Hi-Metal R

joppewo

It's eBay flash sale today, for USA and Canada, so grabbed a VF1j for 70 USD shipped. Not the best deal, but I guess not the worst one either

Now I got valks for both my armour sets for fexthobby.

Edited by Arthurius

So my authorization for the VT-1 expired, and thankfully the money I'd been out of was restored to my debit card account. Right now entertaining thoughts of just cancelling the order and putting the money into mutual funds (the PSE is trending downward)...

But then again we don't know if we're getting a VF1D (which is what I really want), so maybe I'll keep this order to give me my orange valk fix. :unsure:

Probably more like 99%. When...is the question. The only NEW parts are the canopy and Minmei.

We only have 6 more hero VF-1 valkyries left before they go into obscure CF valkyries (1J CF, Alaska base, super 1A CF, etc). I think they need to space those out IMO , finishing dewstroids and orher zentran mecha at the same time...as well as exploring other Macross

14 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

Probably more like 99%. When...is the question. The only NEW parts are the canopy and Minmei.

We only have 6 more hero VF-1 valkyries left before they go into obscure CF valkyries (1J CF, Alaska base, super 1A CF, etc). I think they need to space those out IMO , finishing dewstroids and orher zentran mecha at the same time...as well as exploring other Macross

Is it only 6? Let's see...

Max TV 1A

Max movie 1A

Max movie 1S

Kakizaki TV 1A

Kakizaki movie 1A

orange 1D (hero unit?)

Virgin Road 1D (hero unit?)

TV Roy 1S

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

I missed the Max 1S.  I doubt they release a TV Roy (or TV GBP).  So 7 really including the Max 1S (if they even go there...)  But yeah, I was including the other 6 you mentioned (Max/Kakizaki x2 each, 2 x 1D's). 

I forgot the 1D head.  I figure the chest piece could be the same as VT-1/VE-1.  Depends on whether they go with molded or tampo-d details (also for heat shield).  But I suppose its likely a new piece.

Edited by easnoddy

9 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

I forgot the 1D head.  I figure the chest piece could be the same as VT-1/VE-1.  Depends on whether they go with molded or tampo-d details (also for heat shield).  But I suppose its likely a new piece.

The 1D has a unique design, since it doesn't have the elevated rear seat like the VT/VE, and uses a longer normal VF-1 cockpit which changes the chest plate so it doesn't dip in front of the neck in battroid.

In real aircraft comparison terms, if you consider the VF-1 to be similar to the Northop F-5, then the normal VF-1A/J/S are like the F-5E, the VF-1D is like the F-5F, and the VT-1 equivalent would be the T-38.

Also, YES on the Roy release, and we still need a super pack release.  Bandai's just taking their sweet time with those. <_< 

I’d love some Strike Parts.  Much better than those weird-looking “missile effect” things.  Also would love to see a Super Stealth valk. That grey-on-grey color scheme just looks awesome.  I have the Yamato 1/48 release and love it, other than the fact that it falls apart if I look at it wrong.

I hope they're at least done with 1J hikaru types. I have 3. It's enough. Still planning to get the HM 1S to use as a TV type. Im annoyed the 1J and the GPB 1J are different shades of grey. Would like to put the TV battroid wings on the GBP 1J.

I will likely never put my VE-1 in battroid (unless its going back into the box) , so i hadn't given much thought to the chest plate. Yall are right though, there's enough differences. The virgin Road 1D should be soon after a 1D release (TWE).

So Nexx is following after the Super O.  Going to pass as I still like Silvie's valk and the colour.

2 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Nexx's right leg armor stows a gun.

Reminds me of Gamlin's VF-17 as it also has a hidden hatch for the gun. ;) 

Although just a repaint, the fact that is another release of a different Macross series gives me hope on them exploring the rest of the Macross series. 

The bad part is that we'll have to keep waiting for more enemy mecha, destroids and hero valks from SDFM. 

Nexx was teased, so this is expected. I'm in if for no other reason than to display the 2SS in another mode. I'm not even sure how many variations of the 2ss were in the OAV? 4 plus the rainbow colors from the moon festival? I hope Bandai doesn't go too deep there.