Hi-Metal R

joppewo

3 hours ago, hachi said:

Is it yellow orange or is it just the lighting?

Definitely the lighting. 

Beware SH-9000, soon I'll be getting my first Destroid Monster, and my collection WILL rival yours!!! (In the Monarch's voice)(dramatic music plays in background)

MUAHA HA HA HA HAAAA!

Edited by vlenhoff
Fixed double post.

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

One less to worry about being released....what will be next? :rolleyes:

m08.jpg

920D44C5-D936-4346-AF62-30F92AAF7C84.jpeg.7da09c62ab8c03332917b2367a1db4ef.jpeg

Just three in a row!

Go for one more!

Go for it.

Connect Four!

Phalanx, TV Armored VF-1J, TV Nousjadeul-Ger, or TV Queadluun-Rau.

Realistically, come on Tomahawk, Phalanx, and DYRL Nousjadeul-Ger.

18 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

920D44C5-D936-4346-AF62-30F92AAF7C84.jpeg.7da09c62ab8c03332917b2367a1db4ef.jpeg

Just three in a row!

Go for one more!

Go for it.

Connect Four!

Phalanx, TV Armored VF-1J, TV Nousjadeul-Ger, or TV Queadluun-Rau.

Realistically, come on Tomahawk, Phalanx, and DYRL Nousjadeul-Ger.

Pretty sure there's already an armored VF-1J and a VF-1A CF.

So just the bottom row, Tomahawk, and Phalanx.

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Pretty sure there's already an armored VF-1J and a VF-1A CF.

So just the bottom row, Tomahawk, and Phalanx.

That’s a TV VF-1A Kakizaki and TV colored Armored VF-1J.  They’re different colors.

6 minutes ago, valkfighter said:

Why is there a hole in the nose? hope mine does not come with that. is the one in the picture a battle damage version or what??

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm pretty sure it's just a 'display' model that we're seeing.

@no3Ljm is correct..  Here's a pic that I found on Google (Flickr) by Joriel "Joz" Jimenez of the 1/60 Yammie VE-1 and VF-1d. I believe that someone will also do it with the HMR VE-1 and VF-1d when their together.

3888714565_7046b91e98_b.jpg

5 hours ago, Bolt said:

Saw that. So there was a movie version of these?

Yes, first release is DYRL version but the biggest difference is the missile color and they got that wrong. I imagine TV version would just be the same but the 1J would be brighter white with a blue canopy, they might make the armor a paler blue also.

Edited by jenius

4 hours ago, jenius said:

Yes, first release is DYRL version but the biggest difference is the missile color and they got that wrong. I imagine TV version would just be the same but the 1J would be brighter white with a blue canopy, they might make the armor a paper blue also.

Ah so.. guess I have the DYRL version..

If you look at the boxes for the HMR releases, they either have the TV show branding for Macross , or the DYRL branding for the movie(or none for things like the Messer VF-1S), depending on the release.  IIRC, the only release that has "dual" branding for both the show and movie is the VF-1A cannon fodder.  Which makes sense because they give both a TV and DYRL style head for it, so it is a clear and deliberate move by Bandai to give us both versions.  This pic from anymoon gives you a good idea of the difference in branding:

Bandai-HMR-VT-1-4.jpg

The other obvious candidates for "dual branding" would be the destroids, imo, but they only have the TV style branding on the box.  I don't know if any differences exist between TV and DYRL destroids, besides perhaps a slightly different coloring.  The GBP release could possibly squeak by as a "dual release," but there are enough details that are DYRL-specific to land it squarely in the DYRL camp (most notably the pilot).

All that is to say... I don't really know why Bandai does what it does.  I think if they make a concerted effort to give you two distinct releases in one box, like the CF VF-1A, then they will dual brand it. There are plenty of toys that obviously fall into only one brand or the other, but they still give DYRL-style accessories to toys that only appeared in the TV show.  For the rest of the in-between stuff... they just do whatever, I guess.  

Edited by HardlyNever