Hi-Metal R

joppewo

12 minutes ago, Big s said:

It was a bit frustrating with so many items going up for preorder on the same night, but I was able to get 2 kaemphers 2 spikes and 2 vf 1d’s. No luck on a captain marvel though, but at least that wasn’t my favorite out of the group.

I feel the same...Got 1 VF-1D, 1 S.h.F Broly....but no gogeta.

Captain Marvel still up on NY.

Screenshot_20181203-102810.png

Edited by Pedro2k6

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

The price disparity should actually be less wide, if you account for shipping.

I ordered 2 from Amazon JP. With their only shipping option to the U.S. (3 - 5 day estimate), my total is 14,934 yen.

If I ordered 2 from NY using JP Post Airmail (10 - 20 day estimate), the total is 14,385 yen.

I think when you're ordering in the volume that @sh9000 typically does, every little bit makes a difference. :D

Just ordered from HLJ and cancelled CD Japan. I like CD Japan but their shipping is slow and pricy. I have stuff in my HLJ Private warehouse all the time, and for some reason this preorder was VERY reasonably priced at HLJ. 

Just got mine from AmiAmi.  I did SAL (registered) which comes with tracking...do you know if AmiAmi lets you change the shipping when the product arrives before you pay?  It's always annoying that they give you 8 or so options but no indication of the expected shipping costs.  I don't really care if I get the preorder I've waited months for in a few weeks as opposed to a few days, but I do want tracking.  I also don't want to pay the price of the toy in shipping.

Well after being up in the middle of the night, and now up in the morning to see that this is still readily available, I think I'm done doing pre-order madness for HM-R, there doesnt seem to be a need any longer. DXs will always be a different story though I think.

3 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

The price disparity should actually be less wide, if you account for shipping.

I ordered 2 from Amazon JP. With their only shipping option to the U.S. (3 - 5 day estimate), my total is 14,934 yen.

If I ordered 2 from NY using JP Post Airmail (10 - 20 day estimate), the total is 14,385 yen.

I always take into account the shipping and total shipped.  The order of 4 at NY with my discount was 25415 JPY shipped.  The order of 4 at Amazon JP was 29268 JPY shipped.  The difference was 3853 JPY.  I rounded up.

40 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I think when you're ordering in the volume that @sh9000 typically does, every little bit makes a difference. :D

B))

14 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Well after being up in the middle of the night, and now up in the morning to see that this is still readily available, I think I'm done doing pre-order madness for HM-R, there doesnt seem to be a need any longer. DXs will always be a different story though I think.

Thinking the same thing.  Seeing the vf-4 being a little harder to get a few days after made me cautious with the the vf-1d.  But I think the vf-4 was an exception, rather than the rule.

22 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

8 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Thinking the same thing.  Seeing the vf-4 being a little harder to get a few days after made me cautious with the the vf-1d.  But I think the vf-4 was an exception, rather than the rule.

Yeah.

There really wasn't any so-called PO-madness with the HMR line since, I dunno, the Hikaru-1S or so. Even then, it wasn't as mad as the DX Frontier v2-valks.

Most of the HMR valks are even better discounted than the PO-pricing on release-day, anyway.  They'll even shelfwarm for a couple of weeks and more.

Some people here seems to just keep on hyping HMR PO-madness stuff everytime, however, for some whatever reason.

The only PO-madness to watch out for nowadays are usually on the Metal Build Gundams (sometimes Metal Build Mazingers, too), if you're into that stuff like the rest of far east asia-based fans (and shops/scalpers) or something, it seems...

I got exceptionally lucky last night at HLJ, after trying, and failing, on AmiAmi, 25 or so after 11 HLJ opened up. Zero issues, nabbed everything I wanted without issue, Figuarts Captain Marvel, Figuarts Spike Spiegel, Figuarts Broly, Figuarts Gogeta, and Hi-Metal R VF-1D. This will be the first time in about a year I was able to get Dragonball Figuarts from a Japanese site, and not having to wait for BBTS for the Bluefin release.

2 hours ago, lavinrac said:

I bet preorder madness will return when they release an enemy mech.

Hopefully more stores will not limit to just 1 so that there are more buying options.

3 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Yeah... so i forgot about this... -__________-

It’s not too late.  There are several stores that still have it available.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/HI-METAL-超時空要塞マクロス-約140mm-ダイキャスト製-塗装済み可動フィギュア/dp/B07KYYPXKJ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1543820687&sr=8-1&keywords=hi-metal+vf-1d

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-313889?utm_source=MAIL&utm_medium=html&utm_content=NEOGDS-313889&utm_campaign=Goods

http://www.anime-export.com/product/42299

48 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

@sh9000....you getting enough for a VF-1D wedding guard diorama? :rolleyes:

hqdefault.jpg

I only got a VF-1D x3 for each mode and 1 to keep MISB.  I’m just going to paint the spare 1/100 VF-1D model kit heads and put them on CF VF-1A bodies.  It’s too bad the VF-1D fuselage and small back piece won’t be easy to remove otherwise I’d just paint and swap all the necessary pieces and put them on a spare VF-1J Max body.  Hopefully there is an official VF-1D VR planned.

1556C9D5-DF9F-4E67-8E67-4B2F8A0C943F.png.74728d4516c2d0e288b2ebe93485acda.png

I’ll also use the CF VF-1A to fill out the rest.

Edited by sh9000

7 hours ago, SpaceCowboy said:

Just got mine from AmiAmi.  I did SAL (registered) which comes with tracking...do you know if AmiAmi lets you change the shipping when the product arrives before you pay?  It's always annoying that they give you 8 or so options but no indication of the expected shipping costs.  I don't really care if I get the preorder I've waited months for in a few weeks as opposed to a few days, but I do want tracking.  I also don't want to pay the price of the toy in shipping.

Yes , when you get the payment email , just log into your account , go to payment, and your order ,   You will then see all your other shipping options along with the pricing.  Select the one you want and paid . 

7 hours ago, SpaceCowboy said:

Log in again and go to select "Modify Existing Orders" and select the correct shipping method of your choice. You won't pay of the price of the toy in shipping as it roughly 2K/3k yen in either EMS or DHL.

I have an order with Amimai to be paid shortly and I switched it from EMS to DHL because the Postal Strike in Canada suspended all overseas mail and parcels two weeks ago. Now that the Liberals forced the Postal Workers back to work last week, I'm not taking the risk in having sent via EMS as the mail and parcels will be backlogged till January before I do get my package and everything is cleared.

I've ordered a DX VF-31 valk plus the SV-262 Hs add on set from Amazon Japan and got it within 5 days after I made my payment as they used DHL for shipment.  

Edited by borgified
grammar

11 hours ago, SpaceCowboy said:

For that price range it must always have tracking/registered mail.

11 hours ago, treatment said:

Yeah.

There really wasn't any so-called PO-madness with the HMR line since, I dunno, the Hikaru-1S or so. Even then, it wasn't as mad as the DX Frontier v2-valks.

Most of the HMR valks are even better discounted than the PO-pricing on release-day, anyway.  They'll even shelfwarm for a couple of weeks and more.

Some people here seems to just keep on hyping HMR PO-madness stuff everytime, however, for some whatever reason.

The only PO-madness to watch out for nowadays are usually on the Metal Build Gundams (sometimes Metal Build Mazingers, too), if you're into that stuff like the rest of far east asia-based fans (and shops/scalpers) or something, it seems...

You didn't experience any issue? Really? Even Amiami acknowledged a "special" link due to the figure's popularity.

3 minutes ago, fenrir72 said:

You didn't experience any issue? Really? Even Amiami acknowledged a "special" link due to the figure's popularity.

I honestly never experienced any issue when preordering any of my HMRs.

Amiami's have been seriously buggy since they've redesigned their english-site a few months ago, so it doesn't surprise me if some of you guys experienced issues with it last night.  It's been buggy and takes multiple times to get thru even when ordering regularly and on non-po times.

And they damn fully know about it, too...

:5:

7 minutes ago, treatment said:

I honestly never experienced any issue when preordering any of my HMRs.

Amiami's have been seriously buggy since they've redesigned their english-site a few months ago, so it doesn't surprise me if some of you guys experienced issues with it last night.  It's been buggy and takes multiple times to get thru even when ordering regularly and on non-po times.

And they damn fully know about it, too...

:5:

Even hlj? No issue? What's your mbps?

2 minutes ago, fenrir72 said:

Even hlj? No issue? What's your mbps?

No idea. Don't really think it has anything to do with "mbps", but rather with whatever webscript and cloud/redundancy implementations the japan-shops are using nowadays.

I also haven't ordered from hlj since whenever since their offerings are just not competitive nor enticing anymore to me. 

You'll prolly have much better luck with amz-jp when preordering since their ordering systems are somehow way better managed and stuff than any of the regular japan-shops.  They also do have really competitive pricing and very fast shipping. 

At least, when they're allowed to ship the item outside japan...

:hail: