Hi-Metal R

joppewo

19 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Hey could anyone recommend a stand(s) for the HMR line?

Tamashii Stage Act 5 and Stage Act Trident are great for them.  I believe the Stage Act 5 is the same as the Special Edition stands that come with Max, Milia, and Roy.  The trident is nice for displaying a group of them together.  The Stage Act 5 usually comes in a 3 pack.

Spoiler

IMG_20190126_231246.thumb.jpg.3b2093f844d44c83b66f444bd0be8f43.jpg

Edited by sumyumgoy

16 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Hey could anyone recommend a stand(s) for the HMR line?

The Tamashi Stage Act stands seem to work great and are the same that are included with M&Ms.  I got the Stage Act 4 and Combination sets.

24 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It's always interesting to see what size the box will be. This looks a bit more standard sized than the loooooooooooong vf-2ss box.

VF-2SS has lots of parts and accessories including the SAP Pack. Whereas VF-4 only have few accessory. ;)

Such a beautiful box.

We need a new Tenjin art-book with all these HM-R paintings.

On a side note, i wonder why Bandai switched to a blue logo. Seeing the change on all my gundam stuff too.

Edited by Duymon

20 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Interesting.  Tenjin elected to depict it in Gerwalk.  Partial Gerwalk, even.

Me too. I was actually expecting something like a different angle shot of the VF-4 doing some fly-by beside the Megaroad's deck as being depicted in the Flashback OAV. :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Duymon said:

On a side note, i wonder why Bandai switched to a blue logo. Seeing the change on all my gundam stuff too.

True. Even on the Tamashii site, it has the light blue logo. I guess it's just that time where it demands to have a fresh look just by changing color on its company logo. You know, like Dunkin'. ;)

4 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Also, Discover Card is having a promotion until April 30 where you get 10% back on  up to $100 in PayPal purchases.

That’s great and will come in handy when I pay for my VF-4 x6 with my Discover Card.

3 hours ago, Rogueload said:

Thanks for the tips @tekering.  I don’t plan to transform it much sense it will be in my SDFM HMR diorama.  

Next up is hayao’s TV 1A!

I think it looks fine either way.  I also left the neck alone.

60839471-271C-4F2F-8A89-F662E63A1494.thumb.jpeg.5550b5fa276d45a7717b32d0fc000f60.jpeg

2 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

HMR VF-4

Looks great!

I'm kind of shocked that the Gerwalk mode is the prominent feature-art on the box...

I'm not complaining, just surprised they didn't go with fighter-mode...

Man those brownies cost a pretty penny now a days. i wish for a re-release later on.

That 1J in the middle looks the business! edit reason[i previously wrote 1S for some reason]

Again, thanks for the link for the Monster. Such a cool addition to my collection. So much so, I had to get a defender to complete the picture. I only have a 1J and 2 VE-1 and the baddies in the HM-R line.

Edited by vlenhoff

20 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

Thanks for the heads up @seti88

;) cheaper than my super O i got at CDJ by approx 400 yen! Not sure on the shipping tho...

15 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

HMR VF-4

Whoa i forgot that tenjin san would be doing a VF-4 boxart! Quite a lot of fumes the VF-4 is putting out through the leg nozzles....catalytic converter must be broke..:p

The VF-4 box art looks nice. Partial gerwalk doesn’t surprise me, since it seems HMR valks always appear as close to battroid as they can get, but designs like the VT-1 and VF-4 are so iconic in fighter that they leaned toward that mode for the art.

And isn't this the first HMR valk that doesn’t have a window in the box where you can see the actual toy inside? Maybe this one will be packed in fighter mode (makes sense to me) instead of battroid for a change.

I don’t mind if the VF-4 is packaged in Fighter mode.  Most of mine will stay in that mode.  Paid for my order of VF-4’s at NY.  Looking good.

85382B79-6C1C-4C1A-85C6-61F4AF20B8BB.jpeg.e7a6bc18a361dc59f319131d1fd3349b.jpeg

4C8289B4-5AFB-495A-942C-7745158A34D3.jpeg.6cede9d470387579acdc2867652afacf.jpeg

3B05930F-6717-4783-9F98-4BC19CF1D339.jpeg.d707217d1c9ab6c54102c85d03fa1d89.jpeg

Edited by sh9000

9 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

The VF-4 box art looks nice. Partial gerwalk doesn’t surprise me, since it seems HMR valks always appear as close to battroid as they can get, but designs like the VT-1 and VF-4 are so iconic in fighter that they leaned toward that mode for the art.

And isn't this the first HMR valk that doesn’t have a window in the box where you can see the actual toy inside? Maybe this one will be packed in fighter mode (makes sense to me) instead of battroid for a change.

I'm expecting fighter mode from a space-saving perspective.

Unlike the VF-1 or VF-2SS it's so deep front-to-back because of that wing-shoulder section. The box would probably have to be twice as large for battroid.

20 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I’ll let you know if I find a CF VF-1A or Spartan for a good price.  Oh and that’s a CF VF-1J in the middle.

Very cool Sh9000 thanks. Oh, and i know it is a 1J, but for some reason i wrote 1S, ha ha!... weird...

edit in: All these H-M R boxes are just simply gorgeous. 

Edited by vlenhoff

I initially thought that people were wrong about the fighter mode display adapter being only for super parts.  I have been using it quite well by finagling it past the front of the gun/arms and snapping it into the holes for the super parts.  But then I decided to take a closer look...  I noticed that the adapater tabs were prying apart the arms and causing the gun to come loose, even though the adapter holds it in firmly (which is why I hadn't noticed until now).  It also doesn't cup the arms like it does the super parts.  So I took my trusty exacto knife to slice a little off of the outside edges of the tabs.  It's much better now but still doesn't cup the arms like it should.  However, it is now QUITE strong and actually holds the arms together instead of prying them apart as the edges of the cup does go around them slightly.  As you can see, I can hold it sideways (and even shook it around) with no problem.

518533260_hmrfighterattachment.thumb.jpg.231ab46e82f0716c929b0062e185700d.jpg

541114503_fighteradapatermod1.thumb.jpg.26d6c08715fe714c1de8741f565cfa01.jpg1907346017_fighteradapatermod2.thumb.jpg.fb4fbbab8fe48a805510c9719ad0df5d.jpg345885927_fighteradapatermod3.thumb.jpg.41a28ffac93f71dc3d6044c94a364a9f.jpg505138755_fighteradapatermod4.thumb.jpg.07f7170b47e27e89fc6c96a8e3662397.jpg

Edited by Pontus

18 hours ago, Boobytrap said:

I received an email from MyKombini that the release date for the VF-4G has been updated to 3/17. I'm really excited for this release. It will be nice to get something new rather than another repaint. 

A Sunday?

Just received a VF1A super.

I almost break the hand cover on the arm when I was holding the arm firmly (on the wrong spot) when trying to remove and insert a new hand.

That cover has very limited support under it so any pressure from the top will break it on the hinge.

There is now a visible stress mark at the seams near the hinge and it has cracked from inside. The cover was only hanging on with only less than half of the original thickness of the plastic.

I was lucky that it didn't break right through.

Gingerly pry it open and applied some plastic weld at the cracked seams and sort of weld it back together. Will ignore the stress mark on the outside for now (not super visible is you are not looking for it).

For good measure, I added some extra support to the inside seams by welding a small "beam" to that corner with the hinge.