Hi-Metal R

joppewo

18 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm just guessing here. Maybe the 'ghost lineart' is just to show the size of the Zentraedi soldier in a pilot suit inside the N-Ger.

17 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I was thinking the same thing 

17 hours ago, Dobber said:

I considered that too, but that doesn’t make sense whit how it is drawn. The Ghost image isn’t drawn like a soldier but rather like armor. There is also a ghost chest canon too.

Chris

The smaller one was the pre-production concept involving a power suit that the "typical" zentran soldier could "wear", so perfectly sized like a Mospeada bike armor....the larger one, final production version, was a power suit you had to "ride in"...like the Q-Rau....so basically the mech is larger (taller) than the pilot...

In the line art...the pilot's head would be immediately behind the mech's visor, for the "short"wearable power suit....in the final production version "taller" mech....the pilot's head is shown below the mech's "head/visor" area...

nousjadeul-ger-dyrl-lineart2.gif

How awsome would it be to get an HMR N-Ger were the "head" tilts forward to reveal the pilot inside.....don't even need the whole figure, just the head and top of the torso...make it so Bandai!

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

The smaller one was the pre-production concept involving a power suit that the "typical" zentran soldier could "wear", so perfectly sized like a Mospeada bike armor....the larger one, final production version, was a power suit you had to "ride in"...like the Q-Rau....so basically the mech is larger (taller) than the pilot...

In the line art...the pilot's head would be immediately behind the mech's visor, for the "short"wearable power suit....in the final production version "taller" mech....the pilot's head is shown below the mech's "head/visor" area...

How awsome would it be to get an HMR N-Ger were the "head" tilts forward to reveal the pilot inside.....don't even need the whole figure, just the head and top of the torso...make it so Bandai!

Sweet! Thanks! That solves it then. 

Chris

6 hours ago, jvmacross said:

That would be so awesome.

On 1/2/2019 at 11:10 PM, nightmareB4macross said:

That pretty close to the original color. The trend is brighter and whiter as most valkyries are nowadays.

This figure is straight out of the box.

Only the 1/48 M&Ms had true white.

55BBF142-6ECE-4098-A9ED-E8C9125F29D0.jpeg

I had one that was bright white when I first got it. I actually remember being amazed at the white since it was was my second J and the first one was white like that. It didn’t last long though. A few months later I noticed the white had dulled like my first copy. Strange. I think just being out of the box dulls the white over time.

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

I had one that was bright white when I first got it. I actually remember being amazed at the white since it was was my second J and the first one was white like that. It didn’t last long though. A few months later I noticed the white had dulled like my first copy. Strange. I think just being out of the box dulls the white over time.

That's what I hate about the bright white valks. They're expensive little suckers and they just rot. Sure, you can take extra care of them (wear gloves, no sun exposure, cool/dry weather conditions). 

This is why I like the HMR line. They don't really cost an arm and a leg (like the 1/60s, 1/48s, etc), and you won't end up with a bunch of yellow expensive gunk.

At least with the off gray (or any "color" plastic) it doesn't really show as much.

I've been through them all, and the HMR line is my last stand for Macross toys (decent price point, the most collectible "scale" and assortment). The DX Chogokin VF-1J is nice, but a few years from now that $300 bucks will look like someone's teeth. 

Edited by fifbeat

9 minutes ago, fifbeat said:

I've been through them all, and the HMR line is my last stand for Macross toys (decent price point, the most collectible "scale" and assortment). The DX Chogokin VF-1J is nice, but a few years from now that $300 bucks will look like someone's teeth. 

Hope it's not since this DX release doesn't have that bright white color that Yamato have but instead it has a grey tint into it.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Honestly, it shouldn't be an issue with modern plastics. Even my white Gundam models don't turn colors. They just get dusty.

Define modern plastics (not being a smart ass, I really wanna know!) Are HMR modern plastics? 

7 hours ago, fifbeat said:

Define modern plastics (not being a smart ass, I really wanna know!) Are HMR modern plastics? 

Additives/formulations to resist aging and UV exposure.

Similar to how paint on new cars vs old cars is much more resistant to being outside.

24 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Additives/formulations to resist aging and UV exposure.

Similar to how paint on new cars vs old cars is much more resistant to being outside.

Isn't the trend to make plastics degrade and breakdown faster?

12 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

Only single-use or disposable plastics, at least as far as I'm aware.

Figures and the like fall under "durable goods".

[edit] Also IIRC some of the main changes for color resistance to UV are in the pigmentation, rather than the plastic.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

15 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

That I believe so in a way that it will still last but not as same as what we have from before. Sad to say that the quality of plastics nowadays compared to the 80's is totally different. I don't have a Takatoku VF-1, but I'm definitely sure that when you have that both figures in your hand you can really tell that the plastic used back then are different quality.

Edited by no3Ljm

Plastic quality is all dependent on price and type of base. The reason quality of plastic has gone down is due to cost and making it more enviornmentally friendly. Hence why lots of new North American toys are very Hollow and bendy. Japanese makers still use Chinese factories and the costs have risen roughly 80% just since 2003. So That’s why plastic quality suffers, for a better cost to of product to the consumer. 

Honestly it wont be shocking that one day soon, Die-cast might be cheaper than plastic. Who knows what kind of petroleum laws may come in the future with the global crises.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

That I believe so in a way that it will still last but not as same as what we have from before. Sad to say that the quality of plastics nowadays compared to the 80's is totally different. I don't have a Takatoku VF-1, but I'm definitely sure that when you have that both figures in your hand you can really tell that the plastic used back then are different quality.

1 hour ago, skullmilitia said:

Plastic quality is all dependent on price and type of base. The reason quality of plastic has gone down is due to cost and making it more enviornmentally friendly. Hence why lots of new North American toys are very Hollow and bendy. Japanese makers still use Chinese factories and the costs have risen roughly 80% just since 2003. So That’s why plastic quality suffers, for a better cost to of product to the consumer. 

Honestly it wont be shocking that one day soon, Die-cast might be cheaper than plastic. Who knows what kind of petroleum laws may come in the future with the global crises.

I can agree with @no3Ljm and @skullmilitia as well.

For those who had the G1 Fortress Max back in '88 and still have it now, the Encore #23 (which was released back in 2013) has a different plastic feel than compared to the original one. 

Can I say that plastics now can take more of a flexibility (until it reaches to a certain point and then it breaks as well all know) than compared to years ago and that different composites of materials/price/manufacturing process have evolved over the course of time.        

Being able to select between two like items at different price points for different a quality/grade  of plastic might be interesting.  Sadly we don't get that choice now.

I might be willing to spend 5% more for the ultra-durable option if there was some guarantee on that quality. For other less essential items, I might prefer the cheaper version.

KOs seem to be filling this niche.

14 hours ago, fifbeat said:

That's what I hate about the bright white valks. They're expensive little suckers and they just rot. Sure, you can take extra care of them (wear gloves, no sun exposure, cool/dry weather conditions). 

This is why I like the HMR line. They don't really cost an arm and a leg (like the 1/60s, 1/48s, etc), and you won't end up with a bunch of yellow expensive gunk.

At least with the off gray (or any "color" plastic) it doesn't really show as much.

Hmm.

Well, i don't have anymore 1/48 yammies, my bright-white 1/60v2 yammies and arcadias ain't "a bunch of  yellow expensive gunk".

Here are some recent pics of my Yammie Hikkie-1J alongside the HMR and the DX...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/monthly_2018_12/dx-y160v2-hmr.JPG.09d6a30051567b3ce05b5607466e1cc4.JPG

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/monthly_2018_12/gettingready4dx1j.jpg.17277ea718125759c45c6cad03d105e9.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/monthly_2019_01/hikaru-1J-stuff.jpg.3864135a6efecdf23afd89e065c92dc9.jpg

I should take out my Arcadia 1S'es. 

They're even way brighter whites than my Yammie  TV-valks...

:bump:

Edited by treatment
links instead since embeds borked.

3 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

My birthday is in June. A Tomahwk in June would be great;)

Hey Ignacio! Advance, sir! ;) 

How about an official announcement that Tomahawk's getting made in June? Would that still be great even if it's going to get released months after your June Bday? :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Ignacio! Advance, sir! ;) 

How about an official announcement that Tomahawk's getting made in June? Would that still be great even if it's going to get released months after your June Bday? :rolleyes:

That would be great, as long as bandai delivers I can wait ;)

3 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I'll wish for an N-Ger for your B-Day instead...

750697685_726990.gif

Well, the N-Ger is my favorite Zentran mecha, so yes, I want it too.

On 1/14/2019 at 6:03 AM, Ignacio Ocamica said:

My birthday is in June. A Tomahwk in June would be great;)

Second that. Anytime this year will be great, but earlier is better. Been waiting for that since forever.

It is one of the first/second Arii models that I build when I was a kid.