Hi-Metal R

joppewo

3 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Very nice. I love the msg chain bases. 

1 hour ago, vlenhoff said:

sh9000, that's really a sick collection, wow. 

44 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Finally checked in after a couple of days of being busy, and you know, Thanksgiving, and... 

Wow, they are actually doing the 1D! While I'm really excited, I honestly wouldn't have thought we would get this one for quite some time. The PO date is now added to my calendar. 

And @sh9000, those destroids all look great on those displays.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, slide said:

Tin-foil/Aluminum-foil would be my suggestion over plastic wrap... as long as you use a primer it should take paint with no issues

I’ll check that if my plan doesn’t work.

978B82E7-E985-4001-B0BD-A9C47F7DE871.thumb.jpeg.ea4c625a07ccc7b551093713746a0aab.jpeg

Prototype arm damage.

37 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I’ll check that if my plan doesn’t work.

978B82E7-E985-4001-B0BD-A9C47F7DE871.thumb.jpeg.ea4c625a07ccc7b551093713746a0aab.jpeg

Prototype arm damage.

That does look pretty spot-on @sh9000.... the plastic certainly makes it seem like it was pulled-off rather than sheered!

So the pre-orders for the HMR 1D will be on December 3rd (Sunday night for me since I'm in the West Coast) or where ever the rest of you collectors are located at. Get your F5 key locked and loaded and hopefully that it will be a easy to pre-order this time round.

@Sanity is Optional - You are correct as I also see it too.

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Wow, that looks pretty good already. Nice job!

3 hours ago, slide said:

That does look pretty spot-on @sh9000.... the plastic certainly makes it seem like it was pulled-off rather than sheered!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Lower-left corner, I see a double-seat popping up from the neck area.

665485E6-80F3-4281-B26D-2A8ACCA9B853.jpeg.7146eb357ff034966858d03c96be7aba.jpeg

From the pic that @jvmacross posted earlier.

35 minutes ago, Sandman said:

What is it pointing out about the two gun pods at the bottom?

Looks like with and without markings.

18 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Since minmay is removable....roy can even bring minmay back to the base himself?! :o 

Good idea.  They did fight for her in the beginning.  B))

Hope they include a sitting Minmei figure.  I also noticed that the TV figures are now the same size as the DYRL figures.

Looks like the other gunpod has a different grip, too. 

Off topic, but in the page of new releases, what’s with the samurai-looking person in the bottom middle?

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Good idea.  They did fight for her in the beginning.  B))

Hope they include a sitting Minmei figure.  I also noticed that the TV figures are now the same size as the DYRL figures.

I kinda hoped that they included floating minmay and hikaru as well...you know to mimic the floating beneath the open canopy during free fall....it was those touches to the animation that made macross, MACROSS!

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

I kinda hoped that they included floating minmay and hikaru as well...you know to mimic the floating beneath the open canopy during free fall....it was those touches to the animation that made macross, MACROSS!

That would be cool.

Thanks for posting the episode.  It brought back good memories.

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Thought it was shot off.....:rolleyes:

B))

8 hours ago, Sandman said:

What is it pointing out about the two gun pods at the bottom?

No clue about the Japanese, but if I had to guess, it’s that they’ve redesigned the optional larger hand to actually hold the gun pod handle instead of molding the handle into the hand. At any rate, that looks like the standard HMR GU-11 handle on top that fits into the integrated hand, and the one below looks like the optional handle only available (so far) with the GBP VF-1J.

21 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

No clue about the Japanese, but if I had to guess, it’s that they’ve redesigned the optional larger hand to actually hold the gun pod handle instead of molding the handle into the hand. At any rate, that looks like the standard HMR GU-11 handle on top that fits into the integrated hand, and the one below looks like the optional handle only available (so far) with the GBP VF-1J.

Now that I see the pic again, you are correct.  The HMR VF-1S Roy also came with that handle and hand.  Looks like this will be the first release of a TV style hand that can hold that gun handle.

98819BF0-C277-47B2-92B7-5E4E47E941E7.jpeg.2c78b20aa79f881e5cb6218722c44da9.jpeg

A391F7DB-E4C5-4BF3-914F-E5D81038FDFA.jpeg.3f946ddb32daf6d19d0325c432312234.jpeg

5 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Now that I see the pic again, you are correct.  The HMR VF-1S Roy also came with that handle and hand.  Looks like this will be the first release of a TV style hand that can hold that gun handle.

Ah, I didn’t realize that Roy also had the larger gunpod handle. Good to know.

7 minutes ago, borgified said:

AC's collection is signed by the man himself (all in one day based on the date of 2017/08/27 minus the VF-1s head sketch). Isn't there a limit of how many items to be signed by Kawamori at a convention?

Might have been a short line where he was able to get back in line with more items. Or he just had a few signed and forged the rest of the set. Either way very cool collection.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

What a way to ruin those gorgeous box art. :nea:

To each their own @no3Ljm as everyone has their own choices. Although it should be Tenjin's signature on the boxes due to the fact that he did the artwork and Kawamori is the "brains" behind the lore that made Macross well known for us collectors.

1 hour ago, borgified said:

To each their own @no3Ljm as everyone has their own choices. Although it should be Tenjin's signature on the boxes due to the fact that he did the artwork and Kawamori is the "brains" behind the lore that made Macross well known for us collectors.

I know 'who' they are and 'what' they've created, @borgified. And I respect everyone's thing here. ;)

TBH, I would also love to have signatures from those 'guys', but going to conventions and big crowded places is not my thing so I don't get a chance of getting one. But as far as my post is concern I'm just doing what most members do here for years -- throw some quirk remarks, poke fun, answers queries, and most of all respect other members 'choices'. 'Nuff said. ^_^

If I had the opportunity to get additional items autographed by Kawamori and had to choose items that were smaller and easier to transport, I’d probably bring an HMR.  I also wouldn’t turn down Tenjin’s autograph.

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I know 'who' they are and 'what' they've created, @borgified. And I respect everyone's thing here. ;)

TBH, I would also love to have signatures from those 'guys', but going to conventions and big crowded places is not my thing so I don't get a chance of getting one. But as far as my post is concern I'm just doing what most members do here for years -- throw some quirk remarks, poke fun, answers queries, and most of all respect other members 'choices'. 'Nuff said. ^_^

Like the song done by Digable Planets: The Rebirth of Slick,  a quote from one of their lyrics - "I'm cool with that". 8)

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

If I had the opportunity to get additional items autographed by Kawamori and had to choose items that were smaller and easier to transport, I’d probably bring an HMR.  I also wouldn’t turn down Tenjin’s autograph.

I haven't been reading much about Tenjin making appearance at conventions, however, I've read that Kawamori has been a regular staple during the times that he has been there.