Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Man, I really hope Bandai finish the all the releases they intended for Hi-Metal R as shown on that teaser poster for the line way back at the relaunch. SO close to being done...

Destroid Tomahawk & Phalanx 

VF-1D, VF-1A Max & Kaki TV

Regult Scout, Quaedluun-Rau & the male armor

That's IT. We've already seen painted Destroid protos of the Tomahawk & Phalanx, we have the 1A CF with a TV head, so that's just paint deco for Max/Kaki, 2 seaters are out so just a 1D head is needed. And lastly Tenjin teased male armor box art...

C'mon Bandai, finish what ya started!!!

Edited by atreyu2112

What doesn't make sense is they're bringing out the DX version but slowing down on the HMRs. I give them credit for putting out large figures like The Monster, Glaug, and Regults but please finish the Destroids and the SDF/DYRL VF-1 line. 

I picked up extra Destroids to support the line hoping that they release the last two. 

9 minutes ago, atreyu2112 said:

Man, I really hope Bandai finish the all the releases they intended for Hi-Metal R as shown on that teaser poster for the line way back at the relaunch. SO close to being done...

Destroid Tomahawk & Phalanx 

VF-1D & VF-1A Kaki TV

Regult Scout, Quaedluun-Rau & the male armor

That's IT. We've already seen painted Destroid protos of the Tomahawk & Phalanx, we have the 1A TV Max, so that's just paint deco for Kaki, 2 seaters are out so just a 1D head is needed. And lastly Tenjin teased male armor box art...

C'mon Bandai, finish what ya started!!!

Where’s the 1A TV Max?

27 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Where’s the 1A TV Max?

Don't you want a TV Miria to go with your M&M collection (that is if they ever do it)? :D 

Edit: I know that Bandai has done Hikaru, Max and Kakizaki in the original Hi-Metal line up (not TV version I think).

Edited by borgified

2 minutes ago, borgified said:

Don't you want a TV Miria to go with your M&M collection (that is if they ever do it)? :D 

Edit: I know that Bandai has done Hikaru, Max and Kakizaki in the original Hi-Metal line up (not TV version I think).

I’ll take them all! Just wondering if I somehow missed the 1A TV Max mentioned but I know it’s impossible. 

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I’ll take them all! Just wondering if I somehow missed the 1A TV Max mentioned but I know it’s impossible. 

There hasn’t been one ever teased or announced yet.  I think @atreyu2112 was thinking about something else.  There are only customs of the VF-1A TV Max that exist so far.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:08 PM, derex3592 said:

No there isn't, and frankly that's a bit worrisome to me. I was looking through old pics on my tablet last night and it was just about one year ago that the Defender's Destroid came out. I'm starting to seriously wonder if Bandai is going to complete the line, or do any other enemies. It's not looking good at the moment...:unsure:

If they're not going to do Zentraedi mecha then I'm dumping HMR.:(

2 hours ago, Podtastic said:

If they're not going to do Zentraedi mecha then I'm dumping HMR.:(

1 hour ago, jenius said:

For the lines that are doing zentraedi Mecha?

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Also, they have already done Zentradi Mecha...

Bandai has done the Glaug and the Regult (in single format and in a pack of two as a missile set) so far. The next possible one will be the N-ger and what ever Zentreadi mecha that we haven't got. 

4 hours ago, jenius said:

For the lines that are doing zentraedi Mecha?

Meaning of course if Bandai fail to make the remaining Zentraedi mecha in their HMR line, such as the Regult Scout and Powered Armours. The Zentraedi mecha are the main focus of my collecting in Macross so there would no point to continue watching the line in that case. (Really disappointing if that happens because I'm very happy with the Zentraedi releases thusfar.)

If Zentraedi mecha are made in another line then THAT line will attract my attention.

42 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

If Zentraedi mecha are made in another line then THAT line will attract my attention.

Not trying to be snarky, but is there another line out there that has a realistic chance of making zentraedi stuff?  Especially SDFM zentraedi mecha?  If there is, I'd like to know about it (is it a model line?).

I know there are things like the yamato 1/60 Q-Rau, and the resin 1/60 Regult, and some custom works out there.  But is there a modern line currently in production that might make zentraedi mecha (that isn't HMR)?

I'm not ready to hit the panic button on Macross HM-R releases, but i will say that the non-Macross HM-R releases have been less and less appealing to me. 

Dougram was nifty and that introduced me to a show I missed years ago, which was cool. The rest have been ho-hum, though, so that's money saved I guess.

On 9/7/2018 at 5:39 PM, HardlyNever said:

Got my Super Os today.  I have the same issue with the back part of the right foot being really stiff.  I just worked it back and forth and put more pressure on it and it seems to be moving almost completely back.  It is still stiff, but I can get it to maybe 95% fully back, so if you are still having issues with it, I would say just keep working it back and forth.

They definitely used a different finish for the feet on this one.  Whether that is affecting the foot, I don't know, but it only seems to be one side. 

Same experience with mine. Is it possible that a tiny defect in the mold is growing bigger over use? My Elint had the same issue.

17 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Not trying to be snarky, but is there another line out there that has a realistic chance of making zentraedi stuff?  Especially SDFM zentraedi mecha?  If there is, I'd like to know about it (is it a model line?).

I know there are things like the yamato 1/60 Q-Rau, and the resin 1/60 Regult, and some custom works out there.  But is there a modern line currently in production that might make zentraedi mecha (that isn't HMR)?

Not that I know of. I was just responding to Jenius's question.

2 hours ago, Karaoke Ninja said:

Considering getting the VF-2SS release, anything I should know about before making my first Hi-Metal purchase? I'm a little worried about those landing gears, they look very fragile. Have they broken on anyone yet?

Only real issue I've heard of with the VF-2SS figures is the FAST Packs equivalent (SAP?) having sprue marks on some parts that are really obvious. There's few true locking mechanisms to the leg and arm joints, so you'll have to fiddle with things to get them right in the various modes. Joints are nice and solid, the figure itself looks gorgeous and basically does the best job you could hope for at its scale of making anime magic happen.

3 hours ago, Karaoke Ninja said:

Considering getting the VF-2SS release, anything I should know about before making my first Hi-Metal purchase? I'm a little worried about those landing gears, they look very fragile. Have they broken on anyone yet?

The heat shield wont sit flush to the canopy in battroid mode, but am not sure if bandai will do anything to fix it in the upcoming gilbert release. 
There is a mod floating around that enables it to sit flush, I wonder if anyone here did that...