Hi-Metal R

joppewo

2 hours ago, Smacky said:

Very cool, mind if I ask who makes them and where you got them?

2 hours ago, Dobber said:

Very nice, what are those?

Chris

2 hours ago, Black Valkyrie said:

Pretty neat, nice. 

Thanks!  Air Fighters Collection 1/100 diecast aircraft.  They can be found at CDJapan and other online stores.

On 2/21/2019 at 11:25 PM, Shizuka the Cat said:

It won't let me pre-order, it's saying it will not ship to my address. I made sure I chose the one Sold by Amazon... Weird as I have both the Arcadia Elint and Hi-metal VF1D on pre-order from Amazon.

Cantship.PNG

3 hours ago, scand said:

It won't let me pre-order, it's saying it will not ship to my address. I made sure I chose the one Sold by Amazon... Weird as I have both the Arcadia Elint and Hi-metal VF1D on pre-order from Amazon.

Cantship.PNG

The offering from Yano Shop sold out, so AmazonJP directed you to a different 3rd party seller... which unfortunately, unlike Yano Shop, does not ship outside of Japan.

Haven't been watching thread much since VF-4 preorders.. any news on the official release date or is it still just sometime in March? Looking to get an idea of when CDJ is gonna bill me.

12 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, I would want an F-14 and A-10. My two favorites. 

The A-10 is on my list.  I also want the F-22 and F-35.

11 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

That is neat, sh9000. :good:

Also, any chance you have a F-16?

Thanks.  I don’t have a F-16 yet but that one is also on my list.  The next one coming in is the F/A-18.

3 hours ago, Master Dex said:

Haven't been watching thread much since VF-4 preorders.. any news on the official release date or is it still just sometime in March? Looking to get an idea of when CDJ is gonna bill me.

The estimated release date at NY says 3/31 and will probably be bumped up a little as the date gets closer.

17 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

Looks good! Did you brush paint it?

Yep brushed the color on and then brushed matte finish to avoid chipping.

16 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Excellent work @Rogueload!  Glad to help. If you have a Max pilot figure from the HM or HMR VF-1J, you can just put him in the seat.

Yep he’s currently in the 1J right now.

12 hours ago, Rogueload said:

Just finished up my custom HMR max TV 1A.

Congratulations on your first custom, Rogueload.  The neck should be blue as well, though...

mcr113l.jpg

12 hours ago, Rogueload said:

Yep brushed the color on and then brushed matte finish to avoid chipping.

A matte finish won't avoid chipping, especially when applied over a smooth plastic surface.  You should hit every raised edge with sandpaper to roughen it up, especially where it's likely to contact another painted surface:

680826325_surfacereadyforpaint.thumb.jpg.076b28bb5dbd5152bb3897e8393c13be.jpg

Repainting a transformable toy can be a daunting task!  :unsure:

3 hours ago, tekering said:

Congratulations on your first custom, Rogueload.  The neck should be blue as well, though...

mcr113l.jpg

A matte finish won't avoid chipping, especially when applied over a smooth plastic surface.  You should hit every raised edge with sandpaper to roughen it up, especially where it's likely to contact another painted surface:

680826325_surfacereadyforpaint.thumb.jpg.076b28bb5dbd5152bb3897e8393c13be.jpg

Repainting a transformable toy can be a daunting task!  :unsure:

Thanks for the tips @tekering.  I don’t plan to transform it much sense it will be in my SDFM HMR diorama.  

Next up is hayao’s TV 1A!