No actual shipping info. for me yet.

They can be late a sending notices ,  the other way you can use to check is by looking at your cdjapan reward points , when they ship your order , you will see the purchase  reward points added to your account.  The issue date is suppose to be the same date they shipped out your package.

take a look at your reward points , mobile mode does not show issue date , only desktop mode .

2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

looking at the video review i like the yamato color better. 

the white looks cheap. the brown they messed up and made too light. looks like some human substance.  

the 1/60 mass 1a feet were a darker brown. i'd prob would've like it that dark to almost black.

i prob need it in hand to judge but that's just going off the pics and videos i've seen so far:unsure:

Too early to tell as monitors resolutions differ from the real thing.

So, taking inspiration from the HMR, I've started giving my 1:60 VF-4 the "Premium Finish" treatment...

413761948_PFVF-4.thumb.jpg.8c3d6543aab3d97c76a8c16384e93fc6.jpg

However, I have a question concerning the markings on the HMR.  What does the "SDF-018" on the vertical stabilizers refer to?

33 minutes ago, tekering said:

So, taking inspiration from the HMR, I've started giving my 1:60 VF-4 the "Premium Finish" treatment...

413761948_PFVF-4.thumb.jpg.8c3d6543aab3d97c76a8c16384e93fc6.jpg

However, I have a question concerning the markings on the HMR.  What does the "SDF-018" on the vertical stabilizers refer to?

That’s weird. On the cover of an issue of Macross Chronicle, it doesn’t have any markings. On the Master File book, it says Megaroad-01. I don’t think SDF-018 is the Megaroad’s call sign.

Bad, Bandai. :vava:

1 hour ago, F360 said:

hmm, the wave 1/72 vf-4 model kit seems to have the same "SDF-018" at the tail.

And "MEGA ROAD-01" on the ventral strake...!  :huh:

4943209190577-11__03726.1525246159.jpg?c

Can't one of you Macross gurus clue us in?  :unknw:

Mine shipped!  Ordered on Saturday and it will be here tomorrow according to DHL.  Which is weird since looking at email traffic over the weekend, Amazon couldnt authorize my card for payment at first but then could and i didnt call anybody.

Trying to decide if i need to 'work' from home tomorrow...