Hi-Metal R

joppewo

16 minutes ago, Atheonyirh said:

HLJ released it exactly on time though. Release date for the VF-2SS Nexx was November 10th. Their stock roll-over happens right at around midnight their time, then around 5-6 in the morning their time the payment requests/charges go out. That's just how they do things, in my experience that's how they've done things for a while. They broke it for the October 27th Bandai stuff for some reason, with it all going live a day earlier than it was supposed to, but in general they keep to release date.

Fair enough. Does that mean other companies are breaking street date then?  It seems like they’re all shipping before either HLJ or CDJ now.  Perhaps it is a perception problem on my end?

26 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

That episode is still not as good as the one where Hikaru goes ape-sheit on a squadron of Zentradi Regults on a Zentran motorbike while in Battroid mode.....one word....EPIC...

gallery_12176_640_159755.jpg

I remember seeing this back in the 80’s in a hobby magazine in Japan. At HMR scale we can replicate this using 1/12 scale bikes. Like the upcoming Figuarts Rin Suzunoki & GSK 400S Katana set. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

38 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Fair enough. Does that mean other companies are breaking street date then?  It seems like they’re all shipping before either HLJ or CDJ now.  Perhaps it is a perception problem on my end?

They're shipping a day or so early, which realistically doesn't matter much in the end because no one is getting 0 day shipping. Their actual shipping time isn't that bad either, usually stuff goes out same day as long as I throw out the shipping request not long after it's paid for. Since that 5-6 AM for them is 3-4 PM for me, that's not hard to pull off. Even with saturday releases and shipping requests stuff is usually out the door by noon for them and out of the country by midnight that night or 6 AM the following day.

10 minutes ago, 00Geass said:

How is the HMR VF-2SS? I really like the fighter but don't care about the SAP. Don't know if it's worth buying or not, seems really fiddly.

I have to agree it's fiddly but not so much like the 1/60 counterpart. It's the best VF-2SS out there so far.

11 minutes ago, 00Geass said:

How is the HMR VF-2SS? I really like the fighter but don't care about the SAP. Don't know if it's worth buying or not, seems really fiddly.

I own both the Evolution Toys 2SS & the HMR versions. The Evo is pretty damn good in Battroid but rather useless in Fighter mode. This is where the HMR is amazing, once you get it in Fighter mode it is solid even with the SAP on. Gerwalk looks great, solid and in Battroid the HMR 2SS is super poseable...  the whole fuselage/cockpit section doesn't lock in very well in Battroid mode however, probably the biggest fault of the toy but keep it on an Action Base stand or Flight Pose stand and you're good to go! 

I would disagree to a certain extend that it stays super well together in Fighter-Mode. The arms attach on a flip out peg that is not the most stable connection since the side of the forearm has a convex shape so does the leg it pegs into which means the area where they connect is very small. Since they are flip out pegs that don't lock into place the connection is not as secure as a standard peg.

Also there is no back place between the wings and the arms which means unlike the VF-1 the arms cannot peg into anything other than the peg on the leg.

The cover for the head turret is also rather flimsy and is not level to the Valkyrie and doesn't really peg into the head turret which makes it not much fun to handle. Luckily with SAP pack equipped you flip the cover 180° onto the top of the fighter so no need to worry about that.

Additionally (which is mostly a pet peeve of mine)  the intakes are no molded more like in the line-art and don't cover the shoulder blocks completely so you get an unusual gap from the front. To me the intakes just look weird since they don't cover the shoulders but this also means that there is nothing to cover up the main hip joint which is the only place that keeps the legs secured so handling is not as solid as a HMR VF-1 (or any of the 1/60 Valkyries)

That being said the HMR VF-2SS is the best version of this Valkyrie out there and I'm not sure that someone else will ever to a 1/60 scale that comes close to the shape in the line-art.

On 11/5/2018 at 11:18 PM, no3Ljm said:

True. Without that, it's not the MkII. It's Bat-shu. ^_^

7bf3435b-s.jpg.102d31681f85c8e94c104698c2f2a4a4.jpg.904defe6997250ac25849696d02e595b.jpg

item_0000011559_jIJnhJk5_01.jpg.62db5a814c4d5561e77d67a94080acbb.jpg

I think its Bat-shu too.  I read that the designer Mamoru Nagano was asked to simplify his designs because the manufacturer couldn't make his intricate designs, so he toned them down for toys.  Here's the original design from Five Star Stories, much more intricate, and looks like a black knight.  The same designer mamoru nagano also designed mechs in Gundam Z, which influenced later designs of other mech lines.  His designs are noted for feminine and organic look, and high heels, compared with his contemporaries' designs of blocky robots.   If Bandai would add these bots to the HMR line, I'd buy them all.  With Bandai's current tech, they can and should issue this line in HMR.

machine mess auge fss.jpg

batsh the black knight.jpg

batsh.jpg

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I have to agree it's fiddly but not so much like the 1/60 counterpart. It's the best VF-2SS out there so far.

Fiddly? So the Evolution version sucks? Did they adapt the same transform mechanism? I was hoping the much bigger scale would have some advantages over the Bandai version (Mine's (HMR Nexx) in the pipeline btw)

31 minutes ago, Karaoke Ninja said:

I can't believe a company like Bandai could make such a dumb mistake like this. It's not like Nexx and Hibiki have the same pilot suit and they just mixed up the colors, they actually molded Hibiki's pilot suit instead of Nexx's. This is a mistake I would expect a small company like Evolution Toys to make, not Bandai.

This is exactly the kind of mistake I expect Bandai to make. 8)

1 hour ago, beatsing said:

I think its Bat-shu too.  I read that the designer Mamoru Nagano was asked to simplify his designs because the manufacturer couldn't make his intricate designs, so he toned them down for toys.  Here's the original design from Five Star Stories, much more intricate, and looks like a black knight.  The same designer mamoru nagano also designed mechs in Gundam Z, which influenced later designs of other mech lines.  His designs are noted for feminine and organic look, and high heels, compared with his contemporaries' designs of blocky robots.   If Bandai would add these bots to the HMR line, I'd buy them all.  With Bandai's current tech, they can and should issue this line in HMR.

Five Star Stories was created after he finished L-Gaim. So it’s impossible that he was asked to simplify the earlier L-Gaim designs for toy development because he made intricate designs for FFS treatment afterwards.

54 minutes ago, fenrir72 said:

Fiddly? So the Evolution version sucks? Did they adapt the same transform mechanism? I was hoping the much bigger scale would have some advantages over the Bandai version (Mine's (HMR Nexx) in the pipeline btw)

Yes. Do you own a EvoToys VF-2SS? And no, Bandai didn’t adapt EvToys transforming mechanism. Bandai made it better sans the arm and legs tab locking mechanism. This is why it’s fiddly for me. But the rest it was better than the EvoToys. And Bandai came after Evo release. So in that sense, Bandai corrected what EvoToys cannot do.

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Nope, only his SNN Valk and hitched a ride with Silvie in Ep. 4 Marduk Disorder. B))

To make things even more embarrassing for Bandai, Hibiki's flightsuit is specifically designed for civilians. It's possible that Hibiki wouldn't be able to properly pilot a VF-2SS in his civilian flightsuit, as the cockpit's chair is designed to mount onto the shoulderpads of military flightsuits.

36 minutes ago, TheLoneWolf said:

To make things even more embarrassing for Bandai, Hibiki's flightsuit is specifically designed for civilians. It's possible that Hibiki wouldn't be able to properly pilot a VF-2SS in his civilian flightsuit, as the cockpit's chair is designed to mount onto the shoulderpads of military flightsuits.

Ha, while interesting, I don't think that would make the error more embarrassing. It is very curious how this happened though. I imagine a conversation like "hey, make a pilot figure for the guy from MacrossII." Then a preproduction sample comes in and everyone smacks their foreheads and is told it would cost too much to fix the glitch so they just shrug.