Hi-Metal R

joppewo

4 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Heads up to anyone who may be interested:  eBay has a 20% discount coupon for purchases of $50.00 or more, valid today until 7PM PT.  Just enter PICKDADSGIFT at checkout.

Cheers!

Wish I'd seen this earlier...

Hi guys! Newbie here. Hope everyone is doing well...

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get display stands for HMR VF (the basic type from Tamashi is what I am looking for)?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by frogger88

17 minutes ago, frogger88 said:

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get display stands for HMR VF (the basic type from Tamashi is what I am looking for)?

Thank you in advance!

You can get 3 packs like this....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-Tamashii-Stage-Act-4-for-Humanoid-Figure-Clear-Display-Stand-4-USA-Seller/132393214287?hash=item1ed340214f:g:yIAAAOSwSPBaXhuC

or the minora-like display stands like this...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-TAMASHII-STAGE-ACT-TRIDENT-PLUS-Dark-Blue-Figure-Display-Stand/163076289624?epid=2254374770&hash=item25f81ab458:g:w58AAOSwv~1aG82u

1 hour ago, frogger88 said:

Thank you in advance!

If you want to mimic the stands that occasionally come with HMR releases, then you would be looking for the Tamashii Trident stands or the Stage Act 5 stands.  The Stage Act 5 stands come in 3 packs.  I do not own any Trident stands but I believe they come as singles.  The are both available in multiple colors.

I don't guess they sell super/strike parts for the HMR Valks, huh?  Any indications out there that they might?

Edit: looks like you guys discussed this a while back...still wondering if anyone knows of something that might be happening in the future...

Edited by ShinerTheBock

8 hours ago, DewPoint said:

If you want to mimic the stands that occasionally come with HMR releases, then you would be looking for the Tamashii Trident stands or the Stage Act 5 stands.  The Stage Act 5 stands come in 3 packs.  I do not own any Trident stands but I believe they come as singles.  The are both available in multiple colors.

Yes, the trident stands are sold separately, and work really well with HMR. And I'll confirm that the Stage Act 5 stands are what you want.

@sh9000, I agree that a VF-1SR would be cool. I have the game it's from and keep meaning to play through it. I hope you're right about that Tomahawk.

21 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Not only do I no longer have a MISB HMR VF-1A......but to add insult to injury....

I also got Bandai'd!!! :( 

Desperately seeking the collector with two right calf armor pieces for a trade....PM me please...

That sucks, I know how you feel.  Right pieces seem to be at a premium these days!  I don't suppose anyone has tried contacting Bandai directly about this have they?  Seems like the longest of shots, but just curious.

Guys if my new valk has duplicate leg armors again I'll come back to here and trade :p Hopefully it doesn't.

I keep coming back to see if anyone posts new photos of the upcoming valks :) Haven't seen any yet, but I saved the one photo that was posted previously.  It's really cool that they are putting out all this stuff.  I wonder if they are going to do all of the movie valks and all of the tv valks.  It looks like they will.

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

As for other HMR releases, I want Bandai to make a VF-1SR.

2BE34E67-CD7E-4D15-A848-DD86211436DC.jpeg.96d4f6020c28b857e7dad120550766e8.jpeg

388D11FB-CBC1-46FE-A8FB-3E74DDA083C6.jpeg.3fdf06a0f70e2f31eacdd56b4cdc63b5.jpeg

37724D6F-01F7-4407-8F5A-4EF6A782BEE9.jpeg.656b8adb719d12d4b3ccaca3e7bc6a80.jpeg

7ADE0B17-9A0B-41D9-97A2-472955176855.jpeg.e09c2803355b46085623a66434c2a319.jpeg

Oh man, I'd love to see an HMR VF-1SR. But that's doubtful since the VF-1SR is jointly owned by Nippon Computer Systems (NCS), not to mention it's such an obscure design. Our best chance of seeing one is through an option kit from an unlicensed third party.

By the way, who made that model kit? It's definitely not the best looking VF-1SR, but I'm still impressed that someone made one.

2 hours ago, ShinerTheBock said:

That sucks, I know how you feel.  Right pieces seem to be at a premium these days!  I don't suppose anyone has tried contacting Bandai directly about this have they?  Seems like the longest of shots, but just curious.

Customers outside of Japan do not technically "exist" to Bandai, especially when it comes to customer support....my error was not staying with HLJ for this particular purchase...I'll never cheat again!!! :db:

1 hour ago, amptor said:

Guys if my new valk has duplicate leg armors again I'll come back to here and trade :p Hopefully it doesn't.

I keep coming back to see if anyone posts new photos of the upcoming valks :) Haven't seen any yet, but I saved the one photo that was posted previously.  It's really cool that they are putting out all this stuff.  I wonder if they are going to do all of the movie valks and all of the tv valks.  It looks like they will.

As far as DYRL toys.....if you hold up Yamato as the supreme example of what a "complete" line of VFs should be....then Bandai's HMR is just 3 short (Max and Kakizaki VF-1A's and Max's VF-1S)....one short (Max VF-1S) if you include the Skull Squadron from the previous HM line.....if you include the Destroids....it has already surpassed Yamato's lineup...bonus points also for releasing the DYRL GBP-1J......I won't even get to the possible DYRL N-Ger's, Q-Rau's and green Regults!

49 minutes ago, TheLoneWolf said:

Oh man, I'd love to see an HMR VF-1SR. But that's doubtful since the VF-1SR is jointly owned by Nippon Computer Systems (NCS), not to mention it's such an obscure design. Our best chance of seeing one is through an option kit from an unlicensed third party.

By the way, who made that model kit? It's definitely not the best looking VF-1SR, but I'm still impressed that someone made one.

Good idea about the add on kit. The Hikaru VF-1J gets you 80% of the way there. Glad I have a spare one of those. :D

25 minutes ago, locidm said:

VT-1 is still available on HLJ, I wonder if it means it's really not popular! This blows the chance of ever seeing the 1/60 reissued.....

It's sold out most other places. HLJ is selling at MSRP, which makes them higher priced than every other Japan based vendor.

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

As far as DYRL toys.....if you hold up Yamato as the supreme example of what a "complete" line of VFs should be....then Bandai's HMR is just 3 short (Max and Kakizaki VF-1A's and Max's VF-1S)....one short (Max VF-1S) if you include the Skull Squadron from the previous HM line.....if you include the Destroids....it has already surpassed Yamato's lineup...bonus points also for releasing the DYRL GBP-1J......I won't even get to the possible DYRL N-Ger's, Q-Rau's and green Regults!

You are right about DYRL, almost there!!!

What about TV valks? Yamato covered almost every valk from the series (Angel Birds, VFX proto, Kakizaki 1A, Max 1A, 1D, Wedding Valk, 1J CF, 1S Focker, Cavaliers) Am I missing a repaint?

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

1 hour ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

What about TV valks? Yamato covered almost every valk from the series (Angel Birds, VFX proto, Kakizaki 1A, Max 1A, 1D, Wedding Valk, 1J CF, 1S Focker, Cavaliers) Am I missing a repaint?

SDFM TV is still a longshot for HMR.....I just don't see a Cavaliers or Angel Birds from them....heck...the VF-1D is still unknown really.....

Yamato may still end up the King of all PT VF makers in the end....they still came out with M7, M+, VF-X, M0....and those are all just a dream in HMR....

There were just a handful of VF's that never received at least one interpretation from Yamato....and I am not including VF's made by other players...like the VF-25

VA-3

VF-9

VF-5000

VF-3000

VF-14

The Varauta VF's...

Did I miss any VF types?

So yeah.....Yamato is still king....

12 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Not only do I no longer have a MISB HMR VF-1A......but to add insult to injury....

large.20180606_212718.jpg.8bdbc974a713be

Desperately seeking the collector with two right calf armor pieces for a trade....PM me please...

@jvmacoss, I’m sorry to hear about your VF-1A. Love your saying though, about getting Bandai’d. They got me with two, I have one more that’s MISB.  Which I may end up opening up to make sure there’s no issue with it.

16 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

@sh9000, I agree that a VF-1SR would be cool. I have the game it's from and keep meaning to play through it. I hope you're right about that Tomahawk.

Yep.

16 hours ago, jvmacross said:

large.20180606_212718.jpg.8bdbc974a713be

I have spares of the left and right grey calf armor from all of the VF-1J Max and Milias I’ve used for customs that don’t need armor.  That can be another option for anyone interested.  You’ll have to color match though.

13 hours ago, TheLoneWolf said:

Experten.

Technically I have a complete line of HMR DYRL VFs but I’ll still buy officials from Bandai.

I'd be ok if Fexthobby released an add-on kit....and for the 1/60 too

I’d be ok if they also did other Valkyries that Bandai don’t ever plan on doing.  I also welcome more 3rd party Transformers companies to try out Macross.

12 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Good idea about the add on kit. The Hikaru VF-1J gets you 80% of the way there. Glad I have a spare one of those. :D

That would be a great idea.

11 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It's sold out most other places. HLJ is selling at MSRP, which makes them higher priced than every other Japan based vendor.

This.

9 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

If Bandai never finishes the TV VFs I made a promise to myself that I will.

9 hours ago, jenius said:

And a zentraedi uniform! C'mon Bandai, get on the tv train!

This is the only one I’m hesitant on doing myself.  I’ve looked up how to make small clothing but haven’t really tried it out yet.  Come on Bandai.

7 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Yamato may still end up the King of all PT VF makers in the end....they still came out with M7, M+, VF-X, M0....and those are all just a dream in HMR....

There were just a handful of VF's that never received at least one interpretation from Yamato....and I am not including VF's made by other players...like the VF-25

VA-3

VF-9

VF-5000

VF-3000

VF-14

The Varauta VF's...

Did I miss any VF types?

So yeah.....Yamato is still king....

Come on FEXT Hobby.

3 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Finish the damn Destroids and give us a VF-1D and a TV Q-Rau, then they can do whatever they want.

Sounds good.