Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Tomahawk or N-Ger are my best guesses, but I'm crossing my fingers for a Phalanx announcement or something out of left field like another armored HM-R release.

I don't know what other anime property would take center stage if Bandai were to move the Hi-Metal R line away from a Macross focus. The Robot Spirits line is already focused on Gundam so that would be a strange move. It would need to be something else.

3 hours ago, jenius said:

Yes, the most obvious front runners, assuming the line continues are (in no particular order)
A) A VF-1 repaint
B) Tomahawk Destroid
C) Phalanx Destroid
D) N-Ger
E) Reissue of one of the more popular toys (like the Regults since they're around 3x MSRP right now)

From that list, the Phalanx is the most boring option. It's just a repaint of the defender, with barrels where the arms should be 

On 9/1/2018 at 9:06 PM, beatsing said:

The right foot heel doesn’t rotate as much as the left foot towards the rear.  See the photos.  

So it has diffulty standing in the batroid amd a hard time in gerwalk.  

Do you guys know how to fix the right foot heel?

Just to further clarify…

I opened one of my VT-1s, and the right heel is indeed not swinging back far enough. The left side is fine. I checked 2 of my VF-1A CFs, and they both have the issue, though one only slightly. I also checked my VF-1J Milia and one of my VF-1J Hikarus, and the feet on both of those swing fully back as they should. 

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

From that list, the Phalanx is the most boring option. It's just a repaint of the defender, with barrels where the arms should be 

Not boring at all to me. I thought jenius's list was pretty fair. I'm actually looking forward to how Bandai implements the gimmicks at this scale. In the teaser prototype, you can just make out the engine nozzles, and it seems like the hatch has a seam to reveal a cockpit. I would expect the top of the "barrels" also open to reveal their ordnance.

Here's a link to the line art:

macross2.net phalanx line art

5 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

... If you consider an entirely new upper chassis, not just the arms, as "just a repaint", then, I guess, sure, but so is the Tomahawk in that case; after all, three out of 5 Destroids share the same legs and waist assemblies, with unique or omitted thigh add-ons.  From my point of view, aside from badly wanting to finish off the walking tanks line-up, Bandai already invested in half the tooling necessary for further types, so why not produce them?  Unless the Defender was such a dud that they assume other Destroids would be as well.  Personally, the Tomahawk is my favorite, but I'd jump at the chance to add a Phalanx to my collection without an iota of hesitation.

15 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

18 hours ago, jenius said:

Yes, the most obvious front runners, assuming the line continues are (in no particular order)
A) A VF-1 repaint
B) Tomahawk Destroid
C) Phalanx Destroid
D) N-Ger
E) Reissue of one of the more popular toys (like the Regults since they're around 3x MSRP right now)

Wait. You don't find the never ending VF-1 repaint with different heads and packs boring? :rolleyes:

I’ll get 2 sets of the VF-1EX Hayate and Mirage and troop build the Tomahawk, Phalanx, Nousjadeul-Ger, VF-1A Armored Valkyrie Ai Ha Negareru version, and VF-1A TV Kakizaki.  The spares of the VF-1A TV Kakizaki would be converted into VF-1A Alaska Base versions.

Thanks to a feline friend dropping a hint, Jenius' review of the HMR VT-1 is up. I know that this a touchy valk to a fair amount of people due to some reasons unknown, just take the review as it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jziC8QUdorQ

Edit: I'm tossing in Knerdout's review on it also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN-Wiz7iLMs

Edited by borgified

7 hours ago, kajnrig said:

HLJ apparently are selling preowned items now. Must've happened very recently. They have an HMR Elintseeker here: https://hlj.com/product/POW-1-BANN19292/Act

Yeah, I think someone mentioned it a couple of pages back. It will be interesting to see how much their pre-owned selection develops.

As far as a HMR VF-1J from Macross the First, I’d think that @sh9000 would have that on his custom list somewhere. I believe there was a magazine that had stickers you could use?

Yes it is on my list.  Thanks for the compliments @seti88and @jvmacross.  Nice Valk btw.

As for that VF-1J head, I’ve contacted @Kurisama about getting one in 1/100 scale.  I’ve also contacted another person on Shapeways that has a lot of great stuff in a smaller scale but unfortunately he has no plans of scaling up his models.  If enough people ask he may consider it.

6 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Yeah, I think someone mentioned it a couple of pages back. It will be interesting to see how much their pre-owned selection develops.

So far, it's overpriced compared to Mandarake and Jungle for the most part. In some cases, considerably.

1 hour ago, Karaoke Ninja said:

Well, I just placed an order for Hikaru's VF-1A. I made sure to ask the seller to check the box to make sure it has the correct armor pieces and they said they will before it ships. This is my first Hi-Metal and first Valkyrie figure so I'm pretty excited. Even paid the extra money to have it shipped expedited!

down the rabbit hole you go!

enjoy mate :D

3 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

3 days inactivity in this thread (is that a record?) and only 1 release looming. Disconcerting. When is the next toy/ model show? Hoping for a big bang of a display with 3-4 upcoming releases. 

I'd honestly rather them finish this line than the DX 1J. 

If my memories serves me correctly, isn't there another Tamashii Display show sometime in the next few months (or is my memory totally out of wack)? I recall that @jeniusdid a list of the upcoming releases for the remaining year and with the LIl'Draken and the clip add on for the re-issue 31F for end of January/beginning of February of next year.

I would like to see teasers for the upcoming HMR release (as for who knows what's next on the list, we don't know), as it's mostly likely that the year will end up with the DX VF-1J release.