Hi-Metal R

joppewo

7 hours ago, Jwwu said:

Hi everyone! My first post on this forum. I’m a Transformers collector but got hooked into Macross when Bandai announced their new 1/48 VF-1J. Was late in pre-ordering that and now looking to collect HMRs instead... I love the fact that they’ve got enemy mecha!

I’m about to drop a load of cash on the now-rare HMRs, including the armored one and the 2 VF-1Ss... but wanted to ask if these will ever get re-issued? If there’s no history of re-issuing, I’ll go ahead to pull the trigger...

It may be cheaper to just by the 1/48 on release day than to buy an aftermarket HMR 1J with Armor lol

HMR are fun little figs but the 1/48 is going to be a beast.

Definitely go for the HMR mechs though; they’re great. 

12 hours ago, sidearmsalpha said:

Is anyone doing custom HMR side covers for Battroid mode? It bugs me that Bandai would include the part to cover the area around the head but not side covers. 

Someone was working on additional parts for HMR VF-1s a while back, and there was some talk of the side covers. No updates in a while, to my knowledge.

Here's the thread:

And @Jwwu, as someone else who missed the first few HMR releases, I'd also suggest going ahead and buying any you might want, with no likelihood of re-releases and secondary market prices going up.

7 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Someone was working on additional parts for HMR VF-1s a while back, and there was some talk of the side covers. No updates in a while, to my knowledge.

Here's the thread:

And @Jwwu, as someone else who missed the first few HMR releases, I'd also suggest going ahead and buying any you might want, with no likelihood of re-releases and secondary market prices going up.

Thanks for the good advice, all!

In the past 3 days I have been scrambling to pick up all the HMRs that appeared in TV / DYRL. Jumped feet-first into Mandarake and Jungle, which I’ve never tried before. I’ve caught up now (only one copy of each release, unlike some of folks here!) and just waiting for Ostrich. 

8 hours ago, Jwwu said:

In the past 3 days I have been scrambling to pick up all the HMRs that appeared in TV / DYRL. Jumped feet-first into Mandarake and Jungle, which I’ve never tried before. I’ve caught up now (only one copy of each release, unlike some of folks here!) and just waiting for Ostrich. 

Can't go wrong with Manda and Jungle.

You can still pre-order the Super O from AmiAmi and HLJ.

Amiami: https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-038326

HLJ: https://hlj.com/product/BANN25875 (might be listed in CND as I'm located in VYR. Use the XE Currency converter for your specific place of residency)

Note: You might have to clear your cookies from your browser if the image doesn't show up.

I believe that the other suppliers have "Order Stop" posted.

12 hours ago, Jwwu said:

Welcome and enjoy the fun.

25 minutes ago, Vi-RS said:

Found these pictures on fb. Bandai should have followed what Yamato did by molding the plastic in orange with beige color painted. Wrong move.

92B3C45A-D290-4755-A5BE-75FBBBA8160A.jpeg

B9122574-80F9-4190-AC54-A1BB1A9E7DF8.jpeg

Hmmm.

Is it just the lighting on those?  Rather flat

To compare, the orange on the valk from inside this box pic is a bit more vivid than those:

http://toysdaily.com/discuz/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=257945&pid=7877290

110305gmvsrhm4y3sh4ykv.jpg

27 minutes ago, Vi-RS said:

Found these pictures on fb. Bandai should have followed what Yamato did by molding the plastic in orange with beige color painted. Wrong move.

92B3C45A-D290-4755-A5BE-75FBBBA8160A.jpeg

Well, cameras usually pick up colors more than our eyes. Same happens for exsmple with the painted lower legs and the molded intakes from the yamato 1/60 Kakizaki TV 1A (you can spot the difference in pictures but the colors are very close in person).

1 hour ago, Jwwu said:

Hi everyone. Wanted to ask what kind of stands do people typically use for HMR figures (Valks and Destroids)? Something cheap and simple would be ideal. Not sure what’s difference between the Tamashii stages... thanks 

Tamashii Stage Act 5 for mechanics.

I suspect those pictures are intentionally taken with lighting to highlight the discrepancy in colors but I also suspect the reason for doing this was to point out that even under normal lighting you can see a difference (though I'm sure it wouldn't be nearly as pronounced). 

Man I was actually looking forward to the HMR VT-1, as I really love the design. The color difference between the paint and plastic will probably be much less pronounced in person, but we'll see. 

However, I can tell the difference between the Kakizaki painted legs and molded intakes, but they have the benefit of not being right next to each other, so that example does not inspire confidence. 

Of more concern to me is the seemingly dull orange Bandai went with compared to the rich orange of the Yamato. Here's hoping it's just a lighting issue and the actual product is deliciously orange. 

PSA: for those still looking for the HMR Ostrich, as of 8/10/18 noon PDT Amazon Japan currently has it for ¥7,808 (even though it lists it at¥8,433 -> add to cart and price drops).  That comes to about $72.92.  Shipping is another $11.20 (and Amazon shipping is fast!  Gets to you in 1-4 days) -> Total price around $84.12USD.  

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07C9NDSZR/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AN1VRQENFRJN5&psc=1

Edit: ...and gone.

Edited by dafob

Orders for the HMR Super O are opened up at AmiAmi. For those how have pre-ordered already from there way back (myself included), hopefully that they will send you the notices of payment soon.

Note: I know that you can edit your shipping options; however, it says this in asterisks:

*** Our store reserves the right to modify the shipping method and/or payment method of orders at our discretion. ***

Edit: Already did change the shipping to EMS from SAL a minute ago. Not going to risk loosing this order. If you want to change it, change it now before they send you the billing notice.

Here's the email reply:

PLEASE NOTE: A new invoice will be sent for in-stock orders that have been modified. These orders will not be available for payment until a new invoice has been sent during our business hours. We ask for your patience and understanding.

Anyone have experience with CDjapan support?  I recently changed my shipping address, but they have my VT-1 set to "shipping in process" to my old address (I dunno why they are using that address, you think they would use the updated one).  The only contact I could find was info@cdjapan.co.jp.

I suppose I can re-route it after they ship it if necessary, but I'm pretty sure that isn't cheap. 

Anyone know a better way to contact cdjapan customer support?  I emailed info, but I don't know if that will do anything.

28 minutes ago, Jwwu said:

I had checked NY earlier and this wasn’t available. Is it now popping up because someone cancelled on a pre-order? Or maybe NY received move stock than pre-ordered? Is this a common phenomenon?

They say "not available" once pre-orders are filled, but before it's released. Once it's released it'll go to "in stock".

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Man I was actually looking forward to the HMR VT-1, as I really love the design. The color difference between the paint and plastic will probably be much less pronounced in person, but we'll see. 

However, I can tell the difference between the Kakizaki painted legs and molded intakes, but they have the benefit of not being right next to each other, so that example does not inspire confidence. 

Of more concern to me is the seemingly dull orange Bandai went with compared to the rich orange of the Yamato. Here's hoping it's just a lighting issue and the actual product is deliciously orange. 

In the HMR line, Bandai's track record of matching paint and plastic colors seems to be pretty good. I went back and looked at Max and Milia's VF-1Js, and they just about nailed it there. the VF-1A CF is also very good, if not as close of a match. I'm hopeful that what we actually get on the VT-1 will look better than the above photos.

2 hours ago, Vi-RS said:

Found another picture under direct natural light, not trying to create chaos but you can tell the discoloration which is greater than The Yamato.

I'm sure it's noticeable to naked eye but contrast won't be so stark. Looks fine to me so long as they can figure out which leg armor goes to the right leg and which goes to the left and manage to pack one of each properly into the box unlike they did with the Hikkie VF-1A. Isn't that just like toy making 101?