Hi-Metal R

joppewo

6 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

So Nexx's comes with Nexx and Hibiki figures? If they ever made the SNN valkyrie I'd flip. My Nexx is combined order with the ET Legioss Jota...will be a while before I see it.

I wish they'd do static ships in another line. Ghosts, fan racer, lancer 2, gnerl, other non-transforming fighters.

No, the top image is from the Evolution Toys figure. The Hi-Metal only comes with the one pilot figure.

16 hours ago, easnoddy said:

One pilot figure...that's Hibiki???

Of course it is.  Don't you remember that part in Macross II where Hibiki hopped in his blue VF-2SS SAP and fought in a battle scene worthy of Max Jenius himself?  It's in episode 7 of the OAV.

I got my payment request from AmiAmi this morning.

I'd kinda like to get another Evolution Toy VF-2, but funds are tied up.

11 hours ago, treatment said:

Maybe Bandai's just saving the actual Nexx pilot-figure for their probable HMR Gundam Metal Siren...

:unknw:

While I'd buy it to support the line, I for one hope that fugly anti-valkyrie never gets made.

Maybe its just the anime though.  I don't hate this model...

https://www.e2046.com/product/17491

Edited by easnoddy
clarification

23 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Forgot about the payment due for the VF-2SS Nexx...had 2 PO's at NY....asked if I could still pay for them, they told me to "open a ticket"...;)

I had a third at AmiAmi, so I guess maybe 1 will have to do.....I went ahead and opened the ticket to see what they say....I'm guessing they may not want to pass up the opportunity to jack up the price on both of them considering all of the VF-31A's they have had to sell in the past year at below current market prices.....Never Surrender Macross World!!! :lol:

I will buy them from NY if "mine" get listed on their site at the original PO price...otherwise, they can keep them! :rolleyes:

just curious, are you have another pre-order form NY? did they cancel all your unpaid pre-order if you miss one?

3 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

N-Y just shipped mine. Now the waiting begins

Just waiting?

So no praying that your parcel is not stolen, dumped or sent back for no reason by post office workers during the 6 months to 2 years it sits at a processing hub after clearing customs?

Which will be my experience..again.

Edited by Podtastic

7 minutes ago, Rein+ said:

just curious, are you have another pre-order form NY? did they cancel all your unpaid pre-order if you miss one?

Yes.  Nothing has been cancelled.  I have also cancelled some orders in the past.  I guess it all depends on the amount of purchases vs cancellations.

At this point, I mainly just use them for web exclusives I cannot source elsewhere.  They have not been my go-to retailer for some time.  I usually go with HLJ or AE due to their extended "storage" policies and customer service.

13 hours ago, sh9000 said:

AB355788-AC4E-4F56-8737-586B308C06B6.jpeg.3aa4b0c77b5539c1f359f491f43b30bb.jpeg

Box art.

I'm loving that Magnum 357 looking gun. :wub: Sad to say, it's the only thing I want from this figure for me to buy it and pay it full price. :unsure:

3 hours ago, GabrielV said:

Of course it is.  Don't you remember that part in Macross II where Hibiki hopped in his blue VF-2SS SAP and fought in a battle scene worthy of Max Jenius himself?  It's in episode 7 of the OAV.

Then why Bandai marketed it as 'Nexx Gilbert' unit only then? Even the promo pic is shown with a different painted pilot figure. They should've added '/Hibiki' on the unit's name and put an extra Nexx figure.

item_0000012632_4f4VCC6H_03.jpg.ae904a998bc019ec3f2991d4c7c6efc4.jpg

29 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Then why Bandai marketed it as 'Nexx Gilbert' unit only then? Even the promo pic is shown with a different painted pilot figure. They should've added '/Hibiki' on the unit's name and put an extra Nexx figure.

item_0000012632_4f4VCC6H_03.jpg.ae904a998bc019ec3f2991d4c7c6efc4.jpg

Bandai just luvs photochopping their stuff...

14 minutes ago, treatment said:

Bandai just luvs photochopping their stuff...

Hahaha! :lol:

Well, officially that 'photochopping' term is more for the DX VF/YF-19. And to be honest, seeing the above picture reminds me of the YF-29 30th Version with a different canopy color. And I have to say, I DO like the color they used in their marketing photos. :aggressive:

2 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Just waiting?

So no praying that your parcel is not stolen, dumped or sent back for no reason by post office workers during the 6 months to 2 years it sits at a processing hub after clearing customs?

Which will be my experience..again.

I've never had any issues with NY. The Chilean post, on the other hand... 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

It's still Nexx's fighter.  Hibiki is just borrowing it.  Nexx is with it in spirit.  :D

List of HMR Nexx's  VF-2ss available (limit one).

Amiami:  https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-040407

CDJ: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-291086?s_ssid=e441435be5ecbfc1c5

HLJ: https://hlj.com/hi-metal-r-vf-2ss-valkyrie-ii-sap-nexx-gilbert-bans55119

NY (if your willing to pay at a markup price): https://www.nippon-yasan.com/25471-hi-metal-r-vf-2ss-valkyrie-ii-sap-nexx-gilbert-custom.html

AE has sold out and I don't know about Amazon Japan (that's why I didn't want to post it) or at any other places.  

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

HLJ and CDJapan sure seem to be taking their sweet time shipping stuff now.

HLJ released it exactly on time though. Release date for the VF-2SS Nexx was November 10th. Their stock roll-over happens right at around midnight their time, then around 5-6 in the morning their time the payment requests/charges go out. That's just how they do things, in my experience that's how they've done things for a while. They broke it for the October 27th Bandai stuff for some reason, with it all going live a day earlier than it was supposed to, but in general they keep to release date.

5 hours ago, GabrielV said:

That episode is still not as good as the one where Hikaru goes ape-sheit on a squadron of Zentradi Regults on a Zentran motorbike while in Battroid mode.....one word....EPIC...

gallery_12176_640_159755.jpg