Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 hour ago, Vifam7 said:

Those "01" markings on the wings and the "SDF-01B" markings on the tailfins are also seen on the old Musashiya kit.  It's a Kawamori illustration so it's legit.

musa-vf4b.jpg

The markings look good.

33 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Don't now where to post this but was displayed with the HMR's

sx008.jpg

F20FA428-6880-46BF-9264-ABE6EE11CE8A.jpeg.4e6e9bc32a0a3047371960eccdd1f714.jpeg

I was hoping it would be a VF-27.

2 hours ago, Vifam7 said:

Those "01" markings on the wings and the "SDF-01B" markings on the tailfins are also seen on the old Musashiya kit.  It's a Kawamori illustration so it's legit.

musa-vf4b.jpg

Wing and tail modex markings have also been standard for real life aircraft for decades.  Whether the wing gives the full number or just the last two digits seems to vary by squadron.

f14modex.jpg.06b27176fa18d98f8858add59ad22924.jpg

Looking good!  It's actually nice to see Bandai replicating some actual markings, instead of making up their own. :p 

Edited by Chronocidal

11 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

The part (or lack thereof) that sways me away from L-Gaim Mk II is the missing backpack which would make the torso look more full.

Agree, and the missing shield as well I guess.

I don't think it could be Eva (does not have the cat-back) or VF-27 either.

But I am sure someone will click with an idea at some point and we will all go - ahh, that's it!  soon enough.

11 hours ago, seti88 said:

Got to take care of that that knee joint! It looks a bit fragile since its a HMR...

10 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

If it's metal like the inner structure of the VF-2SS it should be OK, but you are right, considering the size of this HMR, we need to be careful with the joint.

You know the drill, guys. It's why we need to buy 4. One for each form. And one to keep it MISB. ^_^

11 hours ago, seti88 said:

6B9CAD23-178E-475D-AA91-C66B1D865B50.jpeg.6d7ecf9ba1f2d5ba5ff3b7742122b49e.jpeg

No modex seen on the rudders! ... break out the rubbing alcohol! ;)

As if that we've seen big NETFC and UNSpacy on the wings of YF-19 in some anime shots? But it's still there. :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, easnoddy said:

I don't think so.  Its not red, and doesn't have the shoulder restraints.  Giant Gorg perhaps?  Maybe L-Gaim Mk II?  Probably neither.

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

Wow for a moment there...then I suddenly realised it could be a L-gaim..

Giant Gorg. I like what you're thinking. ;) But I don't think it is since the blurred image shows a big of a shoulder is. I don't think it's the L-Gaim MkII also. Even if it was L-Gaim MkII, why the transition from Robot Damashii to Hi-Metal R? Knowing that the MkII is seen cheaper on any secondary hand stores.

6 hours ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

It seems that Bandai is using the same marketing tactics of the third-party Transformer companies, which reveal frustrating "teaser" images that are intentionally blurred, pixelated, or ridiculously zoomed in so all you see is, like, a hinge and a joint.

That figure could be anything. Tekkaman Blade?

Bandai's been doing that ever since with their Gundam figures.

9 hours ago, Vifam7 said:

musa-vf4b.jpg

That's interesting. I think the Yamato/Arcadia VF-4 had stickers for the SDF marking and wondered where it came from. 

The wing flap markings still look weird to me and I'm going to be painting over that area anyway, so they're still coming off. 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Giant Gorg. I like what you're thinking. ;) But I don't think it is since the blurred image shows a big of a shoulder is. I don't think it's the L-Gaim MkII also. Even if it was L-Gaim MkII, why the transition from Robot Damashii to Hi-Metal R? Knowing that the MkII is seen cheaper on any secondary hand stores.

We're getting off topic but it looks like the Bat-Shu from L-Gaim. I hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, Vifam7 said:

We're getting off topic but it looks like the Bat-Shu from L-Gaim. I hope I'm wrong.

Yeah. Silhouette kind of looks like Bat-Shu. But it doesn't make sense knowing they already released it via Robot Damashii line. Was this silhouette part of the HMR display or RD to begin with?

If it's in the HMR display then we're not off topic. :rolleyes:

Really hope there is something else announced for HMR macross......I want to know at minimum that the Phalanx, Tomahawk and DYRL N-Ger are on the way for 2019.....so we can all stop worrying about it....VF-1D would honestly be a bigger surprise than that VF-4....the VF-4 had not been much of a secret for at least a few days before all the official pics started showing up....so Bandai can't be showing all it's Macross cards before the show right? Right?!?! :unknw:

Hopefully this Sunday will tell! And if there is, sometimes there is problem of no photographs allowed and only had a single wide shot of the prototypes...

anyone here manage to score tix to go? Play I spy with my macross eye? :spiteful:

Edited by seti88