Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 6/21/2018 at 6:10 PM, Arthurius said:

It's eBay flash sale today, for USA and Canada, so grabbed a VF1j for 70 USD shipped. Not the best deal, but I guess not the worst one either

Now I got valks for both my armour sets for fexthobby.

That sale was great. I sold $410 worth of Macross valkyries that day.

Since the Faerie and green squadrons seem like such easy paint swaps, I wish Bandai would do what they did with the original Hi-metal line and make Nexx and those two all just TWE that we could grab at the same time.

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice! But sad to say, I kind of don't feel like getting it. I already have 2 Silvie's. I'll probably just wait for a DX Version. ^_^

But how does Bandai know we want a DX version if the HMR version isn't a blockbuster? ^_^ 

Is the Nexx version a regular release or a web shop exclusive? 

3 minutes ago, Scyla said:

But how does Bandai know we want a DX version if the HMR version isn't a blockbuster? ^_^ 

2 Different things. I don’t see any HMR VF-31s to tell Bandai those would be blockbusters. If anything, people buying any of the ET VF-2s at any price says a whole lot. 

Edited by Slave IV

5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

:drinks:

:friends:

3 hours ago, Scyla said:

I already purchased 2 of Silvie’s when it got released. That’s still not a blockbuster to them? ^_^

On ‎2018‎/‎06‎/‎23 at 1:41 PM, Convectuoso said:

Although just a repaint, the fact that is another release of a different Macross series gives me hope on them exploring the rest of the Macross series. 

The bad part is that we'll have to keep waiting for more enemy mecha, destroids and hero valks from SDFM. 

Other than the DYRL Nousjadeul-Ger have they even teased the other Zentraedi mecha yet? 

Will get the Nexx, for completion purposes....Can't say I'm really that excited though...Wish they would stop milking and announce 'slightly more exciting' stuff. Sure, looking forward to the Ostrich...but when you consider the original lineup announced a few years back when the HM got the 'Renewal' treatment, they haven't even touched a fraction the Zentraedis stuff. Taking way too long to finish the VF-1s. Hope the series won't end up like the original HM...(by that I mean dropped off completely... <_<)

As much as I really want more, I’m kinda okay with not having to spend as much cash. I do still hope the other 2 destroids and zentraidi mecha happen sooner than later. I’m a bit on the fence about the nexx but I’ll probably cave as soon as I see the preorder page.

9 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Other than the DYRL Nousjadeul-Ger have they even teased the other Zentraedi mecha yet? 

No not yet but bring on the DYRL Nousjadeul-Ger, TV Nousjadeul-Ger, DYRL Queadluun-Rau, TV Queadluun-Rau, Regult Scout, DYRL Regult, DYRL Regult Missile Type, Golg Gants Heavy Attack Craft, Gnerl, and Quel-Quallie Scout Pod.

25 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

No not yet but bring on the DYRL Nousjadeul-Ger, TV Nousjadeul-Ger, DYRL Queadluun-Rau, TV Queadluun-Rau, Regult Scout, DYRL Regult, DYRL Regult Missile Type, Golg Gants Heavy Attack Craft, Gnerl, and Quel-Quallie Scout Pod.

Add me to this wishlist!

I really don't get the hold up with the last 2 Destroids...the Zen bad guys stuff I get I guess because of historical figures showing baddies don't sell well, but come on Bandai...a FEW more non VF-1 SDF Macross releases WILL sell, getting annoyed slightly with the trickle of releases.<_<

Like most others I would have liked the next release to be something 'new' but Nexx is welcome news. While I figured it would be released at some point I didn't think it would be so soon. Maybe early next year. So no complaints here. I'll definitely be staying up late to pre-order this.

I hope that the VF-2SS isn't all they eventually release from MII. I've already waited decades so I can wait longer but it would be a shame to not have any of the other designs from that show.

Next up is hopefully something for SDFM like a destroid or regult scout.

3 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I really don't get the hold up with the last 2 Destroids...the Zen bad guys stuff I get I guess because of historical figures showing baddies don't sell well, but come on Bandai...a FEW more non VF-1 SDF Macross releases WILL sell, getting annoyed slightly with the trickle of releases.<_<

I almost feel like they are holding them hostage to some degree.  They know we want them.  We know they have them.  But in order to get them, we need to continue to "support" the line through other releases.

I also think they want to hold on to them to get interest in the future of the line high (but I don't think that is necessary).