Hi-Metal R

joppewo

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Yep, comes with Hibiki instead of Nexx. Either Bandai screwed up royal on that or it's a hint of a SNN Valk coming out. 

I like the SSN valk... I would actually pick one up, just because it's an oddball in the Macross flock: a Civilian-Purpose Valkyrie!

Inspired by tekering just did some minor panel wash to my Destroid Defender und put on matte topcoat. Imho the figure lost much of its toy-like character. Now it looks more like being built from a model kit, especially if placed next to my Frame Arms or MB Gundams. I like that. Hm, now what am I gonna do to my VF-2SS Nexx? :unknw:

IMG_4702.thumb.jpg.c6c3b4d34b7e6e3b0464f10ddf38ede0.jpg

IMG_4704.thumb.jpg.14e1152ebf22ce5be0ffe011d7f44796.jpg

1 hour ago, CrossAir said:

Inspired by tekering just did some minor panel wash to my Destroid Defender und put on matte topcoat. Imho the figure lost much of its toy-like character. Now it looks more like being built from a model kit, especially if placed next to my Frame Arms or MB Gundams. I like that. Hm, now what am I gonna do to my VF-2SS Nexx? :unknw:

IMG_4702.thumb.jpg.c6c3b4d34b7e6e3b0464f10ddf38ede0.jpg

Excellent work! Looks like a high quality model kit rather than a toy now. :)

After some delay, I finally got Nexx. Looks so plain out of the box. Good thing I printed that ridiculously loaded decal sheet when I got Sylvie's unit.

383429393_VF-2SSNexx01.thumb.jpg.8c37761d98407c7b9cd6bdd261843cce.jpg

59 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

After some delay, I finally got Nexx. Looks so plain out of the box. Good thing I printed that ridiculously loaded decal sheet when I got Sylvie's unit.

383429393_VF-2SSNexx01.thumb.jpg.8c37761d98407c7b9cd6bdd261843cce.jpg

Yeah, the VF-2SS looks a bit naked out of box. Decals will surely dress it up. Mind sharing your file? :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, CrossAir said:

Looks fantastic. That's precisely what I was thinking about when I asked about matt coats. Did you mask off the clear parts first though?

16 minutes ago, jenius said:

A gratuitous statement that does not affect the message being conveyed... hence, a brag. It's all good, collectors need to gloat every now-and-then.

I was expressing that one of the most difficult to obtain DX’s was shipped by them.  And it was the fourth A because I didn’t get my other three A’s from there, I got my fourth one from there.  Would saying one of several A’s have been better?

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Lol, why does it matter that you own several As?

Tell you what, next time I have a response I’ll dm it to you first and you can explain to me all the ways you can misconstrue it.

Loopaza is fine.

Edited by Mommar

Ordered HMR defender and spartan from NY, and It has been in preparation in progress for 3 days, is that normal? The last time I ordered from NY, I rem ember they normally ship within 2 days of payment, especially for items they have in stock. That said I haven't bought anything from them since the VF-31A fiasco.

3 hours ago, borgified said:

From @CF18 post on the 18th, it will cost 7,770 yen (or 7.8k yen rounded up). 

Edit: Corrected price posted not 7,780 yen.

That's retail? So most places would likely have their PO price set below 7K, I'd think. I believe the non-super VF-1A and VF-1J from 2 years ago came in well below 7K.

3 hours ago, amptor said:

How many VF-1D should I buy?

can you secure the pre-order? :p being HMR, yeah probably....but this is the 1D....our first valk experience when first watching macross!

Or to the oldies anyway..hehe...the younger folks may have put that down the the other series...pardon my age-ism...:D

Edited by seti88

11 minutes ago, Toonz said:

when is the PO date for the 1D?

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Ought to be Sunday night/Monday morning in the US.

This upcoming Sunday night (2nd) or Monday early morning (3rd) depending on where your located.

Pre-orders will be up on the usual Macross Suppliers Websites at 4 pm Japan time.

Hopefully that you don't get cart jacked during the process! :p