Hi-Metal R

joppewo

10 minutes ago, apptt4 said:

is everyone comfortable ordering without insurance and tracking (SAL)? my 1/60 orders I always paid a bit more for that, but here I'm probably okay risking it. would you even say it is much of a risk?

if you are asking that question that normally mean you are uncomfortable without tracking and or insurance. 

16 minutes ago, apptt4 said:

is everyone comfortable ordering without insurance and tracking (SAL)? my 1/60 orders I always paid a bit more for that, but here I'm probably okay risking it. would you even say it is much of a risk?

I always go for the cheapest shipping whatever that is.

9 minutes ago, apptt4 said:

It's one of those calculations where you have to weigh in how you'd react if your package went MIA without any recourse to resolve it... can you afford, financially and/or emotionally, to lose your money?  The answer often depends on the particular item in question... it's monetary value as well as its desirability to you, including its availability to be replaced.  I submit that the monetary value of the item, depending on the amount, can be offset, if something does go FUBAR, by the savings accrued over many successful SAL deliveries, so there is that bit of solace.  Chances of something going wrong are small, but if it does happen then it becomes 100%.

If the item is a general release item, nothing more than SAL Registered is really necessary.  If the item is an exclusive, or high demand, or high ticket, nothing less than SAL Registered should ever be considered, and you'd be better off with EMS or FedEx. 

5 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Anyone else getting an 01 Error code with that link???

Edit:  Never mind, it worked after a couple of tries.  Order placed for one, and done.

Edited by mechaninac

13 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I always go for the cheapest shipping whatever that is.

thanks for your experience

12 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

It's one of those calculations where you have to weigh in how you'd react if your package went MIA without any recourse to resolve it... can you afford, financially and/or emotionally, to lose your money?  The answer often depends on the particular item in question... it's monetary value as well as its desirability to you, including its availability to be replaced.  I submit that the monetary value of the item, depending on the amount, can be offset, if something does go FUBAR, by the savings accrued over many successful SAL deliveries, so there is that bit of solace.  Chances of something going wrong are small, but if it does happen then it becomes 100%.

If the item is a general release item, nothing more than SAL Registered is really necessary.  If the item is an exclusive, or high demand, or high ticket, nothing less than SAL Registered should ever be considered, and you'd be better off with EMS or FedEx. 

pretty much how I feel, thanks for replying.

13 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

cheers for the link, ordered :)

11 minutes ago, apptt4 said:

thanks for your experience

pretty much how I feel, thanks for replying.

cheers for the link, ordered :)

NP! I don’t get caught up worrying about something happening to my packages in the 21st century. If something happens and the shipper won’t help me, I always pay by credit card and I know they will help me so again, no worries. 

Still on the fence about this one.  There is a disturbing lack of pictures available for something that is on pre-order now, but I guess it is just a repaint of the existing vf-2ss, except for the one leg armor and the new gun.

I'll probably skip it and if it ends up on discount, I might grab one.  I enjoyed the Sylvie release, but not enough to want a whole squad.

I decided I already had Sylvie, so I wasn't going to set my alarm to wake up and place an order for this.

Back with the Sylvie HMR, I managed to comfortably get a PO in at CDJapan well into my normal morning hours after the pre-orders had opened.  So, I figured I'd just check when I got in to work today.  If any Nexx's were still available from AmiAmi, HLJ, or CDJ, then I'd PO one.  Otherwise, I still have Sylvie, so I can do without or maybe get one on release.

I check this morning and all three of my store options have them available.  I decide what the hell and PO one.  I decided to use AmiAmi.

40 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

thanks for the link, too late I had already ordered mine at Amiami. Maybe the lesson to learn is, next time no need to get up for HMR preorders :)

In my experience with Amiami I just let the payment deadline pass and then they cancel the order for you.  I’ve made many placeholder preorders with them in the past and haven’t bought from them in a long time.  My account is still fine too.

26 minutes ago, HG Blows said:

Probably cancelling my order with hlj, since ny has it.  Jeez, what is with the price difference?  

Yeah even with EMS shipping, NY is 13880 JPY shipped before HLJ’s initial price of 14000 JPY without factoring in shipping.  But if I were to only buy one VF-2SS Nexx, I would have chosen Eco SAL for a total of 12270 JPY shipped.  Significant difference.

:) Got in my preorder for Nex Gilbert's VF-2SS early this morning.

Not about to miss out on the Macross II love while Bandai's actually showing it for once.

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

thanks for the link, too late I had already ordered mine at Amiami. Maybe the lesson to learn is, next time no need to get up for HMR preorders :)

Be very careful with that thought as it is definitely not always the case. 

Not a particularly hyped release. Personally, mostly wanted it for completion's sake rather than anything. And couldn't be bothered to wake up at a stupid hour to preorder it. Pretty sure had I missed it, it wouldn't have been difficult to secure one on release day at retail.

I had preordered the first one too. And upon release, it was available for retail without any mark-up for at least a few weeks. I assume it'll be the same this time around.  Anyways, no issues as it was still available in most stores when I got up, picked one from NY -_-

I wonder if the amount of Macross II pieces produced is lower than your average HMR VF?