Hi-Metal R

joppewo

26 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I really don't get the hold up with the last 2 Destroids...the Zen bad guys stuff I get I guess because of historical figures showing baddies don't sell well, but come on Bandai...a FEW more non VF-1 SDF Macross releases WILL sell, getting annoyed slightly with the trickle of releases.<_<

All the other Destroids have been available on clearance so...

Anyways, I'm in no hurry. When they make them, I will buy. Until then, money saved!

7 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

2018 has been really poor in terms of Macross HMR Releases / Announcements 

That's because they went and sullied up the line with non-Macross releases :nea:....include those and they are on track with about 6-7 releases every 12 months since they R-eebooted the HM line...

56 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

That's because they went and sullied up the line with non-Macross releases :nea:....include those and they are on track with about 6-7 releases every 12 months since they R-eebooted the HM line...

The non Macross releases are some of the best figures to come from HMR or any other toy line. They are a great representation of more obscure mecha with the same (or might I say more) passion put into them as the Macross stuff. A very welcome addition to my collection and a testament to how great the HMR line is to anyone who has them!

Edited by Slave IV

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

The non Macross releases are some of the best figures to come from HMR or any other toy line. They are a great representation of more obscure mecha with the same (or might I say more) passion put into them as the Macross stuff. A very welcome addition to my collection and a testament to how great the HMR line is to anyone who has them!

Sorry, you didn't convince me....to me they are garbage taking up valuable Macross release slots....;)

HMR should have stayed as a Macross-only line...

9 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Sorry, you didn't convince me....to me they are garbage taking up valuable Macross release slots....;)

Oh well, not really trying to convince you. Anyways, your loss, more cool toys for others who enjoy great toys beyond one line. I'll take more Macross HMR all day too!

9 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Would it be economically viable like that?  Maybe, maybe not.  Remember, this is Hi-metal "reboot" (or whatever you want the R to stand for).  There was a previous line that failed.

There are probably a ton of reasons why the first line failed, but having HMR incorporate more than Macross probably makes it more economically viable.  Sure, it means we get what we want slower, but at least we'll actually get it...

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Oh well, not really trying to convince you. Anyways, your loss, more cool toys for others who enjoy great toys beyond one line. I'll take more Macross HMR all day too!

LOL....I don't collect anything but Macross....so my "loss" comes from the HMR  junk that gets released instead of more Macross mechs...Bandai's loss I suppose

7 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Would it be economically viable like that?  Maybe, maybe not.  Remember, this is Hi-metal "reboot" (or whatever you want the R to stand for).  There was a previous line that failed.

There are probably a ton of reasons why the first line failed, but having HMR incorporate more than Macross probably makes it more economically viable.  Sure, it means we get what we want slower, but at least we'll actually get it...

Yes.....it would today....I won't go into why the previous line failed as most already know.....had nothing to do with it just featuring Macross items though....

2 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

LOL....I don't collect anything but Macross....so my "loss" comes from the HMR  junk that gets released instead of more Macross mechs...Bandai's loss I suppose

Anything that you don't collect is junk, LOL ok.:clapping:

Collecting toys is serious business and how dare companies take longer than some people want them to put something out and how dare they put effort into something some people don't collect.

Anyways, that HMR VF-1A Hikaru I recently opened is pretty fantastic. I originally had no desire for more valks of lesser quality and smaller scale but they really are a lot of fun. HMR Q-Raus will be great to replace the RD thing I have as a stand in for now.

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

Anything that you don't collect is junk, LOL ok.:clapping:

Collecting toys is serious business and how dare companies take longer than some people want them to put something out and how dare they put effort into something some people don't collect.

Yep...   junk :db: didn't mean to hurt your feelings....just a figure of speech...relax

No problems with any of that junk....it just should have been kept out of the HMR line

10 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Yes.....it would today....I won't go into why the previous line failed as most already know.....had nothing to do with it just featuring Macross items though....

If you say so, boss.  As a great man once said:

34 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Sorry, you didn't convince me....

At any rate, I do agree with the sentiment that we need something that isn't a vf-1.  I love the enemy mecha, and I wouldn't hate the remaining destroids.  But I guess we'll have to wait.

Edited by HardlyNever

15 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Yep...   junk :db: didn't mean to hurt your feelings....just a figure of speech...relax

No problems with any of that junk....it just should have been kept out of the HMR line

:vava::sorry:

;)

All good, I get that some people need their Macross fix. Here I was, impressed at how good all the HMR releases are and surprised that the non-Macross ones are in many ways better and it just sounded like an ignorant statement for someone to call them junk. 

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

:vava::sorry:

;)

All good, I get that some people need their Macross fix. Here I was, impressed at how good all the HMR releases are and surprised that the non-Macross ones are in many ways better and it just sounded like an ignorant statement for someone to call them junk. 

You ignorantly read too much into it....:rolleyes:

46 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

LOL...it shouldn't be that hard to go into some older posts to learn about the competative environment during the original HM releases.....

Seriouly, you can't expect to be spoon-fed all the time newb.....

I disagree with you so I must have to go research other peoples' random opinions on why something failed.  How about I don't, instead.

You're a class act man.  This community is so much better with your thoughtful, well-written posts.

Just buy what you like.  One man's "junk" is another man's "treasure" (or still junk :D)  But honestly, I don't think any of the HMR are bad, even Xabungle stuff seems pretty nice.

Edited by amptor
spelling error before I get trolled

I guess any money made from HMR Macross and non-Macross is good towards more from the main line of HMR Macross.  I do agree that it would have been nicer without non-Macross because 1 less release from there could have been 1 more release for Macross.  Those non-Macross toys could have been made through Robot Spirits or something else.

I like their Dougram but the only HMR non-Macross lines I would have really wanted are Dorvack and Mospeada.

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

, I'm in no hurry. When they make them, I will buy.

But is it a question of when rather than if? Waiting patiently for something that's coming is fine, but no-one wants to wait like a fool for nothing.

Just wish we knew if they actually plan to release more SDFM Zentraedi stuff at some point.

6 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I guess any money made from HMR Macross and non-Macross is good towards more from the main line of HMR Macross.  I do agree that it would have been nicer without non-Macross because 1 less release from there could have been 1 more release for Macross.  Those non-Macross toys could have been made through Robot Spirits or something else.

I like their Dougram but the only HMR non-Macross lines I would have really wanted are Dorvack and Mospeada.

I don't know why HMR has expanded beyond Macross but based on the Robot Spirits I have, the Non-Macross HMR are on a different, higher level than RS toys. Dorvack and Mospeada would be cool to see in HMR. Either way, I don't think other releases will make or break Macross HMR releases.

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Do as you wish, but deciding to remain ignorant on a subject doesn't make it go away.

I've read several theories about why the original HM line failed.  Competing with cheaper yamato vf-1s.  Some poor quality releases (like the vf-19s) hurting the line.  Generally being the wrong line at the wrong time.  Sure, these could all have been contributing factors.

But they are just that, theories.  Do you have some actual evidence to add it it?  If so, I'd love to see it.  All I've seen is conjecture on forums by people that have no more information than the next person.  Do you know someone at Bandai that actually knows something about the decision making process?  Where you part of the decision making process to cancel the original HM line?  I seriously doubt it.

What is ignorant is to assume it is a single-issue situation.  And that the factors that people theorized back then where the only possible reasons that could exist.

And so here we have a reborn HMR line, with figures outside the macross franchise, that has been more successful than the previous one.  Could the outside interest be a contributing factor to its success?  I would certainly say so, otherwise why would Bandai continue to make non-macross HMR figures?

Do you have any evidence to suggest otherwise?  Or just more ad hominem insults?

Edit: This was brought up in the vf-31 thread, I believe, but we know Macross is a tiny portion of Bandai's sales.  It makes sense that they would try to diversify the line if Macross isn't that big to Bandai.

Here is some more recent info.  As we can see, Macross doesn't even make the top 10 (again).

Edited by HardlyNever

14 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Amen to this brother. Would love to see an 'official' Mugen Caliber from Hi-Metal R and have it full-transformation. It's just 3 mechas, so that would be easy. And to be honest, I'm leaning on getting the Transformers figures before but they're missing the tank so no. ^_^

And yeah, Mospeada too. Would love to see Bandai's take on this. ;)

6 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

But is it a question of when rather than if? Waiting patiently for something that's coming is fine, but no-one wants to wait like a fool for nothing.

Just wish we knew if they actually plan to release more SDFM Zentraedi stuff at some point.

I'm not waiting like a fool. Plenty of other things to do in life than worry about if some toy will come out. I've survived my whole life without the existence of what toy might or might not come. If they make it, sweet - I'm buying it! If they don't, oh well - money saved!

But will I have a big grin on my face if they do make all the toys we're speculating and already teased...You're damn right I will!

3 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

The forum telling me this was a hot thread made me assume some hot new release must've been announced. I'm guessing based on a quick perusal of the last few posts, that's decidedly not the case?

There was the Nexx vf-2ss announcement (if you didn't catch it).  Otherwise, it was just jvmacross trolling other members because it is a day that ends in Y. 

17 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I've read several theories about why the original HM line failed.  Competing with cheaper yamato vf-1s.  Some poor quality releases (like the vf-19s) hurting the line.  Generally being the wrong line at the wrong time.  Sure, these could all have been contributing factors.

But they are just that, theories.  Do you have some actual evidence to add it it?  If so, I'd love to see it.  All I've seen is conjecture on forums by people that have no more information than the next person.  Do you know someone at Bandai that actually knows something about the decision making process?  Where you part of the decision making process to cancel the original HM line?  I seriously doubt it.

What is ignorant is to assume it is a single-issue situation.  And that the factors that people theorized back then where the only possible reasons that could exist.

And so here we have a reborn HMR line, with figures outside the macross franchise, that has been more successful than the previous one.  Could the outside interest be a contributing factor to its success?  I would certainly say so, otherwise why would Bandai continue to make non-macross HMR figures?

Do you have any evidence to suggest otherwise?  Or just more ad hominem insults?

Edit: This was brought up in the vf-31 thread, I believe, but we know Macross is a tiny portion of Bandai's sales.  It makes sense that they would try to diversify the line if Macross isn't that big to Bandai.

Here is some more recent info.  As we can see, Macross doesn't even make the top 10 (again).

It's obvious based on the "facts on the ground" during the original HM release why it failed.  There just wasn't a market for it...especially when there was a superior product available at a lower price.  Simple decision for Bandai to make at the time was to kill it.  Now that Yamato is gone and there is no real competition at the price point HMR sells for, they are back. 

HMR was doing great before any other franchises were introduced into it......it is successful now because it doesn't have to compete with superior offerings at lower prices....sorry if that is too hard for you to grasp....

I just hope there aren't too many non-Macross releases that jeapordize the Macross portion of the line....or at worse, they just revert back to just releasing Macross mechs.

6 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

It's obvious based on the "facts on the ground" during the original HM release why it failed.  There just wasn't a market for it...especially when there was a superior product available at a lower price.  Simple decision for Bandai to make at the time was to kill it.  Now that Yamato is gone and there is no real competition at the price point HMR sells for, they are back. 

HMR was doing great before any other franchises were introduced into it......it is successful now because it doesn't have to compete with superior offerings at lower prices....sorry if that is too hard for you to grasp....

I just hope there aren't too many non-Macross releases that jeapordize the Macross portion of the line....or at worse, they just revert back to just releasing Macross mechs.

Oh, ok.  The "facts on the ground."  How could I possibly miss those.  The obvious facts that everyone can see.  Right there.  On the ground.

So, yes, absolutely no evidence beyond conjecture.  Just like I said.  Got it.

At this point, unless you have something resembling actual evidence, I don't see the point in continuing this "discussion."  You'll just continue to restate conjecture and act like it is fact.  Followed by a bunch of periods...  

The "facts on the ground" support non-Macross products being in the HMR line now, because look, there they are.  And the HMR line continues.  I bet they are even on the ground, sometimes.

On a side note, is there anyway we can hide/disable the silly upvote/downvote thing?  This isn't reddit, and it doesn't seem to affect anything.  If you have a beef with something, respond or take it to PMs.  The upvote/downvote thing just seems petty and silly.

10 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

On a side note, is there anyway we can hide/disable the silly upvote/downvote thing?  This isn't reddit, and it doesn't seem to affect anything.  If you have a beef with something, respond or take it to PMs.  The upvote/downvote thing just seems petty and silly.

Either you post your concern on the link below or you can try and PM some of the Moderators or Graham or Shawn. But from what I've understand after they transition the old forum to Invision, it says it comes with it. Built within the back-end. Not so sure if there's a feature on the Invision back-end that they can turn it off.

Or, you can just ignore the whole up/down-voting thing.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Amen to this brother. Would love to see an 'official' Mugen Caliber from Hi-Metal R and have it full-transformation. It's just 3 mechas, so that would be easy. And to be honest, I'm leaning on getting the Transformers figures before but they're missing the tank so no. ^_^

And yeah, Mospeada too. Would love to see Bandai's take on this. ;)

I think Bandai would make them great.

I'd rather they not add other lines. Finish Dougram and the other one, then branch out. Lack of focus can hurt a toyline. And every other property they introduce just delays more macross releases.

Im disappointed we haven't seen more Dougram mechs. The title mech got a 2nd run.

3 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Oh, ok.  The "facts on the ground."  How could I possibly miss those.  The obvious facts that everyone can see.  Right there.  On the ground.

So, yes, absolutely no evidence beyond conjecture. 

Ignorance is bliss works for you I suppose.....