Hi-Metal R

joppewo

41 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

Won't really matter.  We will never see Macross in Target/Wallyworld.  There would have been a good chance for TRU in the collectors section...if it still existed.  $15-20 over Japan retail would be generally worth it to buy here in the states.

after 2021 we might [HG loses ALL rights sometime that year], but not before then

11 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

I think he secretly preordered one for you.

As much as I would love for that to be true, I very much doubt it. He's a "normal". He does not know anything about Macross, yet alone anime.

He is more interested in sports and cars, like Tesla or Porsche.  Personally, I prefer riding in my 2006 Honda CR-V. I think his cars are too flashy and I'd be too paranoid about getting a scratch on them.

27 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

So did MyKombini ever have the VF-4 for preorder? I didn’t notice it mentioned in the madness, and I don’t see it on their site.

I'm betting on them for this, since I missed on all the other sites. I bought from them before and I know from experience that they usually list their preorders a couple of days later for some reason. BTW, NY send me a payment notice for my Nexx (another reason to wait for Mykombini), apparently Bandai moved the release date to the 10th. 

1 hour ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

I'm betting on them for this, since I missed on all the other sites. I bought from them before and I know from experience that they usually list their preorders a couple of days later for some reason. BTW, NY send me a payment notice for my Nexx (another reason to wait for Mykombini), apparently Bandai moved the release date to the 10th. 

I ordered my VT-1 from them a couple days before PO even opened, took a chance but it arrived without any hassle, my only complaint was the lightly squished packaging. 

They now have a link for the VF-4. 

http://www.bandaionline.com/hi-metal-r-vf-4-lightning-iii-action-figure/

I would suggest that you do your research and due diligence before deciding to order with them. Good luck!

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

I ordered my VT-1 from them a couple days before PO even opened, took a chance but it arrived without any hassle, my only complaint was the lightly squished packaging. 

They now have a link for the VF-4. 

http://www.bandaionline.com/hi-metal-r-vf-4-lightning-iii-action-figure/

I would suggest that you do your research and due diligence before deciding to order with them. Good luck!

Cool, thanks!

29 minutes ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

Bummer. Bandai Online is not the cheapest, but their shipping is definitely the steepest. There's no way I'm paying 56 U$D SAL (which is their only listed method, by the way).

That’s a bummer. But where in the US do you live? I am on the East Coast and can see two options. Last time I went with the cheaper one. Too bad that shipping killed this option for you. Sorry. 

ED305708-0CF7-41EA-B124-C68F8DAEC19D.jpeg

52 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

That’s a bummer. But where in the US do you live? I am on the East Coast and can see two options. Last time I went with the cheaper one. Too bad that shipping killed this option for you. Sorry. 

ED305708-0CF7-41EA-B124-C68F8DAEC19D.jpeg

No worries! Some slot will open I'm sure. I'm in Mexico, but S&H is usually way cheaper for HM-R's.

Edit: I finally managed to "unlock" the registered mail option, but Bandai Online is pay upfront only and my monthly HM-R budget is already taken by Nexx's VF-2ss.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

12 minutes ago, Karaoke Ninja said:

Anything I should know before putting in a pre-order with Nippon-Yassan? Never bought anything from them before.

Fast shipping and I always got my order. BUT if you have an issue with anything you ordered from them do not expect a resolution from NY.

1 hour ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

No worries! Some slot will open I'm sure. I'm in Mexico, but S&H is usually way cheaper for HM-R's.

The estimate weight on this hi metal r seems heavier than the norm .  More weight /higher shipping cost .

if you order 2 at cdjapan , you will need to use ems too.   No sal small packet option for 2.

3 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

Prices are lower but shipping is higher. They're known for terrible customer service.

Yeah, they can be brutal on shipping charges and they give minimal incentive to combine shipping. Usually their price plus shipping is still pretty competitive 

4 hours ago, Karaoke Ninja said:

Anything I should know before putting in a pre-order with Nippon-Yassan? Never bought anything from them before.

Usually one of the lowest priced on initial preorder, pay later option available for certain items if not it's pay upfront (I think its Tamashii web exclusives). PO windows used to open/close with  price increase intervals. Not known for their customer services/support after purchase. Can under declare  item values.         Spinning wheel of death...

NY usually has the cheapest price, cheapest shipping option, and cheapest overall price.  They have a pay later option for most items, you can pay for items ahead of time before they are released, you can combine most preorders, they offer Tamashii web exclusives, and they individually bubble wrap items.

34 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

NY usually has the cheapest price, cheapest shipping option, and cheapest overall price.  They have a pay later option for most items, you can pay for items ahead of time before they are released, you can combine most preorders, they offer Tamashii web exclusives, and they individually bubble wrap items.

Sure, and they also send used and broken boxes, also failed products. And when you contact customer service the magic solution will be to give you a 1% discount on the next purchase. I personally try to avoid NY, I already had too many problems with them.

Edited by EmilianoAlfaro

4 minutes ago, EmilianoAlfaro said:

Sure, and they also send used and broken boxes, also failed products. And when you contact customer service the magic solution will be to give you a 1% discount on the next purchase. I personally try to avoid NY, I already had too many problems with them.

That bad huh amigo?!

16 minutes ago, EmilianoAlfaro said:

YMMV but from the 7 years I’ve shopped at NY I’ve never received anything damaged or have anything shipped in a used or damaged box.

3 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

YMMV but from the 7 years I’ve shopped at NY I’ve never received anything damaged or have anything shipped in a used or damaged box.

I have only ordered a few things from them but I have never received anything in a used or damaged box either. In fact the packaging was done extremely well with bubble wraps etc.

however I do agree that their customer services leave a lot to be desired and the 31A fiasco sure didn’t help their reputation in this regard. 

28 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

My last purchase in NY, I paid double what I would have left in Mandarake, only that from Mandarake I never received a box in this state.

The answer of NY? Ohhh we are very sorry.

My Hi-Metal R Glaug came in the same conditions as this one.

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg

thumbnail (4).jpg

thumbnail (5).jpg

Edited by EmilianoAlfaro

My experience with Nippon-Yasan has always been positive. Good packaging, new shiny boxes, and more importantly, the correct items. 5 orders so far, and no problems. I am sorry to hear some of you had problems with them. 

Now i am trying amiami, for the 1J chokogin 1/48, since HLJ and NY froze on me during the 7-10 min long pre-order.

31 minutes ago, EmilianoAlfaro said:

My last purchase in NY, I paid double what I would have left in Mandarake, only that from Mandarake I never received a box in this state.

The answer of NY? Ohhh we are very sorry.

My Hi-Metal R Glaug came in the same conditions as this one.

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg

thumbnail (4).jpg

thumbnail (5).jpg

I find it hard to believe NY would send anything that looked close to that unless it was stated as used. Anyways, I have no stake in what shop other people use and it helps me secure my NY preorder when less people use them. 

All of these products are technically illegal for us to purchase anyways so I consider it like black market and we are lucky so many shops are willing to sell to us to begin with. No expectation for customer service with these kinds of items but whatever we get is a bonus and luckily, I haven’t needed any other than to contact shops to adjust orders. 

Don't buy items from NY unless on pre-order, or shortly after release.

They do have "used" items masquerading as "new" if it's an old item they've re-acquired stock for.

Of course, with their mark-ups for items after release, that should have been obvious from the start.

Also, pay for everything in Yen, the exchange rates they offer are terrible, much better to pay 3% or so on a card conversion fee.

Edited by Sanity is Optional