Hi-Metal R

joppewo

59 minutes ago, TheLoneWolf said:

I always thought that the colors used on the Yamato v2 were a little off.

Unless my monitor is miscalibrated, the colors that Bandai's HMR uses is a better match with the colors chosen by the Macross Mecha Manual, which is pretty reliable.

That is still a color filled up by someone else.  The Yamato V2 appears to be on the red side in that picture, but it's a vivid orange yellow. Hasegawa suggests H24 for the orange.

Image result for tamiya h24 color

dyrl-ch-11.jpg

34 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Neither toy matches that illustration perfectly, but I prefer the rich orange of the Yamato over the washed out Bandai orange. 

I think the Yamato is the best representation, especially the large bubble canopy that extends to the chest plate.

2 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Sigh... also got a shipping notice from CDJapan.  Despite changing my address with them weeks ago, and sending them 2 emails after I noticed they were STILL shipping the vt-1 to my old address... they sent it out to my old address...

I think USPS has a rerouting option, but I know that costs money.  And I'm sure CDJapan won't cover that cost.  This is my first (and probably last) time using them.  If your system can't automatically update the shipping address of pre-ordered items, then you need to update your system.

Edit: Just checked and it looks like that is only available for domestic shipments... so... I'm not sure what to do.  I might try a change of address, but I'm not sure if this package will be redirected by that.  Anyone else ever run into a situation like this?

The change of address form will work (you can fill it out online too). The post office will forward just about everything sent to you at your old address to your new address, but it does have a time limit. The last time I used it after a move I think my mail was forwarded for three months or so.

25 minutes ago, Vi-RS said:

I think the Yamato is the best representation, especially the large bubble canopy that extends to the chest plate.

Yeah, the HMR canopy is too flat and elongated, and the wingtips are much too bulbous.

I may just repaint the orange myself.

2 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Just paid Ami Ami.

Went with Sal small packet registered.  So I'll get in either 9 days or 5 weeks.

I used SAL small packet for my VF-31c from Amiami and it took a month and a day from the post of exchange port to my house in YVR. I guess where the place of your residence might have a say in it and how long it takes to fill up the shipping crate as well.  

6 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Payment request from AmiAmi, they have chosen DHL shipping for me over EMS as they say it's cheaper..ok..whatevs.

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

Exact same thing with me. 

I believe that this is done by default to make sure that you don't screw up your shipping method as I got the same email of payment last night. Switched back to EMS and waiting for the correction notice (I actually had this notice when I ordered my Arcadia VF-1s Strike Roy and my DX VF-171EX Alto).

Forgive my ignorance, but when did the small V-stabs for the VE/T-1’s become an acceptable thing as the animation and line art show the regular stabs. It’s the one thing I hate about these variants without their packs on. Totally kills fighter mode for me.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

VF-1D Profile

schematic-vf1d.gif

VT-1 Profile

schematic-vt1.gif

VT-1 Ortho

vt-1-gerwalk.gif

vt-1-fighter.gif

Look pretty Normal sized to me...

EDIT

They're smaller on the Hasegawa kit though... that's likely where this compromise for the anime magic became standard.

10020299z11.jpg

D5 vs K9 [k9 is the standard valk stabilizer... it's greyed-out to signify "do not use"]

Edited by slide

They shrink significantly when the tail is folded over because the stabs dont sandwich like a regular VF1. So on a toy the size of HMR, you need to leave them shrunk to preserve the ability to mount Super Packs, which most people will be using as the default mode.

Yeah, look what's happening in GERWALK mode. the stabilizers somehow conform to the shape of the chest area in the line art. In reality they don't do that leaving the backpack much more vertical... unless you shrink the stabilizers.

Easiest method I've found is to buy pour-type Gundam markers (GM 301, 302, 303, etc...) and touch them (after getting them started) to a panel line, and let capillary action do the rest of the work. Clean-up with isopropyl on a swab, or a pentax hi-polymer eraser.

5 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Easiest method I've found is to buy pour-type Gundam markers (GM 301, 302, 303, etc...) and touch them (after getting them started) to a panel line, and let capillary action do the rest of the work. Clean-up with isopropyl on a swab, or a pentax hi-polymer eraser.

ta mate

2 hours ago, Duymon said:

buy florys for panel lining. not reactive at all and super easy to clean up

Totally second this!  It's all I use now and so much easier now.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why buying Macross items via Amazon may not be a good idea. I'm not sure where I should direct my anger first - the seller for shipping this in a padded envelope, or my mail carrier for literally cramming it into my box. While I have every intention of opening this, I am quite dismayed at its condition.

IMG_20180814_143023.jpg

IMG_20180814_143036.jpg

21 hours ago, Axelay said:

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why buying Macross items via Amazon may not be a good idea. I'm not sure where I should direct my anger first - the seller for shipping this in a padded envelope, or my mail carrier for literally cramming it into my box. While I have every intention of opening this, I am quite dismayed at its condition.

IMG_20180814_143023.jpg

IMG_20180814_143036.jpg

Ouch! The seller is a complete ass for shipping that internationally (or any other way) in just a padded envelope. Might as well be a regular envelope since the padding does nothing to prevent it from being crushed.