Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Wow that's good to know. I'll cross them off my list. On this particular item given that the likelihood of getting a lemon seems higher than normal I'd stick to EBay on this one. That way you've at least got PayPal on your side. If you get dupe armor you can ask seller to get the replacement part or get your full money back. And if the seller wants the item back they need to send you a pre paid postage sticker. I was going through that with mine but I found a board member to trade parts with so I closed the case. 

8 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Thankfully, the armor on my Hikaru VF-1A is correct. Sorry to hear that several of you are having issues with this.

Meanwhile, isn't it about time for another HMR announcement from Bandai?

That armor piece mistake is going to cost me an extra $40 is what I don't like about it.

On 5/27/2018 at 7:46 AM, the_foul_fowl said:

Ugh, Bandai got me:(. I picked up the HMR VF-1A Hikaru from Yodobashi Umeda last month and opened it up to check just yesterday. Lucked out and I think I got two right leg back armor covers. My very first HMR VF-1 too. :wacko:

Anyone up for a trade? PM me. 

4BF41CFB-D239-48D6-8AB0-A4B12C0A691C.jpeg

Hello, I'm new to the forum, though I've used it as a resource these past few months to get into Hi-Metal R and DX Chogokin collecting.  When I read people were having this issue I freaked out and checked my sealed VF-1A.  Surely enough I have the exact same error.  Mine look just like this, so I guess that means I have two right leg connectors.  I got mine from Amiami.  I've written them a message to see what they can do.  Has anyone here had luck with Amiami fixing this problem?  I know that I saw someone with this issue had ordered theirs from Amiami.  Furthermore, I'd be up for trading with someone that has the connector I need if Amiami can't fix it easily.  PM me if you are interested in a swap. Such a shame because it's a beautiful figure.  I opened my Elint and it is fine.  Worried about future releases now though.

8 hours ago, Yang Wen-Li said:

Hello, I'm new to the forum, though I've used it as a resource these past few months to get into Hi-Metal R and DX Chogokin collecting.  When I read people were having this issue I freaked out and checked my sealed VF-1A.  Surely enough I have the exact same error.  Mine look just like this, so I guess that means I have two right leg connectors.  I got mine from Amiami.  I've written them a message to see what they can do.  Has anyone here had luck with Amiami fixing this problem?  I know that I saw someone with this issue had ordered theirs from Amiami.  Furthermore, I'd be up for trading with someone that has the connector I need if Amiami can't fix it easily.  PM me if you are interested in a swap. Such a shame because it's a beautiful figure.  I opened my Elint and it is fine.  Worried about future releases now though.

As per AmiAmi's FAQ page, try to email them the problem and work from there.

Q. An item/part of an item in my order arrived missing/broken!

A. Please contact us as soon as possible and include (1) a detailed explanation of the problem, (2) a clear, close-up photo of the defective part and (3) a clear photo of the defective part together with the paper invoice/shipping label.  We will get back to you as soon as possible with a solution. Please understand that it may take us a few days to respond to your claim, as we will need to consult with management. We cannot provide resolution to any claims if the photo received does not include the shipping label or the paper invoice.  Please note that we are unable to accept responsibility for damage limited to a product's outer packaging. 

To be honest. I'm not a big fan of AmiAmi's Customer Service but it's best to let them know immediately rather than wait.

The next release as far as I can find is the VT-1 Ostrich in August 2018. 

I See Scorched Earth has VF-19 Videos, but I can't find release dates. (Macross 7 bleh!, but I may get the Excalibur)

I personally hope they continue on through the seris. I'd love the YF-21 from Plus, an every Mecha from Macross Frontier to current.

It seems like they are moving through roughly chronologically. E.G. they did Macross, then DYRL, them Macross 2. Looks like 7 is coming. So Plus would be next?  OH! Then may ZERO!! (that would rock)

Edited by dec0y13

22 minutes ago, dec0y13 said:

I See Scorched Earth has VF-19 Videos, but I can't find release dates. (Macross 7 bleh!, but I may get the Excalibur)

I personally hope they continue on through the seris. I'd love the YF-21 from Plus, an every Mecha from Macross Frontier to current.

It seems like they are moving through roughly chronologically. E.G. they did Macross, then DYRL, them Macross 2. Looks like 7 is coming. So Plus would be next?  OH! Then may ZERO!! (that would rock)

The VF-19’s are from the original Hi-Metal releases.  Not the R line.  Way long ago.

Edited by Mommar

3 hours ago, dec0y13 said:

you can check http://tamashii.jp/item_character/macross_series/ for latest release dates.

I'll be in for a trade if by some bizarre reason MyKombini decides to send me back the one I sent them heh.  Wish more people came about when I had the issue.  I'm looking at another site to re-purchase from.  But if anyone knows a lower price than 76 bucks plus shipping, please let me know :)

Also guys I have a spare pilot not sure if anyone needs one for any reason.  It accidentally fell out of the box when I packaged mine to ship back.  I wish more parts "accidentally" fell out of the box now after what I am going through. :p

Edited by amptor

6 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Since so many people had incorrect leg armors packaged with their HMR VF-1A Super Hikarus, I created a  thread for this, to help facilitate trades.

If anyone is in interested in a trade for right side armor piece for a left side PM me. I have one available.

image.jpeg

10 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Since so many people had incorrect leg armors packaged with their HMR VF-1A Super Hikarus, I created a  thread for this, to help facilitate trades.

Correct me if I'm wrong (as I am new to posting).  Most of us lurkers who have recently signed up at Macross World due to the leg armor issue can't post on that thread due to not meeting the minimum post count.

18 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

Correct me if I'm wrong (as I am new to posting).  Most of us lurkers who have recently signed up at Macross World due to the leg armor issue can't post on that thread due to not meeting the minimum post count.

EEP? Really? I'm sorry, that was not my intention. Does anyone know how to fix this?

58 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

You need 5 posts to unlock that section. Just comment on any threads that interest you.

So I ordered on the weekend the VF-2SS used from Amiami.  It came 117 USD shipped (edit), 12,728 yen.  Did i make a mistake?  Was still offely expensive for me even with the discount, hope it will be worth it.  I do really like my 3x VF-1 (S Messer, A Hik, Elint), all much cheaper.

Edited by Arthurius