Hi-Metal R

joppewo

8 minutes ago, jenius said:

Looks like it automatically applies the price change to your preorder, sweet!

Now it's 7767 with EMS equivalent. That's nice. 

With the price drop, I decided to cancel my HLJ order and get both of my VF-1D's from Amazon JP.... which made shipping a bit cheaper per toy.

Including shipping, average cost was 7,467 yen per toy bundled together.

13 minutes ago, jenius said:

Looks like it automatically applies the price change to your preorder, sweet!

Now it's 7767 with EMS equivalent. That's nice. 

Also, you are right... Amazon's default global shipping does seem to be on part to EMS in terms of delivery time, but a whole lot cheaper.

4 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Where is NY?

Looking at the times of when NY listed other HMR, it will most likely be late.  

I already ordered my 4 at Amazon JP and I’m probably going to sleep as it will only be a little bit less at NY.

5 minutes ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

Amazon wont let me add an address outside Japan. Any suggestions?

They will, make sure you've chosen English as your language (so you can find the option) and look around the various drop-down menus to change the country.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

They will, make sure you've chosen English as your language (so you can find the option) and look around the various drop-down menus to change the country.

3 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

You can add an address outside of Japan. There is a link during address creation that lets you enter in foreign addresses.

Awsome. Thanks guys.

43 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

@Shizuka the Cat, I was looking at your links and I wanted to warn anybody looking at nin-nin game price, they are TERRIBLE online shop, in particular for pre-orders. In fact I have heard a lot of horrible stories I didn't want to believe until I did place an order myself and went into a hell with their customer service.

Putting nin-nin in your short list, and because they have the lowest price, seems like this is a recommended store. IT ISN'T! Please remove it

1 hour ago, Xigfrid said:

@Shizuka the Cat, I was looking at your links and I wanted to warn anybody looking at nin-nin game price, they are TERRIBLE online shop, in particular for pre-orders. In fact I have heard a lot of horrible stories I didn't want to believe until I did place an order myself and went into a hell with their customer service.

Putting nin-nin in your short list, and because they have the lowest price, seems like this is a recommended store. IT ISN'T! Please remove it

I have re-categorized it under "of questionable repute". From searching on MWF, it seems that while a few people have successfully ordered from Nin-Nin-Games in the past, more people have had some form of complaint against them.

Admittedly, I did debate whether to put Nippon-Yassan under this category, given the huge number of complaints that arose from the VF-31A debacle. But, since as of 5 AM here in Boston, there has yet to be a listing on Nippon-Yassan for the VF-1D, so I don't have to worry about that for now. 

30 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Thanks @Shizuka the Cat as always for the useful list. I woke up 10 mins ago in panic, but managed to snag 2 from Amazon japan thanks to your link. 

My pleasure @rdrunner.  I enjoy doing it. And if it is at all helpful to someone, then all the better!

17 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Cancelled my 4 at Amazon JP and preordered 4 at NY since NY was 4000 JPY cheaper.

The price disparity should actually be less wide, if you account for shipping.

I ordered 2 from Amazon JP. With their only shipping option to the U.S. (3 - 5 day estimate), my total is 14,934 yen.

If I ordered 2 from NY using JP Post Airmail (10 - 20 day estimate), the total is 14,385 yen.