Hi-Metal R

joppewo

24 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Nexx has a completely different helmet...or was this helmet specific to when he flew the Metal Siren?  

That one was specific to the Metal Siren.  When piloting his VF-2 (whether Valkyrie II or Icarus) he had a "beak" helmet in blue like Sylvie's.

Edited by GabrielV

34 minutes ago, yman1437 said:

I got it now....this is the "game". You have  to buy Nexx to get Hibiki pilot, next vf-2 to get  Nexx pilot. So you will have to buy ALL the releases to get the right combination.....

Smart ....:nea:<_<

Or why buy ALL when you can just paint it? I mean, if you think about it's much cheaper that way. Don't you agree? :rolleyes:

20 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Five Star Stories was created after he finished L-Gaim. So it’s impossible that he was asked to simplify the earlier L-Gaim designs for toy development because he made intricate designs for FFS treatment afterwards.

Yes. Do you own a EvoToys VF-2SS? And no, Bandai didn’t adapt EvToys transforming mechanism. Bandai made it better sans the arm and legs tab locking mechanism. This is why it’s fiddly for me. But the rest it was better than the EvoToys. And Bandai came after Evo release. So in that sense, Bandai corrected what EvoToys cannot do.

Planning to (well, not as excited based on the feedbacks here). Their price difference at Amiami is Criminal! The Evo version cost like the same with the HMR version.

54 minutes ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

Hey Saburo, have you noticed any tweaks/improvements over Sylvie's?

@Lonely Soldier Boy I haven't had much time to go over the Nexx ver, I took it out of the box and posed it for the shot and that's about it.  From my initial impressions, not much has changed.  The joints are a tad bit tighter compared to the Sylvie version (I didn't transform Sylvie Ver or pose it much either, so the joints haven't been broken so it pretty much new out of the box as well.), once I get around to taking the studio shots I'll see if there are any modifications done.

Hope you don't mind me chiming in on this one @Lonely Soldier Boy but after transforming my Nexx from Battroid to Fighter mode with the SAP on everything seems nice & tight, just slightly tighter than Silvie's 2SS as @Saburo pointed out, the only real difference I see with mine is that the Canopy is much clearer/lighter on Nexx vs. Silvie (Her's is a darker tint), otherwise pretty much the same toy. 

And yes the cockpit still doesn't lock in solid nor does the heat-shield lie flush. 

Bring on Faerie Squadron!! 

Edited by 505thAirborne

3 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

So any chance we will get the VF-2JA?

If Bandai wants to make up for leaving out Nexx, they could always release a VF-2JA and include Nexx, since he also piloted that VF. I know, wishful thinking.

Or, if Bandai wants to save some tooling costs, they could release the VF-XS Super Valkyrie II and include Nexx, since it has no designated pilot.

animage11vol161-page18.jpg

I know, that's really wishful thinking. <_<

50 minutes ago, TheLoneWolf said:

If Bandai wants to make up for leaving out Nexx, they could always release a VF-2JA and include Nexx, since he also piloted that VF. I know, wishful thinking.

Or, if Bandai wants to save some tooling costs, they could release the VF-XS Super Valkyrie II and include Nexx, since it has no designated pilot.

animage11vol161-page18.jpg

I know, that's really wishful thinking. <_<

Business-wise, I see this more likely than a Metal Siren tho'.

4 hours ago, Saburo said:

Haha! After seeing your post @nightmareB4macross I am seeing my photo in a different light.

"Night at the Roxbury" Macross edition. :lol:

Haha. Careful that one of them doesn’t swing his head to hard and shatters you glass display.

On 11/4/2018 at 11:27 PM, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Back in stock at AmiAmi for preorder.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-043796

It was 10990 yen for amiami earlier discount preorder, 

then they increase to 12960 yen and say market price

I am surprise that 1999.co.jp is cheaper then record holder amiami with 10800 yen

Then i realise nippon-yasan is only 9280 yen 

what a huge difference LOL

Edited by alvaro

1 hour ago, alvaro said:

It was 10990 yen for amiami earlier discount preorder, 

then they increase to 12960 yen and say market price

Bandai’s suggested retail price is 12960JPY, which includes tax.

I think amiami shows the suggested retail price with no discount only when there are no pre-order slots left. Or, if an item is released, when there is no stock left. HLJ is similar when applying their standard 5% discount to orders.

That isn’t to say that on-line shops won’t take advantage of an item’s popularity, though. I’ve seen that too.

35 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Wait. What?! They added extra leg armor for it? Meaning it comes with the original leg armor without the Gun holder? :blink:

yep, I actually went ahead and double check Scorched earth video review of Sylvie(still need to get mine) and yes is the same exact blister , but with NEXX it comes with that extra small blister for the gun holder and the actual gun.

Edited by Alex GS

1 hour ago, Alex GS said:

yep, I actually went ahead and double check Scorched earth video review of Sylvie(still need to get mine) and yes is the same exact blister , but with NEXX it comes with that extra small blister for the gun holder and the actual gun.

Thanks! But I think I will just let this one slide. It's the only thing I really want from the Nexx release so I can put it in my Silvie unit. But I don't want to pay a full figure as of now. ^_^

On 11/12/2018 at 8:00 PM, no3Ljm said:

Five Star Stories was created after he finished L-Gaim. So it’s impossible that he was asked to simplify the earlier L-Gaim designs for toy development because he made intricate designs for FFS treatment afterwards.

I had no idea, thanks for the info.  It's strange that Bandai would select LGaim for its HMR line over FSS.  

That VF-4 is starting to grow on me.  What's next, VF25  and VF31 in HMR? or finish the destroids?