Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I will buy this non-Macross item. Its ridiculous that we've had to wait this long for it and it wasn't a legit Japanese company that made it for us. Instead we get all the Lolli figures. For the record the Kitz Concept Hikaru looks pretty sweet also. I hope both of these companies are successful and continue these lines. Kamjin, Milia, Exodol, etc...would be fantastic. 

52C3D21A-8D6F-4E17-AEA2-68C3BDA5A573.png.3bae9e74348f0975388a67210d1f8651.png

This will be cool to recreate.

The Britai figure should be able to hold the chest piece of the VF-1J.  It’s nice that the chest piece can be easily removed.  I’m not sure yet if I’ll battle damage a VF-1J head or use a piece of putty and put the antennae on it.

BD0A4B17-A3A6-4F3D-B3D0-80EF7E425316.png.3df959227e1351b614df51cf823e38c4.png

This will also be cool to recreate.

Hey just got back to collecting. I want to get the vf-4, but been wondering how do the hi metals stand up?

Are they made well? To they feel plasticky?

As of now, it's everyone's go-to figure for collectability and desktop playing. ;)

The best review site to go to regarding these Hi-Metal R releases is to head out to our own @jenius' website called Anymoon.com. :good: 

Welcome aboard to MACROSSWORLD!
Don't ever let members here encourage you to go bankrupt for buying endless toys.
 :drinks:

Hey just got back to collecting. I want to get the vf-4, but been wondering how do the hi metals stand up?

My Hikaru fell off of a shelf from 7ft high :shok: and handled it like a boss.  My 4yr old daughter is kinda rough on them (well supervised of course), and they certainly don't seem too delicate.  I'm a big fan of these, but then I haven't had them for very long.  I do play with them on the regular though, maybe once a week give or take.

...I thought that was our purpose?

Can I get a wallet destroyer gif in here?

Ofcourse it is. But we have to be subtle in the beginning. Don't want to scare new comers, right? ^_^

Anyways, here's the last one I did. ;)

QuGwGIo.gif 

My Hikaru fell off of a shelf from 7ft high :shok: and handled it like a boss.  My 4yr old daughter is kinda rough on them (well supervised of course), and they certainly don't seem too delicate.  I'm a big fan of these, but then I haven't had them for very long.  I do play with them on the regular though, maybe once a week give or take.

They aren't magical and now they don't fly... 2 things i have to scratch off of why to get.

I’ll put it this way. When I got into Macross a few years ago, I bought one HMR (thanks in part to @jenius) then quickly realized I needed 3 for the various modes. Now, including the original Hi Metals, I have over 20. Their price and size make them so easy to collect, in my opinion.

I started in mid 2015 with a used DX VF-25 renewal.

I now have over probably around 40 transforming valks in 1/60 scale. Plus HMR line. Plus Yamato Tomahawk and Queadluun. Plus Koenig Monster and Macross Quarter and TWO 1/3000 SFD-1s.

I calculated how much I've spent, and it's not a number I want to acknowledge.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

As you can see from @sh9000‘s pic, they stand up quite well. They are made very well and have a great, tactile feel to them. It’s the best overall Macross (and beyond) line ever made as far as displayablity and playability.

I will probably start collecting them though i miss the chunkies. 

There is one or two old ones i want but i was trying to see what was the best bang for what inpay.

The plastic ones are wayyyy to fragile. Guess the vf-4 will be my first and i will see how it goes.

I will probably start collecting them though i miss the chunkies. 

There is one or two old ones i want but i was trying to see what was the best bang for what inpay.

The plastic ones are wayyyy to fragile. Guess the vf-4 will be my first and i will see how it goes.

At least one (or two or three) chunky monkeys are a must for any collection but even I, as someone who thinks the chunky monkey is the best toy ever made, would not recommend trying to build an entire collection of them. A whole collection of HMR with some multiples mixed in on the other hand is something I highly recommend. 

Edited by Slave IV

I started in mid 2015 with a used DX VF-25 renewal.

I now have over probably around 40 transforming valks in 1/60 scale. Plus HMR line. Plus Yamato Tomahawk and Queadluun. Plus Koenig Monster and Macross Quarter and TWO 1/3000 SFD-1s.

I calculated how much I've spent, and it's not a number I want to acknowledge.

tumblr_mqg2l9MfFl1ry4q0lo1_500.gif.5f326c14b12e6bc6df6155f7fad3792d.gif

I get exactly what you said on not acknowledging the number! ;) 

The VF-4 will go well with the group of Fighters.

Thanks to all of the positive people who have been supporting this line and have been buying the VF-1 and other releases to help this line become successful.  I look forward to the day of HMR Macross Frontier, Macross Plus, and more.

The VF-4 will go well with the group of Fighters.

Thanks to all of the positive people who have been supporting this line and have been buying the VF-1 and other releases to help this line become successful.  I look forward to the day of HMR Macross Frontier, Macross Plus, and more.

Yeah. That's what we all wish for.