Hi-Metal R

joppewo

5 minutes ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

Got one from NY. Does anybody know how to cancel a preorder from them? I don't see any option to edit my orders, do you have to write a letter or something? 

Yeah, sorta. Use the 'Live Chat' box at the bottom right of the screen to talk to a rep and request cancellation. From what I've read there is less chance of them blacklisting you if you use chat instead of emailing them...

59 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

To cancel at CDJ, just go to the order page and click cancel.  If it was preordered and paid with paypal, you’ll immediately get the refund.

Thanks for the heads up on that, cancelled at CDJ and went with NY. It may take me an extra week to get the item but since it looks like Sylvie with a new hat, I'm not too put off by that.

11 hours ago, sh9000 said:

And yet, still available at NY. ;) 

6 hours ago, HG Blows said:

Probably cancelling my order with hlj, since ny has it.  Jeez, what is with the price difference?  

This is just a heads up in case you haven't check recent HLJ move on people cancelling orders. Make sure you just minimize cancellation with them so your account will not be suspended.

4 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Not a particularly hyped release. Personally, mostly wanted it for completion's sake rather than anything. And couldn't be bothered to wake up at a stupid hour to preorder it. Pretty sure had I missed it, it wouldn't have been difficult to secure one on release day at retail.

I had preordered the first one too. And upon release, it was available for retail without any mark-up for at least a few weeks. I assume it'll be the same this time around.  Anyways, no issues as it was still available in most stores when I got up, picked one from NY -_-

I wonder if the amount of Macross II pieces produced is lower than your average HMR VF?

I see you haven't fell out of love with NY yet. That's good. ^_^ 

2 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Skipping this one.  I've got first VF-2SS with red markings.   Another one with blue markings isn't that much a difference for me.

Not just the blue markings I hope. Having an extra big gunpod that can be mounted on the leg armor, that's a big difference too. Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

50 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

And yet, still available at NY. ;) 

That’s good.

48 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Not just the blue markings I hope. Having an extra big gunpod that can be mounted on the leg armor, that's a big difference too. Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

And the Nexx pilot figure won’t have boobs.  B))

38 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'll be honest, I wasn't planning to get one, but with how cheap it was at NY...

That's good. That still shows how much people here really loves NY in spite of. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Hey, I'm honest about what NY is. It's the absolute lowest price, period. Because they cut corners in customer service.

Hahaha! I'm just being sarcastic, sir. And I'm still using them for Tamashii Exclusive. Just sayin'. :lol: 

4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Hey, I'm honest about what NY is. It's the absolute lowest price, period. Because they cut corners in customer service.

Izzat a trick answer? :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally happy Mac II fans are getting some good quality HM-R love, I just wish Bandai would finish out SDF Macross before they move to much further away from it.  I know the Destroids prob don't sell as well as VF-1's, but I gotta believe they will give us the last two. 

So I wasn't able to go online the last couple of days. Sign on today to a pleasant surprise that Nexx was still available at NY. I figured I was going to be stressed out finding it somewhere.

I'm glad for the easy pickup but hopefully the slow sales don't mean we won't get a yellow, green, or acrobatic team colors (I'll gladly take TWE). Even worse, I hope that it doesn't mean Bandai won't invest anything further into Macross II.

Just now, Sanity is Optional said:

Honestly, I'm hoping they put Macross II on the backburner for a while, and give us some Zentradi stuff and Desdroids. Or hell, a new valk entirely.

Yeah man, we need some more Zentradi stuff.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:07 PM, RDX17 said:

Just listened to Tochiro's SpeakerPODcast EP.81 and he mentioned a recent JPIA TV interview with Julian Oreska of Bandai Tamashii Nations. I've only just started watching the interview, but I think folks here will be quite interested in the Hi Metal R information shared: 

We need a second interview request with Mr. Oreska to find out where this HM-R thing is heading to next.....and find out if the 1/35 VF-1, 1/1800 SDF-1 and DX VF-1will ever happen! :unknw:

16 hours ago, fenrir72 said:

I ordered the Nexx Valkyrie. So the Silvie figure actually had bewbs?:wacko:

Yes.

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

So is Bandai done milking the VF-2SS HM-R mold after the Nexx...or will we get Tamashii websclusives of the Faerie Squadron 'yellow"....and the "green" version to conclude the run?

vf-2ss-womans-battroid_small.gif vf-2ss-green-battroid_small.gif

512B88C4-23C4-4F56-9E0F-8BF2DC43DFA0.gif.e5079647a69877fe6b3cff7326b67127.gif

56639F14-06C8-45E3-8316-AB53F584001F.gif.0c3faebe5ae403390b6d496e2e38e35a.gif

They could milk the mold with these two as well.

I just received my first modern Hi-Metal toy of any kind this afternoon, a Hikaru 1A Super ordered via Mykombini on Ebay. I hadn't purchased any Macross toys for about 7-8 years, and had sold my sizeable collection in mid-2015. I had missed out on the earlier 1/100 Hi-Metal toys as I had been pretty deeply ensconced in the Yamato ecosystem and hadn't really seen the point of them back in the day due to the then-current price/scale factor, but nowadays that situation seems to have been inverted (Will wonders never cease? Smaller-scale toys are now  available for less money than their larger-scale brethren? Wow!)

Of late I've really been feeling the itch for a VF-1 to mess with on desk duty, and the HMR seemed just the ticket.

Pardon the superlatives, but what a great little toy this is! I had watched a few video reviews of the recent releases (thanks as always Jenius!) but still didn't know what sort of experience really awaited me in terms of handling and aesthetics. I am very pleasantly surprised and impressed by the quality of sculpt, detail, and the rather nice sense of heft and tactile feel from this little valk in full-dress Super form. In my opinion it is every bit as nice to play with as a Yammie 1/48, and maybe even a little nicer! The jointwork is all nice and tight, and the "heft factor" versus size recalls the original Hi-Metal 1/55s and even the 1/60 V.1 Yamatos. This little valkyrie looks great on my desk and is so far a joy to handle. Job very well done, Bandai!

I doubt that I will ever become a valk-squadron completionist again, but I think that I can now understand why a lot of people are in relation to this series... How I wish that we had these 15 years ago.

I'm happy to report no issues with my leg armor, although they were assembled backwards as received - thanks to all of the posters in this thread for your observations and anecdotes in alerting me to potential issues - it is much appreciated.