Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 hour ago, vlenhoff said:

I just watched Boobytrap & Countdown... again. This HM-R 1D is all we wanted back then. Something small, concealable, fun and accurate. I can't believe they put Minmay on the 1D's hand, that is deep Bandai, very deep. If only the cabin/nose section was detachable. I was not going to get this valk, but man, how can you not. I only have the HM-R Elintseeker, and the HM[not R] VF-1J, and the stupid VF-2SS, which i adore. And now this 1D. Now I need[not want] at least a 1S now... and the VT-1... and the destroyers... I quit.

Can you believe i have (5) 1/60 Yammies V2, including the 1D, and i have never opened them. Maybe i'll open one for Christmas, as a celebration of this hobby.

You should get at least one of each type.

47 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Were there any defects or issues found with the Hikaru 1S?

No defects or issues.

9 minutes ago, borgified said:

however some of Hikaru's 1a did have mis-matched leg clips (either you get two left or two right) and you have to ask another member here for a switch if their copy had the same issue just a different side than yours.

Corrected.  None of mine had mismatched leg armor parts.

i reallly want to get that Bandai 1/60 YF-19 excalibur, but i already have the Arcadia version. All this macross goodness. I swear, i never thought this would be possible. 

Sh9000, you are not helping....

Edited by vlenhoff
typo

Thanks guys:

Thank you, your order has been placed.

Please check your email for order confirmation and detailed delivery information or visit Message Center to review your notifications.

Order Number: xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx
  • 4 items will be shipped to xxxxxxxx x xxxxx from Amazon Japan G.K.. 
    Estimated delivery: May 3, 2019 - May 6, 2019

2 hours ago, borgified said:

Which version of the 1s do you want @vlenhoff?

Manda has 3 listings Hikaru's - https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1099769111&ref=list

Amazon japan has Roy, Hikaru and Messer -  https://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/357-5905649-3474718?__mk_ja_JP=カタカナ&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hi-metal+r *

*Note that Roy's and Hikaru's version are quite pricy (23k+ yen). As for the other stores like AE, Amiami, CDJ, et all, it maybe be sold out. If they have it in stock, then the asking price will might be in the 24k+yen range.

I was late to the HMR game and rushed to acquire the earlier releases from Mandarakd and other online stores. 

I wish I had known about From Japan. Go check out the listings there. There is a constant stream of VF-1Ss at good prices. Less than 20k. If your desired item is from Rakuten, From Japan regularly have 10% discount sales. 

1 hour ago, Jwwu said:

I was late to the HMR game and rushed to acquire the earlier releases from Mandarakd and other online stores. 

I wish I had known about From Japan. Go check out the listings there. There is a constant stream of VF-1Ss at good prices. Less than 20k. If your desired item is from Rakuten, From Japan regularly have 10% discount sales. 

Just FYI, pay attention to the seller's shipping methods, I've got bitten on a few things that charged absurd shipping costs to get from the seller to From Japan.

NY is still my main store for HMR but Amazon JP is slowly becoming my second store now.  They just need to pack items better.  My HMR VF-2SS Nexx that I got from them for 9448 JPY shipped came in a box with a crumpled piece of paper put to the side of the toy package.

25 minutes ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

Do Amazon.jp has customer support? I can't find an email address or a chat anywhere in the site.

I think it works like the regular US Amazon. Here is a link of the  Amazon Japan "contact customer service"  google translated to english https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/help/customer/contact-us

On 12/7/2018 at 11:55 AM, sh9000 said:

@vlenhoff Thanks.

@fenrir72 Yeah the box is the same size as the one for the VF-2SS Silvie Gena.

In the next couple of weeks I’ve got to open the rest of my HMR, finish at least one custom, and put together and paint one of Plastic Cretins’ 1/100 items.

Missed the Silvie. Though still available pre owned, I kind of like the blue over the red stripe of Nexx.

Btw, any difference between the two(as in accessories (not the color and the pilot that is) ?

54 minutes ago, fenrir72 said:

Missed the Silvie. Though still available pre owned, I kind of like the blue over the red stripe of Nexx.

Btw, any difference between the two(as in accessories (not the color and the pilot that is) ?

The VF-2SS Nexx also comes with the rail gun and the extra right side leg armor to store the gun.

24 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

when I went to Amazon.JP today, the price had gone back up and free prime shipping to my location in the US was no longer an option. Maybe they discovered the error of their ways..

That just means Amazon.jp has sold out of their pre-order stock.  Amazon affiliates will still be using the site, but they're unlikely to sell outside of Japan... and don't offer Amazon's pre-order price guarantee, either.

I'm surprised Amazon.jp's own stock lasted this long, actually.  I've seen DX Chogokins sell out in under an hour.