Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 hour ago, danth said:

Got the Silvie Gena. The thing is slightly fiddly but nice looking.

Am I doing something wrong or does the backpack not fully close in fighter mode?

Nope, the backpack just kind of sits half-closed like that.  Still baffles me they couldn't come up with something that makes more sense, but it is what it is. :huh: 

8 hours ago, treatment said:

The specs says:

HMR VF-1 == 140mm

HMR VF-2SS == 160mm

HMR VF-4 == 150mm

here's  a pic from the hacchaka-blog for robot-mode:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/51991228.html

1e498b86-s.jpg.4d616f058574e42cbafd16083e6e9341.jpg

The HMR VF-4 should be exactly in between them wrt height.

Go back some pages and you should find some comparo-pics with other toys.  Maybe even more in the pages of the scale-thread ( http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/35121-148fps-160fps-172-12k-13k1100-and-now-1144/?page=133&tab=comments#comment-1430800

Not sure about fighter-mode at the moment.  I used to have some fighter-pics comparo at imgur, but I've shut down that acct.

I have this pic if it helps Bandai-HMR-VF-2SS-16.jpg

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Nice....have you put any together to see how they scale to an actual HM/HMR?

Would like to see one of the YF-19 kits standing next to an HM -19kai

:good:

Thanks.  I haven’t built any yet but I’ll try to check how the YF-19 with the parts laid out looks next to the HM VF-19 Kai.

Edited by sh9000

I do hope they attempt to balance the colors tho, since its already known. 

Whoa its an April general release. With the vf-4 releasing in March next year, thats a double dose of HMR in 2 consecutive months...:rolleyes:

Pre-orders should be opening up perhaps next week or 1st week of december......

Edited by seti88

21 minutes ago, seti88 said:

:yahoo:

h6pzUCY.gif.6135e69626235c1c273df7fa798b6622.gif

if only..........what are the chances this might happen for HMR??

btw, i never noticed/ or maybe i forgot, that the 1D has 2 radio antennae on the back...:p

I would love for it to be removable and come with an attachment to stick on the VF-1S arm.  The earlier HMR releases were easy to remove but the current releases are more difficult.

26 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I would love for it to be removable and come with an attachment to stick on the VF-1S arm.  The earlier HMR releases were easy to remove but the current releases are more difficult.

I didnt even know the current HMR fuselages were removable.... I thk it would be awesome if there was some way, and perhaps 3D printing an attachment piece, if the fuselage does come off? 

This scale works so well for my space. I’m turning more and more into a completionist, and I never thought I would be for HMR, but yeah I’m down for one 1D (maybe two) on pre-order day—Spike too.

Very interested to see what other gimmicks are included at release too, in addition to the Minmay gimmick. The slung cockpit seems like an obvious choice, but who knows?

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

I didnt even know the current HMR fuselages were removable.... I thk it would be awesome if there was some way, and perhaps 3D printing an attachment piece, if the fuselage does come off? 

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

This scale works so well for my space. I’m turning more and more into a completionist, and I never thought I would be for HMR, but yeah I’m down for one 1D (maybe two) on pre-order day—Spike too.

Very interested to see what other gimmicks are included at release too, in addition to the Minmay gimmick. The slung cockpit seems like an obvious choice, but who knows?

One thing is for sure for option parts.  If Bandai doesn’t include the double seat attachment, then there’s at least the one from FEXT Hobby.

FDCD748C-A3B4-4086-A4A8-0442D14D6DD3.jpeg.248195c8fc25128a85584be9df0a1d25.jpeg

I want the Phalanx, Tomahawk, and more from the last row next.

YES!! I want to see how the fighter looks from the side. Will the canopy be properly elongated as it should be or just reshaped like Yamato did. <_<

Chris

edit: it does look longer from What I can see though!

Edited by Dobber