Hi-Metal R

joppewo

5 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Does anyone know where I can find a rotating display stand like the one in the video with mirror finish?  Thanks!

You can order one from Amazon or get one from your local hobby shop that sells gunpla, model paint, etc (if they carry it).  Make sure that the table top can easy rotate without any issues.

4 hours ago, borgified said:

You can order one from Amazon or get one from your local hobby shop that sells gunpla, model paint, etc (if they carry it).  Make sure that the table top can easy rotate without any issues.

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thank you @borgified, @no3Ljm!

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Welcome to the super flightless bird club! :D Good to see so many getting theirs. Looking forward to your pics!

THe VT-1 is the first HMR VF-1 I like enough to actually go ahead and do some actual detailing on it.

haha Thanks! Can't wait to see you detailed Super Ostrich!

Here's the HMR 2 seater duo.

29227806287_ab668eca0a_h.jpg

Nice duo pic saburo!
It looks like the VT-1 fuselage orange behind the cockpit was painted over a white/grey surface in your pics, where as the other orange lining was done over a tan fuselage.

Maybe ensuring the lining was darker somehow under strobe light. Only commented on it, perhaps something the strobes picked out.
Nevertheless as always, beaut shots!

Are you supposed to angle the arms lower in fighter mode when the super parts are attached? My only real gripe with the VT-1 is the included fighter stand adapter (which I’m glad is back), is too wide to fit between the legs when the fast packs are on, unless of course you angle them outward which I don’t want to do. The only solution I can think of is to lower the arms.

16 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Are you supposed to angle the arms lower in fighter mode when the super parts are attached? My only real gripe with the VT-1 is the included fighter stand adapter (which I’m glad is back), is too wide to fit between the legs when the fast packs are on, unless of course you angle them outward which I don’t want to do. The only solution I can think of is to lower the arms.

Funny you should say that, while that's true, I was overjoyed to find the non 'super parts only' version of the fighter mode adapter.  The VT-1 is my 5th HMR VF-1 variant, and it's the first one to come with that.  3 out of 4 of the previous HMR VF-1's I'd bought didn't come with supers, but did come with the useless super part stand adapter.  I guess you did say you're glad it's back.

1 hour ago, ArchieNov said:

you do need to, yeah. i had that same issue setting it up and bringing the arms down further sorted it.

14 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

That makes me curious now... does the super part fighter adapter we all have bunches of work any better, even without having any arm armors mounted?

A29D9DCB-19BA-4AB3-BCCF-0C55B74A59E7.jpeg.7a5ecede148aada10fc4b9a2269f54a4.jpeg

Those adapters won’t lock on to the arms and will hold on by friction but they should still work fine.

Anyone tried shaving a hair of plastic off each side (left right) of the adaptor? I'm thinking of doing that. Doesn't look like it will remove any pegs. so it could allow the arms to be UP in correct position. I'll give it a look tonight when I am home and can see the part in real life, not from memory.

Finally opened my VT-1...the color matching is just as awful in person. Other than the poor color choices and being the first HMR figure I got that features factory paint chips, it's a nice looking figure. Hopefully they'll do better with the VF-1D.

Got mine in and just had a few minutes to open it up last night, the color matching parts are noticeable to me, and yeh, I know it's not a "premium figure", but still, they could have done a little better IMHO. Ostrich was never my favorite mech anyway, the ElintSeeker is much cooler, I almost passed on the VT-1, as I already have the Yamato 1:60ver2, but it is what it is at this point.  I'm done with HM-R VF-1s unless they bring out a VF-1D. I want Destroids and enemies.  

So looks like the consensus is unanimous,  VE-1 still #1.... followed by VF-1.... and at the bottom, where color matching just doesnt seem to matter anymore, we got the VT-1. :(

Damn, and here i was getting ready to order the VT-1...  But the orange is different even on the bare figure, not only on super parts... 

Is it that bad even in Batroid mode, with or without super?  I was even considering just for the bare figure itself, without any of the armor, in batroid or fighter mode, but now wondering if i should wait for the VF-1D instead.

Edited by Arthurius

What HMR release that Bandai want to release is anyone's guess after Nexx's VF-2ss.

A fair amount of us collectors want to continue the destroids [Tomahawk and Phalanx] and the enemy mecha [N-gers, and Q-rau/Q-rare (I know that the Q-rare is more Frontier based].  A VF-1D would be a good release in between the destroids and the enemy mecha.

Yeah. It's almost 3 years when these news broke out. And out of this list, the remaining ones are the ones in color.

m08.jpg.47eeb5df6256b50ee898172ba36a0333.jpg

Not to mention, Vrlitwhai Kridanik, the VF-0 Phoenix and the VF-4 Lightning. Would be nice to see other figures besides any VF-1 variants for 2019 and the remaining months for 2018. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

5 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

My entire fleet of VF-1s is still waiting for some super packs. <_<  It's not like I don't want the rest of that list as well, but come on, Bandai, get with it.

Are you not interested in tracking down the original Hi Metal super parts? They seem to be a bit more readily available than they were a few months ago. 

36 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Are you not interested in tracking down the original Hi Metal super parts? They seem to be a bit more readily available than they were a few months ago. 

You could just buy a HMR VF-1A Super for what the original super parts sets cost.

Well, no money for the VT-1 at this time, but I am happy to see these amazing pictures! Thanks guys! I know there is a color difference, but I still think it looks amazing.

BTW SH9000, I can’t get enough of the brownies formation flights.

Really cool collections and pictures everyone!

On 8/22/2018 at 5:49 AM, sh9000 said:

A29D9DCB-19BA-4AB3-BCCF-0C55B74A59E7.jpeg.7a5ecede148aada10fc4b9a2269f54a4.jpeg

Those adapters won’t lock on to the arms and will hold on by friction but they should still work fine.

It is kind of depressing to see those 13 valkyries pictured (11 CF's, Max, and Roy) and realize that, in all likelihood, the survival rate of this formation is only 7.7%

Apologies for the crappy pic, I seriously need to rearrange my displays as they're in a mess. Anyway, quick snapshot of some of my HMR with the latest Super Ostrich release . Hopefully the VF-1D will be announced soon (and then finish up all the pieces from that original lineup from years back.....)

IMG_5819.JPG

4 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

BTW SH9000, I can’t get enough of the brownies formation flights.

Thanks.  I still want to do an updated one when there is time.

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

It is kind of depressing to see those 13 valkyries pictured (11 CF's, Max, and Roy) and realize that, in all likelihood, the survival rate of this formation is only 7.7%

Actually IMO from the last episodes of SDFM with Hikaru piloting the VF-1S, some of the CFs were more capable and survived.

2 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Apologies for the crappy pic, I seriously need to rearrange my displays as they're in a mess. Anyway, quick snapshot of some of my HMR with the latest Super Ostrich release . Hopefully the VF-1D will be announced soon (and then finish up all the pieces from that original lineup from years back.....)

Nice pic.  I also like your idea of using the double seats from the Fext Hobby Armors for the VE-1 and VT-1.

18 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

17 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

You could just buy a HMR VF-1A Super for what the original super parts sets cost.

This is the entire problem.  I want at least a half dozen sets, and I'd rather they have the TV markings.  I'm not going to pay 2-3 times the original price for something that I'll have to modify out of the box.  I just want Bandai to issue the stupid things again instead of pretending like all their exclusive items are some precious commodity that they're worried about becoming too common.  <_<