Hi-Metal R

joppewo

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

PO Madness Night has transcended beyond a "necessity" and has transformed into more of a tradition....so like most traditions....you do not need to participate....you have to participate!! 

Happy PO Madness Night!!!

:drinks:

:drinks:

14 minutes ago, jenius said:

Yeah, hlj has been awful. Even just during normal shopping the prices sometimes don't load and the site thinks it has no stock. Might be real tough to get a preorder in.

I haven't ordered from HLJ since their site was updated, so this is really good to know.

2 hours ago, RDX17 said:

I haven't ordered from HLJ since their site was updated, so this is really good to know.

I was looking briefly on HLJ half hour ago and the site upgrades looks better that the previous version. As for the loading capability of the HMR VF-4 pre-orders (and with Amiami's new look), guess that's to be determined tonight.

All the regular spots are serviceable:

Amazon.jp

AmiAmi

AnimeExport

CDJ

HLJ

HobbySearch

Nippon Yasan

Some folks had issues with AmiAmi and HLJ new site design; and some folks don’t like NY after VF-31A fiasco. Pick your poison.

F2DFA4C0-485A-4120-A6D1-4353F00BA21B.jpeg.8a9c47ef9dd105cb6ff25160064064a5.jpeg

Unless some people here are gonna hoard at least 10 copies per order to scalp later on, I just don't quite understand the PO-panic mode stuff on this VF-4.

The last few recent Macross HMRs were pretty much available everywhere for at least a month and rather shelfwarming at release-time, and even discounted lower than the PO-pricing. 

I'm still a bit irked  that I actually paid more on the PO-pricing (amzn, ami, cdj) than the release-time shelfwarm-discounts on the Hikaru-1A, VE-1 and the VT-1 on the same shops.

Oh, well.  Not sure y'all need luck for this tonite, but good luck tonite,  nevertheless.

1 minute ago, 505thAirborne said:

Just double checking, if you're CST like me it's 2am for the PO correct? 

Yep. Daylight saving time was moved to after Halloween due to lobbying from candy makers. 

I'm not worried about getting a VF-4 preorder. I'm concerned about getting 3x preorders from three different shops. Here's hoping it's not limit one everywhere. 

3 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Thanks Lolicon, if I can grab two of these I'll be happy. Good luck getting x3 of these VF's! I don't think the VF-4 will sell out instantly yet I do feel it will go rather fast. 

Keep your alarm clock set. :p

Lol I meant I don't want 3x preorders from 3 shops; I want to get all 3 from one shop so I don't have to pay 3 shipping fees. :lol:

44 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

IF I happen to wake up in the middle of the night to pee---maybe...if not, I'm just gonna check in the morning. Been sick and work has been crazy, I need sleep more than that PO at 2AM. 

Same here. It's been a busy week and I just want to sleep tonight 

15 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

After the nonsense with the 31A, I've stopped placing orders at single shops.. I'm hoping I can navigate my usual sites to grab two of them.

I'm sure you heard the story "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" when you were in elementary school. I'm also sure your teacher told you the moral of the story was "you should never tell lies because no one will believe you when you tell the truth" or something like that. 

That's the wrong lesson. The valuable lesson from that tale is "you should never tell the same lie twice." 

So the lesson from your experience isn't that you should never order from one shop. It's that you shouldn't trust NY twice with any valuable preorders. :p

Also, HMR releases don't suffer from the same PO madness as DX releases. 

Edited by Lolicon

The 31A was more of an exception than the rule for N-Y.

Likely due to the over popularity of the toy and perhaps N-Y left PO open too long...I thk the latest p-bandai drakens from N-Y wont face the same issue..

Regular releases from N-Y are safe so far...

Edited by seti88

1 hour ago, treatment said:

Unless some people here are gonna hoard at least 10 copies per order to scalp later on, I just don't quite understand the PO-panic mode stuff on this VF-4.

The last few recent Macross HMRs were pretty much available everywhere for at least a month and rather shelfwarming at release-time, and even discounted lower than the PO-pricing. 

The VF-2SS releases both sold out rather quickly and have stayed sold out. It's the VF-1 2-seaters and VF-1A Hikaru that never really sold out. Given the relatively small amount of VF-4 merch it's more probable for it to turn into a feeding frenzy compared to the recent VF-1 releases.

22 minutes ago, Atheonyirh said:

The VF-2SS releases both sold out rather quickly and have stayed sold out. It's the VF-1 2-seaters and VF-1A Hikaru that never really sold out. Given the relatively small amount of VF-4 merch it's more probable for it to turn into a feeding frenzy compared to the recent VF-1 releases.

huh?

I just went and found this:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-listing/B07F3FHHY4/

nexx-vf2ss-amj-103118.jpg.bd1cae03069f031d1f8838fbeccbc601.jpg

Which shop(s) are you importing from?

You might not find the Sylvie-VF2SS anymore coz it's long been out for a while already.

add/edit:

Did a quick lookaround and HMR-Nexx is still availble for PO at both ami and cdj, too.

Edited by treatment
updated with cdj and ami HMR-Nexx availability

I'm likely gonna wake up 10 minutes ahead of this, get my pages ready on my tablet, do the thing, and confirm without even getting out of bed, lol. Almost how I ordered the VF-31F when it first released, heheh.

12 minutes ago, Master Dex said:

I'm likely gonna wake up 10 minutes ahead of this, get my pages ready on my tablet, do the thing, and confirm without even getting out of bed, lol. Almost how I ordered the VF-31F when it first released, heheh.

Pretty much what I’ve been doing for every Macross preorder but on my phone.