Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 9/24/2018 at 10:01 PM, Mommar said:

They didn't do that for the 19, why would they do that now for the 21?

Bandai already had the mold, and the Advance sold well, so a Mac + reissue was a no brainer. Licence-wise, to release the 19 counterpart in DX form would make sense now, if they have reasons to believe it'll sell. Of course this is all speculation on my part since Bandai doesn't seem to have a fixed strategy when it comes to Macross releases.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

It would probably take sometime b4 any revisit to plus in the HMR line. Dont thk bandai would release a smaller scale version so soon after the DX, and will save it to fill in gaps, ie if the sales needs a boost... after all so much other stuff still not released...ie HMR vf-4g!!

:5:

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

It would probably take sometime b4 any revisit to plus in the HMR line. Dont thk bandai would release a smaller scale version so soon after the DX, and will save it to fill in gaps, ie if the sales needs a boost... after all so much other stuff still not released...ie HMR vf-4g!!

:5:

Not to mention the VF-0 that they've shown on one of the display in the event before and the VF-1J Delta Versions. Now the Delta Versions is a good filler gap for new ones. ^_^ 

14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Not to mention the VF-0 that they've shown on one of the display in the event before and the VF-1J Delta Versions. Now the Delta Versions is a good filler gap for new ones. ^_^ 

If Bandai does anything Delta HMR at this point, I'd like to the VF-31A added to the list of things to come! B))

I'd welcome a VF-0A/S too! 

It'll probably work short term but your best bet is a lacquer based paint that has a bit of "bite" to it.  Anything else is likely to scratch off just as easily as the original.  I'm not sure if gundam markers are available in lacquer.  The ones I've got certainly don't smell like they are.

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I just use acrylic but I try to be careful not to scratch any paint.

Given you've customised more of these than anyone else I know of, I'm inclined to take your experience as the final word on the matter.  Do you airbrush the paint on and what's your preference in paint brand?

I just don't understand how the paint is coming off so easily on mine. I haven't been mishandling since a few weeks ago trying to get the legs tabbed in. What's odd is only the right wing is scratched up and not the left. I don't even know what paint to use on this to fix the scratches. This is my first premium figure anything and it already looks so beat up...

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0426.JPG

1 hour ago, mickyg said:

Given you've customised more of these than anyone else I know of, I'm inclined to take your experience as the final word on the matter.  Do you airbrush the paint on and what's your preference in paint brand?

I use Liquitex.  Airbrush should work but I mostly paint by hand.

7 minutes ago, Karaoke Ninja said:

I just don't understand how the paint is coming off so easily on mine. I haven't been mishandling since a few weeks ago trying to get the legs tabbed in. What's odd is only the right wing is scratched up and not the left. I don't even know what paint to use on this to fix the scratches. This is my first premium figure anything and it already looks so beat up...

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0426.JPG

Maybe there is excess plastic underneath that panel that is scraping the wing.  I’m not sure how that shoulder cover got scratches though.

6 hours ago, Hiriyu said:

My HMR Hikaru Super 1A has the exact same issues with paint loss. I'm not bothered enough by it to repaint the affected areas, but it was something that I noticed within about a week of ownership, so you're not alone on that.

Could it be that there are QC problems with Hikaru's VF-1A?. 

We all know there were issues with the leg armors, and now people are having paint scratches soon after getting the figure. 

Perhaps Bandai is aware of this problems and is holding back any VF HMR releases until fixing them. 

Edited by Convectuoso
Typo

8 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Could it be that there are QC problems with Hikaru's VF-1A?. 

We all know there were issues with the leg armors, and now people are having paint scratches soon after getting the figure. 

Perhaps Bandai is aware of this problems and is holding back any VF HMR releases until fixing them. 

What would be the cause of this? Bandai using cheaper paint?

58 minutes ago, Karaoke Ninja said:

What would be the cause of this? Bandai using cheaper paint?

We can all speculate the reasons why since none of the members here works for Bandai. I can speculate that maybe they didn't allow enough time to let the paint dry due to production schedules. Or probably some members got theirs from bad production batches. And so on and so forth...

6 hours ago, Saburo said:

Condition Red! Prepare for attack!

All pilots man your Destroids! 

Nice mood shot! Agree that when bandai releases the tomahawk and phalanx, they will round it up! 

Which episode was it that hikaru was in a destroid again.... 

Anyway awesome sauce! :good:

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

^ Doki Doki. :wub:

:D

6 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Awesome! The only thing that keeps this photo from being perfect is the fact that Bandai hasn’t released a Tomahawk or Phalanx for @Saburo to include with the other destroids.

Exactly!  As I was taking the shots, I kept thinking "If only I had Tomahawks and Phalanxes.".  I'll revisit this shot when I all the destroids are released.

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

You are killing me with awesomeness!

Thank you @Slave IV!  I have a few more photos I need to process. ;)

5 hours ago, mickyg said:

Ditto.  Saburo, that new "light tent" is just all kinds of awesome.  Love it!

Thank you @mickyg, hehe yep this new "Light Tent" has been a fun learning experience for me. I was so used to looking at the fade-to-black BG I usually do, it seemed strange when I was processing these pics.  I will shoot the fade-to-black photos and the hanger shots will be more like the Mecha Centerfold photos. :D

It takes a bit of time to assemble the hanger and I can't keep assembled the whole time due to amount of space it takes up.

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Awesome pic @Saburo.  Bring on the Destroid squad.

Thank you @sh9000, I wish I had your army of Destroids. :)

3 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

And it keeps getting better and better!!!!!

Hope it keeps getting better, I am doing my best.  There are more photos to come.

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

Nice mood shot! Agree that when bandai releases the tomahawk and phalanx, they will round it up! 

Which episode was it that hikaru was in a destroid again.... 

Anyway awesome sauce! :good:

Thank you @seti88

Yes, Bandai better announce the Tomahawk and Phalanx soon.  Maybe I need another Monster in the hanger?