Hi-Metal R

joppewo

7 hours ago, borgified said:

Look at the box art for Hikaru's and Roy's Strike VF-1s above on technoblue's post. It's the same valk, just add the needed changes to the colour and background (unless you want it like the ET boxart for their VF-2ss).  

I’m fully aware and no I don’t want the ET box art.

56 minutes ago, Big s said:

The copy of the Roy and hikaru vf1s was due to the web exclusive recolor. Most past releases that were exclusives had no color, but lately a few items like millia’s 1j were more creative.

Yeah one recolored box art doesn’t necessarily imply that everything going forward will also be like this.

On 7/13/2018 at 11:13 PM, seti88 said:

more explosions for your HMR .... 

info.png.41ac7b6ea7716c9d096c5dc4c40e12be.png

also a photo contest with background wallpapers at the bottom of the page... http://tamashii.jp/special/robot_explosion/ ....

What in the hell are those things?  Looks like some evil spore monsters from a B-movie.

5 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Are the explosion effects available for pre-order yet?  I'm having trouble finding them through the usual retailers.

I think these are promo items and not sale items. You gotta purchase one of the Robot Spirits or HMR during the window and it'll have a chance to get the explosions. Pink ones start on 7/14 and brown ones on 7/25. 

Edited by wmkjr

6 hours ago, amptor said:

Any idea when we might be seeing prototypes of the VF-1D?

Good question........in fact it is the only VF-1 we have never seen a prototype for.....as for everything else, we also have not seen a prototype for the Q-Rau (TV and DYRL) and N-Ger (TV)...everything else is just a matter of repaints....and maybe the Regult Scout, but would that just be a matter of some new plastic add-on pieces?

And if you want to start wish listing again....there's the VF-X-4....and other's like the Star Goose, Lancer II, Gnerl and Rabbit...:rolleyes: (some are already available via EXO)....

6 hours ago, jenius said:

Is there a Tamashii nations event in Japan every October? It would seem like that would be a good time to make a big Macross splash again. 

Seeing at how the recent tamashii summer event had zero coverage for macross, this Octobers event indeed would be ideal for macross announcements.
I cant find any schedule information of the TN event for this year yet, perhaps its buried somewhere in the japaneses sites..

Besides that tho i think the big splash would be any information on new macross series coming up...

On 7/16/2018 at 8:23 AM, sh9000 said:

792E7BD0-6E68-4756-AFDD-DE530C2591F1.jpeg.58a436e98b57ff71c108c4f06e44d73f.jpeg

I just bought this magazine.  Hopefully the stickers are intact.

Hey sh9000. That's a cute Minmay cover. :wub: 

Btw, stickers for what if you don't mind my asking.

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey sh9000. That's a cute Minmay cover. :wub: 

Btw, stickers for what if you don't mind my asking.

Stickers to make a HM VF-1J into a VF-1J from Macross The First.  I’m going to put them on a HMR VF-1J and try modifying the head.

1 hour ago, fenrir72 said:

Yesssssssssssssss! Thanks!

No problem.

3 hours ago, borgified said:

Pre-owned but not a bad price.

Too bad they don’t have anymore Monsters with box damage for 13600 JPY.

6 hours ago, hachi said:

I wish they'd reissue the Tamashii Stage ACT TRIDENT PLUS. That one I'd buy.

I'll be getting a few of these as well upon reissue. Got two sets of the Stage Act 5 clear and the Action Base 4 and 5 clear.

9 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Jungle had HMR VF-1J Armored Valkyrie for a little cheaper than what they go for right now so I bought it.

8 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Ah, so you're the one. I'm interested to see how bad it is, since they listed at B grade.

This is what Jungle mentioned in the How to Use section of the grades (copied it from their website and post it here)

In JUNGLE we basically sell 3 kinds of products:

conditionicon_s_en
SEALED item:Item new in sealed box.

conditionicon_a_en
“A grade item”: Used item in a near mint-condition.

conditionicon_b_en
“B grade item”: The item has been removed from packaging and displayed in a show case.

I've bought five "Grade B" items form them and they where in good condition as display items (three 1/60 and two 1/48 ) just only the boxes where dented and slightly scratched up. If a slight scratch has been found on the valk, they would mention in the listing, It depends if your picky about having pristine boxes or slightly dinged up ones for a slight discount (and it depends on the financial situation that you're currently  in as well). 

Curious to see your HMR VF-1J Armoured valk upon getting it @sh9000.