9 hours ago, RDX17 said:

Nice work!

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Looks gorgeous Lolicon! :wub: :good: 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, fenrir72 said:

Where'd you score the decals?:wub:

21 minutes ago, Mac said:

I probably asked this before but where did you get those decals?

I scanned and scaled down some old Yamato sticker sheets and the sticker sheet that came with the ET VF-2SS before I got rid of it. I put them in the decals library so anyone can use them.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I guess you forgot that you were just in he Hi-Metal R thread. ;) 

Haha, I didn’t actually... I asked because I spotted the grey jumpsuit focker pilot figure in the VF-1S.  I never owned any of the old Hi-metal (note: not “R”) releases and so was curious that they had a TV version focker. 

Edited by rdrunner

1 minute ago, rdrunner said:

Haha, I didn’t actually... I asked because I spotted the grey jumpsuit focker pilot figure in the VF-1S.  I never owned any Hi metal releases and so was curious that they had a TV version focker. 

Hahaha! Well, you know this is sh9000. He has lots of extra HMR VF-1's lying around in his house for him to paint a Roy one, right? ;)

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! Well, you know this is sh9000. He has lots of extra HMR VF-1's lying around in his house for him to paint a Roy one, right? ;)

He had the correct shade of white on the VF-1S and also a grey jumpsuit Roy! I would totally buy a TV version of that valk in a heartbeat...

Speaking of which, I really wish I can find a TV Roy 1/60 VF-1S in the market that isn’t bright pink... well I exaggerate but you know what I mean LOL. 

3 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

He had the correct shade of white on the VF-1S and also a grey jumpsuit Roy! I would totally buy a TV version of that valk in a heartbeat...

Speaking of which, I really wish I can find a TV Roy 1/60 VF-1S in the market that isn’t bright pink... well I exaggerate but you know what I mean LOL. 

That VF-1S is from the first Hi-Metal line where all the VF-1 is white compared to the recent Hi-Metal R releases. ;) 

As for the 1/60 Roy TV VF-1S,  I think the best route to go is get the Yamato release. :good:

On 12/12/2018 at 8:22 PM, Smacky said:

Maybe it’s because you’re so full of yourself?  In so many of your stupid ass posts you make it sound like you are single handledly “supporting” the hobby, as if nobody else on this board puts money into this hobby.  And look at the stupid ass thing you said above, you hoard these toys so you can sell them at an enormous profit.  It’s thanks to jackasses like you that make it hard for other people to get into this hobby.  In reality, you’re no better than a scalper, so congratulations for being a douche.   

Gotta do what u gotta do.  Anyway, I don't control the prices of this stuff.  I know for a fact, though, that a guy who works for Nordic Trac single handedly kept the price of the VE-1 and VT-1 1/55 scale valks at over $1500 each due to the fact that he outbid everyone that ever auctioned them on ebay for over a decade. 

AT LEAST I'm not doing that.  That is pretty shady.  And it goes to show, neither valk is "rare".

You guys can thumb down and cuss 'stupid ass' and call names and break forum rules, etc.  I just sit back and laugh at you.  You don't make it so I can't buy what I want :D

Edited by amptor

11 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Thanks!

I scanned and scaled down some old Yamato sticker sheets and the sticker sheet that came with the ET VF-2SS before I got rid of it. I put them in the decals library so anyone can use them.

That's great. Thanks for contributing. 

May I ask what method you use to make your custom decals? 

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey sh9000. Are you planning on putting the rest of your VF-1's on the tree? ;)

That'd be a very heavy [and well-defended] Tree...

12 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

That's great. Thanks for contributing. 

May I ask what method you use to make your custom decals? 

You can purchase decal paper for inkjet or laser printers, then just print them out like you would anything else. After you print them out, you spray a later of Krylon acrylic over the sheet to seal in the decal prints. Once it's cured, they're exactly like waterslide decals.

You can manipulate the images in Photoshop to have as many or as few of any particular decal you want before printing and to clean up any imperfections on the scan.

I prefer to fill up an entire sheet before printing so as not to waste decal paper. Sometimes I'll test print on plain paper to see how the decals look and how big they are before committing them to the more expensive decal paper.

There are limits to printing your own decals though. You can't print in white, and decal paper is transparent so they only look good on light surfaces. There is white-backed decal paper but that's only good for certain types of images, and you have to trim the image out exactly.

Example of decal paper for inkjet printers:

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Waterslide-Decal-Paper-Inkjet/dp/B07CBJLNCT/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1544924123&sr=8-6&keywords=decal+paper+inkjet

On 12/14/2018 at 6:04 PM, jvmacross said:

Surprised Hallmark hasn't released "Robotech" ornaments.....they seem to release something from every franchise

That would be kind of cool if there were some.  They’d at least be lighter in weight.

On 12/14/2018 at 7:17 PM, rdrunner said:

Love those ornaments! Are they Hi Metal valks? 

Thanks!  They are a HM VF-1S with custom TV Roy pilot and HMR VF-1J Hikaru.

On 12/14/2018 at 8:29 PM, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Those VF-1s look great as ornaments, @sh9000. I seem to remember you (or someone else) doing something similar with the CF 1A last year?

Thanks!  Yeah last year I tried out the CF VF-1A on the tree.

21 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey sh9000. Are you planning on putting the rest of your VF-1's on the tree? ;)

Unfortunately no.  Too many of them would make it real heavy for the tree.  Plus my wife always decorates the tree.  Roy and Hikaru were just making a flyby.  B))

6 hours ago, slide said:

That'd be a very heavy [and well-defended] Tree...

Yep very heavy.

Thanks @vlenhoff.

Edited by sh9000

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

You can purchase decal paper for inkjet or laser printers, then just print them out like you would anything else. After you print them out, you spray a later of Krylon acrylic over the sheet to seal in the decal prints. Once it's cured, they're exactly like waterslide decals.

You can manipulate the images in Photoshop to have as many or as few of any particular decal you want before printing and to clean up any imperfections on the scan.

I prefer to fill up an entire sheet before printing so as not to waste decal paper. Sometimes I'll test print on plain paper to see how the decals look and how big they are before committing them to the more expensive decal paper.

There are limits to printing your own decals though. You can't print in white, and decal paper is transparent so they only look good on light surfaces. There is white-backed decal paper but that's only good for certain types of images, and you have to trim the image out exactly.

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Waterslide-Decal-Paper-Inkjet/dp/B07CBJLNCT/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1544924123&sr=8-6&keywords=decal+paper+inkjet

Thanks! I'll try and see if I can find Krylon acrylic nearby 

On 12/16/2018 at 9:46 AM, Lolicon said:

Thanks and all for the fast response. But, any chance you can hare your printer settings?

1 minute ago, fenrir72 said:

Thanks and all for the fast response. But, any chance you can hare your printer settings?

I’ve just set mine on highest quality settings. Maybe would be good to bump up the saturation a bit. Best thing to do is test on regular paper first as mentioned.