Hi-Metal R

joppewo

17 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I know they don't sell well but we need more enemy mecha.

Yes we do.

I've heard this "they don't sell well" thing all the time. But what exactly is it that does not sell, when and where?

Is this not referring to ye olde kits made back in the day, rather than the actual current HMR?

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

F828C494-0281-46FA-B8F8-4F5394404B85.thumb.jpeg.bef9795eedaa36b9fabb5f7a9b3632b4.jpeg

I can’t wait to get them!

Where does one get those??!

9 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

Any other means of getting these? Would PMing EXO through MW be a pre-ordering option?  I'll be twice damned to the darkest dankest pit of Tarterus before I ever sign up to Facebook.

I'm wondering this as well. I want those, but not enough to sign my digital soul away to Facebook.

9 hours ago, slide said:

Where does one get those??!

1 hour ago, mechaninac said:

Any other means of getting these? Would PMing EXO through MW be a pre-ordering option?  I'll be twice damned to the darkest dankest pit of Tarterus before I ever sign up to Facebook.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm wondering this as well. I want those, but not enough to sign my digital soul away to Facebook.

I can pm the email address.  If you are a new customer then you can see what he says because he sent out an email in April about new organization.  He’ll still be dealing with people that he’s dealt with before and through referrals only.

4 hours ago, Saviant said:

I finally got one of my favourite Hi Metal R figures in the mail today, took me 2 months to find one at a reasonable price, thankfully all the super parts are correct.

IMG_3029.JPG

Nice! :good:

Regarding the boxart, I’m curious. Is the image behind the window panel area a black and white photo or a pic of a black skull squadron heat shield VF-1?

Yeah, the black and white strip is a neat artsy box art design used for most of the HM-R Valkyrie releases. Props to @jenius again for the images.

Bandai-HMR-VE-1-21.jpg

Messer's VF-1S, Sylvie's VF-2SS, the HM-R Destroids, and all the non-Macross HM-R releases (I think), have full color box art images.

Edited by technoblue
clarity

Actually...I just remembered that Arcadia did pay Tenjin to grace the box cover to their 30th Anniversary 'tuxedo" valk....

s-l1000.jpg

In doing so Arcadia apparently depleted their "awesome boxart" budget for the last 5 years......sadly, I am thinking they have been scraping some savings from all the PF sales and will probably pay him again for the upcoming 35th anniversary "shelf warmer"....:db:

ar02-1.jpg

What better way to celebrate such a great franchise than by releasing a collectible no one wants with pretty boxart!  :bigshok: :drinks:

Edited by jvmacross

The new anniversary paint scheme isn't too awful in fighter mode... I think it's just a bit busy. If I recall from my youth with hot-rods, the rule was three colors. If the new anniversary paint scheme swapped out the white for more black it might have worked. 

6 hours ago, jvmacross said:

It took a while but we finally have Macross toys that look pretty close to the awesome illustrations printed on the boxes! :good::clapping::drinks:

Some of my favorite Macross box art.

6 hours ago, jenius said:

Indeed!

Miria-HMR-VF-1J-4.jpg

Bandai-HMR-Max-VF-1J-10.jpg

Great poses.  

5 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Nice job matching the poses. Though it does call attention to the missing gun straps. (Enter @sh9000 for that...)

I love replicating poses.  I’ve been thinking about posing each of the toys like their box art, gun straps included if needed.

12 hours ago, Saviant said:

It is a black and white photo of the vf-1a

9 hours ago, technoblue said:

Yeah, the black and white strip is a neat artsy box art design used for most of the HM-R Valkyrie releases. Props to @jenius again for the images.

Bandai-HMR-VE-1-21.jpg

Messer's VF-1S, Sylvie's VF-2SS, the HM-R Destroids, and all the non-Macross HM-R releases (I think), have full color box art images.

Thanks guys! I didn't notice it at first that it was a black and white photo of the item itself. I do agree that it would be nice if the whole Tenjin image bleeds to where the black and white image is. ;)

21 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I do agree that it would be nice if the whole Tenjin image bleeds to where the black and white image is. ;)

Sorry...but that's what Tejin $ortie books are for...:acute:

Where's my Fouth Sortie book??? :search:

Edited by jvmacross

46 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Sorry...but that's what Tejin $ortie books are for...:acute:

Where's my Fouth Sortie book??? :search:

That's true. In all its full color glory sans logos, labels, and whatnots. :rolleyes:

So even though I don't collect HMR besides the few I have, there's the Sortie book to fill my Macross addiction. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

8 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Actually...I just remembered that Arcadia did pay Tenjin to grace the box cover to their 30th Anniversary 'tuxedo" valk....

In doing so Arcadia apparently depleted their "awesome boxart" budget for the last 5 years......sadly, I am thinking they have been scraping some savings from all the PF sales and will probably pay him again for the upcoming 35th anniversary "shelf warmer"....:db:

What better way to celebrate such a great franchise than by releasing a collectible no one wants with pretty boxart!  :bigshok: :drinks:

well, they can just make it a Premium Finish ver to save the Boxart money.   it'll  just be all black.:p

6 hours ago, Scyla said:

Is there a Bandai stand that just contains the pose-able armatures?

I need some for my VF-2SS Auto Attack Bits but I don't the rest of the stuff that is included with the Tamashii Stage Act 4 (https://hlj.com/product/BANR63159).

They dont just sell just the pose-able arms.  

But if you want some KO ver of them, you can get them for a pretty cheap price. $1.47 SHIPPED each.   4 color to chose from.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bracket-Model-Soul-Bracket-Stand-For-Stage-Act-Robot-Saint-Seiya-Toy-Figure/32840148876.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_3_10152_10151_10065_10344_10130_10068_10324_10547_10342_10325_10546_10343_10340_10548_10341_10545_10696_10084_10083_10618_10307_10846_10059_100031_10103_524_10624_10623_10622_10621_10620,searchweb201603_2,ppcSwitch_5&algo_expid=753ea798-84fd-45dd-b4c7-e6c3e16ab384-14&algo_pvid=753ea798-84fd-45dd-b4c7-e6c3e16ab384&transAbTest=ae803_2&priceBeautifyAB=0

7 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I wouldn’t mind if they got Tenjin to do the box art for the VF-2SS Nexx.

It's possible that the art for Nexx's VF-2ss will have the same artwork and look as Silvie's. Just replace the red with the blue and voila (minus the additional artwork for the gunpod storage)!

Look at the box art for Hikaru's and Roy's Strike VF-1s above on technoblue's post. It's the same valk, just add the needed changes to the colour and background (unless you want it like the ET boxart for their VF-2ss).