Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 8/12/2018 at 7:44 AM, EmilianoAlfaro said:

13-23.jpg

Suddenly realized that this must be the first HMR boxart to feature gerwalk mode as the main valk pose.
*useless macross toy facts.*

And does that mean that the next HMR would be...a nous-ger since it seems to be there in the background?

Edited by seti88

4 hours ago, Decker said:

This may sound like noobie question. I was wondering if Super armor from a HMR will fit on an OHM Valkyrie....

Anyone have any experience with this?

I currently have only HMRs so I can not test it out myself. 

Thanks

Decker

Yes, the HMR super parts fit just fine on the older Hi-Metal VF-1s. The mold is exactly the same. I currently have the blue HMR strike Roy parts on one of my original HM Roys. And I'm getting ready to put the HMR super Hikaru parts on my HM Hikaru 1A. (I think the original white looks better than the HMR gray.)

The GBP will not fit since it requires a removable nosecone, which the originals don't have.

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Suddenly realized that this must be the first HMR boxart to feature gerwalk mode as the main valk pose.
*useless macross toy facts.*

And does that mean that the next HMR would be...a nous-ger since it seems to be there in the background?

Let's hope so....

5639cc482ff84.jpg

Seriously.....Bandai needs to finish the Destroids, the waiting is becoming old...

AmiAmi shipment notification late last night, and then a DHL email this morning saying it's coming tomorrow by the end the day!!! AND texted me the link to tell them if I wanted them to leave it with my approval with no signature!  SCREW EMS from now on!!! I'm all on board the DHL train!:D

Edited by derex3592

15 hours ago, Toonz said:

I made my payment to AmiAmi 2 days ago for the VT-1 and haven't heard from them since.

Wrote in 3 times and not getting any response at all.

Did the people in Ami decide to stop working or just don't feel like checking emails?

Most probably because of the holiday, I paid some days ago too and yesterday I got my DHL shipment confirmation, pretty much like I said in some pages back that they will put all orders on hold until today ;) , also the shipment confirmation depends a lot of what service you selected.

26 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Seriously.....Bandai needs to finish the Destroids, the waiting is becoming old...

AmiAmi shipment notification late last night, and then a DHL email this morning saying it's coming tomorrow by the end the day!!! AND texted me the link to tell them if I wanted them to leave it with my approval with no signature!  SCREW EMS from now on!!! I'm all on board the DHL train!:D

If you don't mind paying for it, sure why not. I believe DHL is double the price of EMS? But with the speed  and service to match.

And yes I want the rest of the Destroids too. Been nearly 2 years since they announced the Tomahawk? Sure feels like it.

54 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

The one and only time I willingly used DHL the package sat in Germany for a week. It was going from Singapore to CA.

1 hour ago, Strumvogel said:

If you don't mind paying for it, sure why not. I believe DHL is double the price of EMS? But with the speed  and service to match.

And yes I want the rest of the Destroids too. Been nearly 2 years since they announced the Tomahawk? Sure feels like it.

Wrong in this case, DHL was cheaper than EMS from AmiAmi, they chose it for me. 

I got shipping notices for all 10 of my VT-1 Super Ostriches.  I feel like I went a bit overboard though since the colors don't match but I wanted to get as many as I got of VE-1 Elintseekers.

I'm hoping more good stuff will come out but I can wait.  Mainly I am looking forward to a VF-1D release.  It looks like they are planning a VF-1D and a Khakizaki VF-1A from the photos I have seen.  Not sure what else.

19 minutes ago, amptor said:

I got shipping notices for all 10 of my VT-1 Super Ostriches.  I feel like I went a bit overboard though since the colors don't match but I wanted to get as many as I got of VE-1 Elintseekers.

I'm hoping more good stuff will come out but I can wait.  Mainly I am looking forward to a VF-1D release.  It looks like they are planning a VF-1D and a Khakizaki VF-1A from the photos I have seen.  Not sure what else.

Where have you seen any evidence of a VF-1D?

I'm aware of the Kakizaki VF-1A prototype, though that was a while ago.

Opened up my Super flightless birds and I can finally say I've picked up an HMR VF-1 that wasn't a disappointment.

It's a fantastic rendition of one of my favorite valkyrie designs in a smaller scale. Including four different pilot figures was a good choice by Bandai and prompted me to get two. One for space flight, the other for when they're stranded on charred Earth (spoiler alert for a 34 year old movie, I guess).

It's far from perfect, though. The differences in the molded orange and painted orange parts is really noticeable in person; it's not just a camera thing. And the orange that Bandai chose looks really bland and washed out. My pics make it look more orange-y than it actually appears IRL.

Although I like the deeper orange used on the Yamato VT-1, neither of them have the orange just right. That honor goes to the Yamato VF-1D.

All the usual HMR quality issues are present. Both have some spots of sloppy oversprays and the UN Spacy kite was once again noticeably scratched on one of my copies. I took the "damaged" parts and used them for the copy representing the "stranded on Earth" part of the story. :p

I like it and enjoy having a Super Ostrich that I can whoosh around without worrying I might drop it and damage a really expensive toy.

48716531_HMRVT-101.jpg.4e48ef83d635d5f7217da35c78d11d95.jpg

1902080847_HMRVT-102.jpg.674ecf89a82dff1662cf08c0c8e1c843.jpg

1888153102_HMRVT-103.thumb.jpg.3d1463bfdb5e06635a3f079beaa8cc32.jpg

Hmmm suddenly have an urge to go pick up some orange dream bars...

5 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

It's a fantastic rendition of one of my favorite valkyrie designs in a smaller scale. Including four different pilot figures was a good choice by Bandai and prompted me to get two. One for space flight, the other for when they're stranded on charred Earth (spoiler alert for a 34 year old movie, I guess).

Looks like someone's going to make a tent and a mutated fish. ^_^ 

5 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

1888153102_HMRVT-103.thumb.jpg.3d1463bfdb5e06635a3f079beaa8cc32.jpg

I have both Yamato VF-1D and VT-1. I haven't played with it. Only now I realize that their orange are different. And I can't unsee that now. :shok:

But I have to agree I like the Yamato's VF-1D's orange color more. ;)

Really this version of the VT-1 launched by bandai has been a disappointment to me. I have all the figures of the Macross Hi-Metal R line and this is the first one that disappoints me. I really think that the difference of colors is unacceptable, more for the year 2018, and especially for a toy of 80 dollars. I buy two units, I will not shake my pulse to sell both without even opening them. A shame.

23 hours ago, Mommar said:

Hey sh9000 with your army of vf-1’s have you taken the opportunity to custom paint many of them?

23 hours ago, jvmacross said:

@sh9000....Pop on one of your VF-1D kit heads onto a HMR SuperO and you have yourself a nice hybrid...

You can do it! :drinks:

I haven’t received the VT-1 and it will be a while but I’ll be sure to be working on it.

Nice pics @Gundam@EFSF.

Apperentely DHL's shipping estimates are not exactly accurate. on my VT-1....LOL...Friday didn't happen, looks like it got held up in Cincinnati Customs, but is through now and prob be here Monday I would guess. Bummer---would have been nice to have over my Bday weeekend...:(

There are definitely orange color variations but overall still looks beautiful , can't wait to receive mine.

Here is a review that I didn't understand one bit of what is saying but like I said, overall  looks great, waiting on ScorchedEarthToys review :D 

Ok... perhaps another newbie question. I have ordered the OHM DYRL Max and Kakizaki VF-1As. It seems like it would be cheaper to buy 2 extras of the HMR Super VF-1A to get armor for them vs buying the OHM armor packs. Is there an easy source for Skull Squadron decals in 1/100 scale for the Super Armor?

Thanks

Decker

1 hour ago, Decker said:

Ok... perhaps another newbie question. I have ordered the OHM DYRL Max and Kakizaki VF-1As. It seems like it would be cheaper to buy 2 extras of the HMR Super VF-1A to get armor for them vs buying the OHM armor packs. Is there an easy source for Skull Squadron decals in 1/100 scale for the Super Armor?

Thanks

Decker

Try this thread: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/45147-decals-library/. ;)

On 8/18/2018 at 7:59 PM, Alex GS said:

There are definitely orange color variations but overall still looks beautiful , can't wait to receive mine.

Here is a review that I didn't understand one bit of what is saying but like I said, overall  looks great, waiting on ScorchedEarthToys review :D 

Does anyone know where I can find a rotating display stand like the one in the video with mirror finish?  Thanks!