Hi-Metal R

joppewo

26 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Roy's TV 1S (which should include both Roy and Hikaru TV pilots, and the TV fast packs)

Now we’re talking. I can imagine this would sell like crazy. I’ve already put together my own (minus Roy pilot) but would love an official version. This and the Tomahawk are my top remaining HMR wishes.

45 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

EDITED: DA

What does bother me is this argument that you keep espousing that HMR should be Macross-only, and it is a worse/less-popular/less-successful line because of the non-Macross inclusions.  It smacks of the juvenile Macross elitism that pervades these forums sometimes, and makes community seem petty and childish, in my opinion.  Obviously this forum is going to be biased to Macross; that's why it exists.  But we don't have to fall into the trap of crapping on other things because they aren't Macross.  Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and obviously you don't like that HMR has non-Macross releases.  But to take that opinion and try to make factual claims about the line is going to get you called out (and rightfully so, imo).

I only collect Macross, why shouldn't I prefer and feel it would be a better line if it just included Macross?  I cannot apologize for that or if you get butt-hurt for that sentiment.

Juvenile, petty, childish?  Wasn't that what describes what you were trying to accuse me of?  Thankfully your BS was edited out.  Sadly, others will not be able to read what you wrote.

Again, I never tried to claim anything as fact, seriously, you think I have some magic ball?  It's clearly speculation based on ONE possible outcome that shouldn't offend anyone.  You do it yourself, the only difference is that I don't get upset over your speculation on production posts the way you clearly do...and that is FACT.

Edited by jvmacross

51 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Finishing the HMR 1S Valkyries should be easy. All we need is two:

• Roy's TV 1S (which should include both Roy and Hikaru TV pilots, and the TV fast packs)
  • Max's 1S (which should round out the DYRL leaders)

Please, Bandai/Arcadia/Somebody, don't forget Max. :help:

Ouch. You don't want to have Kakizaki's VF-1A with alternate exploding parts in your collection? ^_^ 

But true, Bandai could've just finished off their DYRL VF-1A's with just color paint. As much that they have released the other old HM VF-1A colors via TWE in 2 years time, the longer people have to wait with the new current HMR line to complete it. I don't collect HMR much, but I feel everyone's frustrations. :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, jenius said:

I still think they should figure out a way to make the 1S head a ball joint so Max can be a 1A or 1S figure.

But that also means we have to change the nosecone and wings due to unit numberings?

13 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Ouch. You don't want to have Kakizaki's VF-1A with alternate exploding parts in your collection? ^_^ 

But true, Bandai could've just finished off their DYRL VF-1A's with just color paint. As much that they have released the other old HM VF-1A colors via TWE in 2 years time, the longer people have to wait with the new current HMR line to complete it. I don't collect HMR much, but I feel everyone's frustrations. :rolleyes:

But that also means we have to change the nosecone and wings due to unit numberings?

No, it means they're blank and you get a sticker sheet, like they did with Grace's Renewal VF-27 with mass production head.

2016 & 2017, we hardly knew ye.  7 Macross releases per year, awesome.  2018 by contrast was shite. 

They should be doing all the recolors as TWE (No new molds aside from heads, just paint differences):

SDFM VF-1 - Max/Kakizaki/Roy/Alaska Base/Virgin Road/Angel Birds/Low-viz Roy...destroid recolors
DYRL VF-1 - Max/Kakizaki/brownie/destroid recolors
Delta VF-1 - Hayate/Mirage
MTF VF-1 ???
M2 VF-2SS - Faerie/standard green/Moon festival red/green/blue/yellow

32 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

They should be doing all the recolors as TWE (No new molds aside from heads, just paint differences):

SDFM VF-1 - Max/Kakizaki/Roy/Alaska Base/Virgin Road/Angel Birds/Low-viz Roy...destroid recolors
MTF VF-1 ???

:good:

100% agree.....the more Macross HMR the better!

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I was focusing more on the 1S types, but yeah noel...you are right to point out that the 1A would be just as easy to finish off with HMR repaints. ;) It would help with the cost of collecting too. Some of the original Hi Metals fetch a pretty penny these days.

And of course I love Kakizaki. I think I connect more with his poor TV self who never got to finish that steak. There was just more time to set up his character as the odd duck of Vermillion team and his death scene was more drawn out and dramatic too. So many feels in episode 20 of SDF TV, whereas in DYRL his goodbye is a blink and you'll miss it moment. 

Edited by technoblue

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

Finishing the HMR 1S Valkyries should be easy. All we need is two:

• Roy's TV 1S (which should include both Roy and Hikaru TV pilots, and the TV fast packs)
  • Max's 1S (which should round out the DYRL leaders)

Please, Bandai/Arcadia/Somebody, don't forget Max. :help:

Bandai could easily reuse the white VF-1S Messer and include white biceps and a green visor to use as their TV VF-1S Roy.  Throw in TV Roy and Hikaru pilots.  I’d love to finally have official TV arm armor.  I wonder if the Super VF-1J Max and Milia would be reissued with the correct arm armor and alternate colors for Fast Packs. DYRL VF-1S Max can easily be recolored from DYRL VF-1S Roy.

An alternate route for a TV VF-1S is for one to get a spare HM VF-1S Roy and include TV Roy and Hikaru pilots.  For a DYRL VF-1S Max just paint the yellow parts of a spare HMR VF-1S Roy to blue.

34 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

2016 & 2017, we hardly knew ye.  7 Macross releases per year, awesome.  2018 by contrast was shite. 

MTF VF-1 ???

I’d also want recolors of the VF-1 from Macross Plus, Macross 7, and Macross VF-X2.

On 12/5/2018 at 3:42 PM, Shizuka the Cat said:

Update.  Amazon JP has lowered the price on the VF-1D again.

From 6,567 yen down to 5,883 yen.  (That's about $51.96)

image.png.9219546eab3b1d02487256a1c3541cef.png

Those who pre-ordered before the price drop have the updated price automatically applied.

I am really loving Amazon JP now!

AmazonJP dropped the price on the VF-1D pre-order again.

Now down to 5,706 yen.

12 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Go go go! :good: 

Three is a good number for Valkyries. One for each mode. Or one to display, one to play, and one just in case. :rolleyes:

Ahahaha the enablers *here* respond so quickly!

Edited by hachi
added a word

That’s cool about the VF-1D price drop at Amazon JP.  It’s no longer available for preorder from them but I’m glad I got 1 preorder in way back.  I’ll have 1 to play with while the others come in later from NY.

In other news, I’m looking forward to posting more HMR pics!

39 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

That’s cool about the VF-1D price drop at Amazon JP.  It’s no longer available for preorder from them but I’m glad I got 1 preorder in way back.  I’ll have 1 to play with while the others come in later from NY.

In other news, I’m looking forward to posting more HMR pics!

Have you made any other customs? 

18 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Have you made any other customs? 

17 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Yes, please!

14 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I have the same question.

Even without customs, he has enough pieces to put together some impressive armies.

Coming soon.

3 hours ago, Smacky said:

VF-4 back up for pre-order on HLJ.

https://hlj.com/hi-metal-r-vf-4-lightning-iii-bans55381

VF-1D available at AmiAmi too, finally scored one!:D

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?scode=FIGURE-044625

Thank you for your post; it prompted me to check on what I was sure was a valid VF-4 pre-order I had with Anime Export, but since I forgot to pay within the 48 hour window, and it's no longer available, became a dud that would've completely blindsided me... must've been one of those occasions when being tired and eager to sleep after a pre-order hunt, and seeing I had received the order placement confirmation but not actually read it, I assumed I had finished the process and went to bed, thereby forgetting all about it -- until now -- and let it slip in blissful oblivion.  So, without your heads-up as a reminder I would've been confused and left scrambling when the Lightning III is released.

Here's to you, thanks...:drinks: