Hi-Metal R

joppewo

6 hours ago, Big s said:

They did tease hint gorg already, but that looks more l- gaim to me.

Gorg? Really? I thought the Gorg they did prior is a Super Mini-Pla? Can you point me to some links please. Thanks! 

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

PO for VF-4....

November 1st 4pm JST

Release date March 19, 2019

large_vf4.JPG.020f359eb1892f2937f275c12c

Thanks JVM! Good thing it's 4pm and not 6 or 8pm. ;) 

3 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I wonder what the PO demand will be like. Not looking forward to spinning wheel of death hehe

That's going to expected -- all the time there's PO madness. :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

The VF-4 comes with a gun pod?  I wonder where it gets stowed in fighter mode.

Under the belly section. It was shown in one of those magazine scans. I think it's the same place where Spanner put the Gunpod on one of his Arcadia VF-4G.

v2lVe17.jpg

It's still a puzzle for me where did Bandai get the idea of the color of the rest of the joints? Chocolate feet is one thing since that was shown in the anime. But if you're going to color the rest of the joints with it even though it didn't show in the anime that it transforms. Uhm, Kawamori-sensei, what's your take on this?

And another thing. Since they colored the rest of the joints with Chocolate. Assuming with some approval with Kawamori. Why not paint the intakes with Chocolate too as shown in the anime? :unknw:

AF09D2A1-55BE-4842-AFAF-7F13D291958C.jpeg

Yeah, yeah. I know. I know. I complain but yet I'm still going to get two or three of it. :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

It's still a puzzle for me where did Bandai get the idea of the color of the rest of the joints? Chocolate feet is one thing since that was shown in the anime. But if you're going to color the rest of the joints with it even though it didn't show in the anime that it transforms. Uhm, Kawamori-sensei, what's your take on this?

And another thing. Since they colored the rest of the joints with Chocolate. Assuming with some approval with Kawamori. Why not paint the intakes with Chocolate too as shown in the anime? :unknw:

AF09D2A1-55BE-4842-AFAF-7F13D291958C.jpeg

Yeah, yeah. I know. I know. I complain but yet I'm still going to get two or three of it. :rolleyes:

If I had to guess, it is entirely related to reducing production costs. They decided on the chocolate color for the feet, because of the animation color, so that is what every part of that type of plastic is going to be.  It's not necessarily design-accurate, but it is cheaper for Bandai to do it like that on a larger scale.

I'm pretty disappointed that Arcadia did not do the VF-4 in Flashback colors before Bandai. I had wanted to get it in 1/60 scale. 

That's three missed opportunies already Mr. K! But please do still consider re-releasing the Elintseeker and Super Ostrich in 1/60.

In the meantime, those collecting Bandai's HMR can enjoy this latest release. :)

5 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

If I had to guess, it is entirely related to reducing production costs. They decided on the chocolate color for the feet, because of the animation color, so that is what every part of that type of plastic is going to be.  It's not necessarily design-accurate, but it is cheaper for Bandai to do it like that on a larger scale.

I actually thought of that too. But since they already charging it for Y12960, they should give us the 'right' color.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Why do you think chocolate isn't the right color?

Aesthetic, I suppose. But for joints? Even though this thing is not real. It doesn't seem right for the joints to be colored chocolate brown. If it's a little bit darker and desaturated, maybe. Right now, it has that impression that all the joints are 'rusty'.

The hands and feet, I will understand. I will let the 'speaker' looking thing on the shoulder slide. But the neck joint, the exposed joint after the chest folded down, knee and elbow joint, the folding hinge at the back of the canopy, not to mention the slide cover gimik at the back of the legs, those should be atleast dark grey or the traditional bluish dark grey color Bandai use for joints. The leg back slide cover gimik should be the same color as the body. If they want to keep it in Chocolate color, they should use a different shade. 

Edited by no3Ljm

24 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Typically the feet and other joint colors all match.  So chocolate feet means chcolate everything else.

I was thinking the same, more uniform application of the trim color seems a good thing to me. We will see how it all looks in hand though.

8 minutes ago, jenius said:

I was thinking the same, more uniform application of the trim color seems a good thing to me. We will see how it all looks in hand though.

It would also make sense since it matches that pattern on the lower legs, which is also chocolate.  

On 10/25/2018 at 7:58 AM, Lolicon said:

I was looking at the numbering on the wings. Looks odd, is all. I'll probably take them off with some turpenoid (much more effective than alcohol). Not sure why all the modex numbers are 01 when it should be 101 like on the front fuselage. Guess the UN Spacy is really cutting back on the painting budget.

906069581_vf-4weirdmodex.jpg.1d1f276e6b07a61f26096c51e803c0ce.jpg

I couldn't find any pics in a brief online search, but I have a book from the 1970s showing that USN planes were marked like that. The numbers on the flaps would be easy to read if you were walking behind a row of parked planes. I guess the navy just assumed you knew which squadron row you were walking through and decided individual numbers were enough!

14 minutes ago, Vagabond Elf said:

I couldn't find any pics in a brief online search, but I have a book from the 1970s showing that USN planes were marked like that. The numbers on the flaps would be easy to read if you were walking behind a row of parked planes. I guess the navy just assumed you knew which squadron row you were walking through and decided individual numbers were enough!

Chronocidal posted this from the previous page.

On 10/25/2018 at 10:33 AM, Chronocidal said:

Wing and tail modex markings have also been standard for real life aircraft for decades.  Whether the wing gives the full number or just the last two digits seems to vary by squadron.

f14modex.jpg.06b27176fa18d98f8858add59ad22924.jpg

Looking good!  It's actually nice to see Bandai replicating some actual markings, instead of making up their own. :p 

3 minutes ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

So...uh...is it really going to be $300? I had no problem paying ~$150 for a Hi-Metal R VF-2, but that was really pushing it.

If this costs $300, that's more than a DX Chogokin VF-31 figure...

First of all, what figure are you talking about that has the price tag of $300? If you're talking about the upcoming VF-4 Lightning III, then FYI the price for that is Y12960.

Unless, you're planning on buying two, then yes, you might hit the $300 mark.

5 minutes ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

So...uh...is it really going to be $300? I had no problem paying ~$150 for a Hi-Metal R VF-2, but that was really pushing it.

If this costs $300, that's more than a DX Chogokin VF-31 figure...

Where did you get the idea that it costs $300? It's 12,960 jpy IIRC, or roughly $115.

I hope the elbow joint is not too fragile. Good thing they added that gap in the adaptor for the Gunpod. Nice.

hmr_vf4_frontshot.jpg.23ad0dc53187f4cf01b7464cc210ee83.jpg

Edit: Staring at this pic, I'm starting to accept the Chocolate color. It reminds me how much I love Orguss Gah-oh-ku. ^_^ 

Edited by no3Ljm

33 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

hmr_vf4_frontshot.jpg.23ad0dc53187f4cf01b7464cc210ee83.jpg

Edit: Staring at this pic, I'm starting to accept the Chocolate color. It reminds me how much I love Orguss Gah-oh-ku. ^_^ 

Yep......

meg81807box.jpg

I'm OK with the brown....

I usually do not collect anything other than Macross...but I do have the Mega House Orguss.......still MISB! ;)

The chances of ever getting a the VF-1A Orguss is almost nill.....it'd be an ista-buy for me!

orguss-valkyrie.jpg

ep27-orgussvalkyrie.jpg

gallery_12176_600_1999318.jpg

Edited by jvmacross