Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Cool toy, they forgot to slide the knee covers up though. 

Nicely spotted...

Cool!

Took out the F-14A.

EC927BE4-B91E-4C9F-92D8-4B18237F075E.thumb.jpeg.ba6ea454a5bf12d752eebef8c9b59c58.jpeg

the vf-4 should be as large as the f-14, no? A question waiting to be answered...

boy if there was a similar scaled sr-71 (cos they both have twin engine on the wings), that would provide a nice contrast to a white vf-4..

oh maaan...what did I make myself look for....

1/72 scale...https://www.amazon.com/Mastercraft-Collection-Blackbird-Reconnaissance-Supersonic/dp/B0006N1Q90

1/100 scale...https://www.amazon.ca/Motormax-Skywings-100-Scale-77017/dp/B005VCO8PA

Not sure on the quality tho...sorry for the diversion...

Edited by seti88

Nicely spotted...

the vf-4 should be as large as the f-14, no? A question waiting to be answered...

boy if there was a similar scaled sr-71 (cos they both have twin engine on the wings), that would provide a nice contrast to a white vf-4..

oh maaan...what did I make myself look for....

1/72 scale...https://www.amazon.com/Mastercraft-Collection-Blackbird-Reconnaissance-Supersonic/dp/B0006N1Q90

1/100 scale...https://www.amazon.ca/Motormax-Skywings-100-Scale-77017/dp/B005VCO8PA

Not sure on the quality tho...sorry for the diversion...

The VF-4 should be a little bit smaller in length than the F-14.

Yeah the SR-71 would contrast well with the VF-4.   I still need a good 1/100 scale SR-71, F-117, and B-2 Bomber.

Edited by sh9000

I'm really thinking of letting these ones go((HMR VF4 x 2) once I pay for them(don't want to get bad reputation from AmiAmi by cancelling), some surprise  expenses pop up for me so I will need to recover some of the cash from this purchase, if I decide to let them go(I hope not) I will sell them for much less of its original price, will let you know guys ;) .      

I gotta stay off of this site.  You guys are always making me want more!  I've never seen where this came from, and thus wasn't all that interested, but after seeing everyone get excited about it, I decided to look it up and watch it in action.  Awesome!  Now I want one! 

Wow, on a re-watch I never noticed the Digital Picture frame Minmay has...

Macross has a Star Trek "we have those now" moment!! neat!

Edited by slide

Wow, Detachable 

2E3FC1A5-548D-4A00-AF66-2AC9BE0BC59C.jpeg.2d309012c13c143757a380b5151d2c03.jpeg

I only have one request for these.. well, ok two.  Obviously, they need to stay on.

Second?  It doesn't look like it from the picture there, but I'm really wishing they had molded all of the missiles identically.  I know Yamato made the attachments different for the different locations, but they didn't even bother to try and give the missiles a standard shape. <_< 

My Lightning will be arriving Saturday or Sunday,

On the one hand, I want to avoid all pics and videos to be completely surprised by the brand new toy.

On the other hand, that ended in utter disaster for my YF-19.

Maybe I'll find a happy medium and go to videos when I;m really stuck on something.  Thankfully, between the 19 and my Sentinel Mospeada I have now learned to handle these toys as gently and delicately and possible and never ever use excessive force on anything.

This is my first Hi Metal R.....I am a bit surprised by how small it is,   It is NOT gonna scale well on a shelf with the YF 19.

My Lightning will be arriving Saturday or Sunday,

On the one hand, I want to avoid all pics and videos to be completely surprised by the brand new toy.

On the other hand, that ended in utter disaster for my YF-19.

Maybe I'll find a happy medium and go to videos when I;m really stuck on something.  Thankfully, between the 19 and my Sentinel Mospeada I have now learned to handle these toys as gently and delicately and possible and never ever use excessive force on anything.

This is my first Hi Metal R.....I am a bit surprised by how small it is,   It is NOT gonna scale well on a shelf with the YF 19.

Well, fwiw, the HMR is significantly cheaper than the DX YF-19.

So any breakage you may experience with the HMR will not be quite as traumatic as the ones that you experienced with your original DX YF-19.

I'm really thinking of letting these ones go((HMR VF4 x 2) once I pay for them(don't want to get bad reputation from AmiAmi by cancelling), some surprise  expenses pop up for me so I will need to recover some of the cash from this purchase, if I decide to let them go(I hope not) I will sell them for much less of its original price, will let you know guys ;) .      

Think of me!

Think of me!

This is the first thing that pops into my mind when you said this.. :lol:

I admit that some guys don't like musicals.. To each their own I say.

I'm actually staring to like the VF-4 after seeing pics of it more being posted and seeing the transformation done by Bandai before the actual release date.  

i'm perplexed, the white plastic looks kinda cheap in some pics. like some cheap marshmallow ghostbuster. hopeful it's just the lighting.

doesn't look as nice as the cover box pics.

could also be the panel lining not as sharp along with a not so colorful pilot. 

I ordered mine through CDJ... I suspect they're going to make me wait a bit... seems like they've been a little slower the last few months.

I think so, I also went with CDJ. Back during the VF-31A release I swear I waited an extra week compared to others (well... Except for the NY people of course). 

If anyone gets an extra vf-4  I wouldn't mind buying one. With practically all the places sold out.

I hate how tons of people only wanting to make a few dollars on top of what they paid got them to resell.

It has been this way a lot with items and it is getting tiring. Yhey really are not making that much money on what they spend