Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Just now, Dangard Ace said:

With a pole that large I'm thinking Five Star Stories.

All I know about FSS is that their Mechs are enormous... 

and other than the Deus-Vault-Samurai look that this thing has goin' on [Which I'm totally digging]:

Image result for L.E.D. Mirage

...I'd need to know more about the series to be excited

MOAR VF's!!!!!

1 hour ago, Dangard Ace said:

With a pole that large I'm thinking Five Star Stories.

Either that of something from Heavy Metal L-Gaim like the Bat-shu. Looks like a Buster launcher.  Same guy designed for both series correct? Whatever it is, it's pretty big for Hi Metal R series.

Edit: Any display plates for the VF-4s? 

Edited by wmkjr

6 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I'm going to hope Fext Hobby makes something funky like those Master File 25-like super parts so my additional VF-4's are still of use.

I'm not kicking myself for only securing 2 FB2012 schemes now...

Come on Fext... Take. Our. MONEY!!!

7 minutes ago, F360 said:

Looks like L-GAIM mk2 

C5C6042D-DCCB-4640-B268-A3CCF8CE55F0.jpeg.4003ffa5ba7d696585164fcd60f6ed10.jpeg

Minus the Backpack maybe...

The Rifle is certainly the right profile.

13 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

I guess they have to do their best to milk their design for all it's worth.  These variants are an easy pass for me.  I'm more about screen used and iconic mecha.  

I wish they'd stop releasing obscure Valkyrie variants and give us some iconic Zentradi mecha.

Like the TV Queadluun-Rau maybe?

4 hours ago, Mommar said:

I'm going to hope Fext Hobby makes something funky like those Master File 25-like super parts so my additional VF-4's are still of use.

Considering Fext already ripped off the strike cannon and used it for the OWL armor, i would say vf-4 parts are a mere step away.

I just hope bandai produces more vf-4 variants for Fext to also jump on board.

16 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Before getting a Max, Milia, or Fokker VF-4....I'd rather buy...

o0800093313783714056.jpg?caw=1125

o0800060013783714044.jpg?caw=1125

29wsww3.jpg

HI-METAL+R+Destroid+Tomahawk+image+00.jp

5639cc482ff84.jpg

I like the Masterfiles two-toned "red and blue" VF-4's....

gallery_12176_640_109887.jpg

I’d buy all of these plus all of the VF-4 variants before the mystery figure, which is probably not Macross related.

I think it’s unlikely we’ll see any VF-4 variants released any time soon. I expect (or hope) that Bandai catches up on other previous “display only” pieces first. Given that we may only see 4-5 HMR Macross releases each year, there’s enough already teased to keep the pipeline full for the next 3 years!

8 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I think it’s unlikely we’ll see any VF-4 variants released any time soon. I expect (or hope) that Bandai catches up on other previous “display only” pieces first. Given that we may only see 4-5 HMR Macross releases each year, there’s enough already teased to keep the pipeline full for the next 3 years!

The impression I get is that it has just become a Valkyrie fest.  Not one enemy mecha in the whole of 2018.

11 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

The impression I get is that it has just become a Valkyrie fest.  Not one enemy mecha in the whole of 2018.

I can see what you mean. This has been a slow year in general for Macross HMR, though, and even in the busier years, we only got like 1 or 2 enemy mecha each year. 

5 hours ago, Podtastic said:

I'm not sure I can really blame them when all the Destroids shelf-warmed, as did the Glaug.

Pretty much the only non-valkyrie that sold well was the Regult.

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm not sure I can really blame them when all the Destroids shelf-warmed, as did the Glaug.

This is my current fear with the line.  As much as we enjoy the non-valks, they just haven't done well, so we are clearly in the minority (when compared to the greater macross/toy-buying market).  So Bandai has basically zero incentive to give us the non-valk mechs we want.

I personally wouldn't mind subsidizing a lower run of the destroids and enemy mechas by paying a bit more for them, and I'm sure several others here feel the same, but there isn't really a way to communicate that to Bandai.  And I don't know if us paying an extra 10-15% more would be enough.

7 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Bad guys usually sell poorly. Same with TFs, well the original TFs that is. That or the Western Market just appreciate bad guys more.