Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 8/24/2018 at 8:02 PM, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Nice work there. With all those decals, it looks like the equivalent of a PF version. Are they waterslides?

Yes sir! Now that I've decaled one HMR, I would love to go back to revamp all the previous releases so they look better, but getting enough small decals will be the difficult part. Some of the ones I used are too big as is, but they look acceptable. :ph34r:

@Saburo Great pics!

AAAAH! AAAAAAH! Help help help!

I just purchased my first HMR VF-1 mold. I hadn't even transformed it yet, and I noticed it was broken out of the box. I received it MISB.

The left shoulder joint has a crack in the plastic! AAAAAH! It's the cylinder part of the plastic shoulder piece, where the pin goes through.

AAAAAH! AAAAAAAAAAAH! How do I fix this? Is there a replacement part on Shapeways? Can someone sell me a junker so I can take the left shoulder piece?

It is easily removed from the body of the Valk. I circled in green where it's just a C-clip holding it to the body.

Help! :(

2018-08-26 23.07.58.jpg

388428117_2018-08-2623_07_58.jpg.7c4dd0f68d79ac6255024a9fe80f150d.jpg

Edited by Lord_Of_Tetris

You will break it worse removing that pin, your best bet would be to find someone who has one that is broken some other way to land that joint... but it's a Miria version so that's unlikely. You could try putting a bead of glue on there if you're worried about it getting worse. I just bought some stuff that is UV light curing... that looks like the perfect break for that sort of thing.

2 hours ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

AAAAH! AAAAAAH! Help help help!

I just purchased my first HMR VF-1 mold. I hadn't even transformed it yet, and I noticed it was broken out of the box. I received it MISB.

The left shoulder joint has a crack in the plastic! AAAAAH! It's the cylinder part of the plastic shoulder piece, where the pin goes through.

AAAAAH! AAAAAAAAAAAH! How do I fix this? Is there a replacement part on Shapeways? Can someone sell me a junker so I can take the left shoulder piece?

Help! :(

2018-08-26 23.07.58.jpg

You got it like that the moment you open it? Did you try to email the store where you purchase it? If that's HLJ, then it would be easy if you're still in their 10-day grace period. 

Edit: I just noticed that this is Millia based on the color which is a TWE release so it's probably didn't came from HLJ.

Edited by no3Ljm

It looks like that Lord_Of _Tetris might have gotten it from Manda, Amiami, Jungle, NY, Anime Export or any other stores that sells TWE after it's been released.

Note: Did you read the fine print when you ordered the HMR Miria? Some places do not cover the damages upon you receiving it, as they sell the stuff "AS IS" so that means no dice in getting a replacement.

Shapeways doesn't have any replacement parts for broken HMR as of yet. The only choice is to fix it by UV weld or fork out more $$ to get a replacement. It sucks to have a busted HMR upon getting it...  :vava:

Could try bondine abs glue, if other solutions don’t work. I have been very surprised by how strong that glue can be on hard plastics. Just let some seep in the cracks and do a tight squeeze while working the part a little so it doesn’t stick to the pin. I still would take extra care not to rebreak the part.

4 hours ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

Any suggestions on replacement parts or ways to repair?

I couldn't figure out how to remove the roll pin.

That part looks to be easily repairable.  Get yourself some ABS cement (Tenax, Ambroid, or even Testors' Liquid cement for plastic) and a toothpick.  Use the brush applicator of the liquid ABS solvent -- lightly loaded, not dripping -- and apply a small drop to the crack, let capillary action carry the liquid into the split; next, wedge the toothpick between the plastic and the metal to force and brace the crack closed; lastly, let it cure overnight and then cut or scrape off any plastic that oozed out.  Done, and good as new.

3 hours ago, mechaninac said:

That part looks to be easily repairable.  Get yourself some ABS cement (Tenax, Ambroid, or even Testors' Liquid cement for plastic) and a toothpick.  Use the brush applicator of the liquid ABS solvent -- lightly loaded, not dripping -- and apply a small drop to the crack, let capillary action carry the liquid into the split; next, wedge the toothpick between the plastic and the metal to force and brace the crack closed; lastly, let it cure overnight and then cut or scrape off any plastic that oozed out.  Done, and good as new.

Won't that glue the metal to the plastic, and then the joint won't move?

My first one should be here within the next couple of days.  So much for people giving me thumbs down for buying ten of them earlier.  After all, I AM helping support your hobby guys.  The more we support this product line, the more Bandai will be enticed to produce different toys.

Also for the above, trying to get replacement parts from Bandai is like pulling teeth but it can be done if you have a good hobby dealer located in Japan that will do the legwork for you.

7 hours ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

Won't that glue the metal to the plastic, and then the joint won't move?

Nope.  It's not a glue, it's a solvent for ABS, Styrene, Polystyrene, Butyrate, and Acrylic (Testors will only react with Styrene, PS, and ABS); it will only affect the plastic as there is ZERO reaction to metal.  The stuff works by melting the plastic and welding it to itself or another piece of plastic of similar chemical composition.  The worst that can happen is that the melting causes plastic to ooze out and mechanically lock to any surface imperfection or detail on the metal part, but this impediment to free movement would be fairly weak and temporary... moving the parts against each other with a small amount of force would wear the offending obstruction down and free up the joint.  The beauty of this repair method is that, if done properly, you'll hardly be able to tell that the crack was there in the first place as the melting of the plastic makes the part whole again.

On 8/26/2018 at 9:58 PM, Slave IV said:

Not just vf-1s and zentradi, there are Destroids and so far VF-2s from Macross 2. Also other Mecha from Dougram, Xabungle and Techno Police. 

That's unfortunate. Was really hoping to get an affordable VF-19 or VF-25 in 1/100 scale. Guess I'll check again in another two years lol.

Regardless of anyone's pic of the new HMR that's been put out, haters are going to hate (maybe it's the possibility that they can't effort to get it). 

Even my pic of the HMR VT-1 got a down vote. 

I'll be frank: Such Childish behavior... 

Guess that I'm going to lots of down votes due to my post. Go ahead, I'm still going to post pics regardless either you like it or not.

2 hours ago, borgified said:

Regardless of anyone's pic of the new HMR that's been put out, haters are going to hate (maybe it's the possibility that they can't effort to get it). 

Even my pic of the HMR VT-1 got a down vote. 

I'll be frank: Such Childish behavior... 

Guess that I'm going to lots of down votes due to my post. Go ahead, I'm still going to post pics regardless either you like it or not.

They have zero actual effect on anything. Why even waste the effort to complain about them?

The whole Upvote/Downvote thing is stupid and utterly meaningless IMHO. It's something to appease the younger generation I suppose who have to have something to "Like" or "Dislike".  Let's just get back to discussing some god*mn Macross toys. FFS.:clapping:

EDIT -- Let's see how many downvotes I get for that!!!:lol:

Edited by derex3592

re: anonymous like/dislike forum-feature shenanigans.

I highly suggest you guys post over at the Bugs/Feedback-forum regarding this stupid anonymous like/dislike feature of the new forum:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/44397-please-post-bugs-and-forum-feedback-here/?do=getNewComment

Maybe then Shawn and Graham can get the necessary feedback-numbers to submit to IPS to either completely disable the feature or make it not-anonymous.

Just now, no3Ljm said:

Or... just ignore the whole thing since it's pointless. :friends:

I mostly ignore it but you can't help but to see it there, especially when there are a lot of votes either way. @treatment's suggestion to leave feedback is a good one. I think I'll do that. In the end, I don't think anyone cares except maybe the ones using the feature but still, if it is there, might as well be of use.

I like being abIe to upvote/downvote posts lol

I can’t recall the last time I downvoted something and typically would only do so when someone was acting like an ass, which isn’t very often. 

It’s a nice way to interact with folks when you don’t have anything to contribute other than “I like that” :)

13 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I mostly ignore it but you can't help but to see it there, especially when there are a lot of votes either way. @treatment's suggestion to leave feedback is a good one. I think I'll do that. In the end, I don't think anyone cares except maybe the ones using the feature but still, if it is there, might as well be of use.

Agreed. It's just that I remember this was already brought up before and someone mentioned that it's part of the new forum program in which no one knows if it can be removed or not. As for my advice, I just made it as a rule of thumb. I just ignore it. It's like remembering what my parents told me before when kids makes fun of me, just ignore them. I mean, it wouldn't hurt to ignore it, right? It wouldn't cause damage as well. And like I said before, this upvote/downvote will matter to me if I'm going to win a prize or not. If not, then for me it's just a 'color design' added to the page. ;)

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Agreed. It's just that I remember this was already brought up before and someone mentioned that it's part of the new forum program in which no one knows if it can be removed or not. As for my advice, I just made it as a rule of thumb. I just ignore it. It's like remembering what my parents told me before when kids makes fun of me, just ignore them. I mean, it wouldn't hurt to ignore it, right? It wouldn't cause damage as well. And like I said before, this upvote/downvote will matter to me if I'm going to win a prize or not. If not, then for me it's just a 'color design' added to the page. ;)

Yeah, I just think it's funny to see what people downvote and it would be even better to see who would do such a thing. Anyways, I left feedback in that thread linked to above and will call it a day on that. It is a good feature to use instead of responding with "hey, I like that" but it becomes pointless if you can't see who is giving props or hating.

BTW, got some HMR (along with some other stuff) last night:

7AD0E2BB-CB5E-4CA0-B6EB-4DE65DA43064.thumb.jpeg.2196a6075e884fa53253527d1c4697e5.jpeg

Edited by Slave IV

Count me in the "ignore" club.

Although I did use the up/downvote feature at first, I soon realized how silly it was and how it wasn't really conducive to forum discussion. I decided that it's better to speak directly, even if things end awkward or I don't agree with (or get ignored by) the person I'm trying to chat with here. Now, if I use the feature at all, it's to give other forum members a random blue heart. Likes seem less divisive than those red and green social buttons.

Anyway, my AmiAmi order arrived yesterday, so I have my first of two HM-R VT-1 Super-Os in hand, which also happens to be my first ever VT-1 in toy form. I'm pretty excited. Looking forward to the next HM-R announcement too. B))

1 hour ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Been awhile since I posted in this thread... I feel behind again.. but this brings me current.    I am still waiting on 2 more VT-1s.

Optimized-20180828_161542.jpg

A-ha! You've won three downvotes for getting three VT-1 Super Ostrich. :lol:

Edited by no3Ljm

Wait a minute here... There's the remainder of the Destroids, N-ger and the rest if the enemy mecha that needs to be made and after reading @Roy Focker reply of possibly revisiting the YF-19, is it the YF-21 "planned as well " (I know that @no3Ljm brought up a pic of a resin YF-21 awhile back)? 

I know that nothing is yet set on stone, as its still in the planning stages.

17 minutes ago, borgified said:

Wait a minute here... There's the remainder of the Destroids, N-ger and the rest if the enemy mecha that needs to be made and after reading @Roy Focker reply of possibly revisiting the YF-19, is it the YF-21 "planned as well " (I know that @no3Ljm brought up a pic of a resin YF-21 awhile back)? 

I know that nothing is yet set on stone, as its still in the planning stages.

The YF-21 photo that's been circulating from before is a Hi-Metal prototype not under HMR. And there's no news yet whether it will be made under the new banner.

Edited by no3Ljm