Hi-Metal R

joppewo

19 hours ago, sh9000 said:

@tekering nice hangar.  Your 1/144 scale city was great too.  Do you have plans to make a city in 1/100 scale?

No, the city will remain 1:150 (except for a little forced-perspective here and there), but I intend to reduce much of it to rubble.

In the meantime, I'm working on a 1:12 scale city alley diorama...  ^_^

5b435aa6f0aff_alleyWIP.thumb.jpg.4ef94be2bf9405eb8adb43f89615f5ac.jpg

13 hours ago, tekering said:

No, the city will remain 1:150 (except for a little forced-perspective here and there), but I intend to reduce much of it to rubble.

In the meantime, I'm working on a 1:12 scale city alley diorama...  ^_^

5b435aa6f0aff_alleyWIP.thumb.jpg.4ef94be2bf9405eb8adb43f89615f5ac.jpg

How have you constructed this stuff?

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

How have you constructed this stuff?

Actually, most of it's just repurposed accessories from other toy lines...

junk.thumb.jpg.1001d0f638dc096532be05a28eb8b1f8.jpg

DST, McFarlane, NECA, Hasbro...  There's all sorts of useful stuff out there.  ^_^

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Actually, most of it's just repurposed accessories from other toy lines...

junk.thumb.jpg.1001d0f638dc096532be05a28eb8b1f8.jpg

DST, McFarlane, NECA, Hasbro...  There's all sorts of useful stuff out there.  ^_^

A toilet? 

Isn't there only 1 of those on the entire space ship Enterprise?

3 hours ago, Black Valkyrie said:

and what happened to the Black GBP VF-1A, that was shown not so long ago. 

I just finished rewatching episode 27 of SDFM yesterday and that would be a nice variant to have.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Not sure if this has been posted before. I just stumbled onto it over YouTube.

Yeah @arbit posted about it.

Edited by sh9000

4 hours ago, Black Valkyrie said:

what happened to the Black GBP VF-1A, that was shown not so long ago

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

I just finished rewatching episode 27 of SDFM yesterday and that would be a nice variant to have.

What, the one labeled "Itano the Pervert?"

pervert.thumb.jpg.e893d42d95815fdcfd705079a2d89f00.jpg

I doubt that's canon, any more than those Phalanx Destroids are.

3 hours ago, tekering said:

Probably just as canon as the Cavaliers and Alaska Base VF-1's....they just haven't had a shot at a toy release yet....except for the Cavaliers...these "blink and you miss them" mechs all deserve a release in toy form...

ep05-vf1cavaliers.jpg

macross-alaska-base-ratatarse-factory.jp

I would need to check my lineart books but I think there is lineart for the alternate Phalanx....

destroid-phalanx-screencapture.jpg

Non-canon in my opinion would only include obvious errors like the infamous Robotech YF-1R or goof-ups from StarPro...and the Orguss-1A, which was purposefully drawn as an easter egg/joke....

The color variations above to me are valid and canon....makes sense to me that not all Phalanx and GBP's would all be painted the same...

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

The color variations above to me are valid and canon....makes sense to me that not all Phalanx and GBP's would all be painted the same...

I agree, and think a dark HMR VF-1A with GBP would be cool, and also a way for people to catch up on the GBP if they missed it the initial release. Given some of the repaints we've seen so far, I think it's reasonable that Bandai might produce them. They might even be able to find a way to have the valk itself double as a Cavaliers version.

As for the Phalanx, I think we'd see a brown/tan version from Bandai before a blue one.

13 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Bandai HMR should release the TV GBP...as hinted at here....multiple insta-buys assured...

IMG_1112.JPG

Then release the GBP-1A "Ai wa Nagareru" edition as a Tamashii websclusive......mutiple insta-buys....at least from me! :rolleyes:

At some point we need to start getting releases from row 4.:wub:

Edited by Podtastic

11 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

At some point we need to start getting releases from row 4.:wub:

Hmm.. We all know that the Super O is being released in the latter week of August/first week of September and art of the N-Ger has been shown done by Tenjin, is it plausible that the N-Ger might be the works?  

If a TWE offering of M&M's Q-rau in a combo set does get made, count me in! Even a single release of the one in green and white will suffice for me as well. ^_^      

The bottom row are the items I want most, but I would definitely buy whatever others on that teaser sheet that have yet to be released.

honestly, I’m surprised about the amount of stuff from that list that have come out. Only a couple of years back most of these were just wishful thoughts.

Thay should release the Blue Phalanx with two alternative decals:

One with the girl and the other with "Mari Ijima", so you can have both versions shown there

On 10-07-2018 at 8:20 AM, tekering said:

What, the one labeled "Itano the Pervert?"

pervert.thumb.jpg.e893d42d95815fdcfd705079a2d89f00.jpg

19 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I know they don't sell well but we need more enemy mecha.

Judging by the prices, it looks like the Regults actually did pretty well.  The Glaug... not so much.

Maybe the lesson for bandai is that obvious army builders are the way to go, so maybe we won't see a DYRL Miria Q-Rau, and just a tv green one.  I'd be fine with that.

4 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Thay should release the Blue Phalanx with two alternative decals:

One with the girl and the other with "Mari Ijima", so you can have both versions shown there

I believe that there are actually three variations of the Blue Phalanx. Mari Ijima, Mika Doi, and DAICON.