Hi-Metal R

joppewo

2 hours ago, easnoddy said:

Nah, Amiami.  Disappointing.  My guess is we got some newbie at the factory who didn't realize the left and right pieces were different and dumped them in the same bin.

I wouldn't call it as newbie error. Even old dogs like me still make mistakes everyday. Even though I've been doing the same thing over and over everyday. Let's just say it's just a QC error thing in the factory. ^_^ 

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Is it possible for you to do trades with other people here who have received the other corresponding parts?

I second to this. ;) 

9 hours ago, easnoddy said:

Nah, Amiami.  Disappointing.  My guess is we got some newbie at the factory who didn't realize the left and right pieces were different and dumped them in the same bin.

not sure if it's true or not, but someone on 4chan got 2 left.  he ended up buying another set.  This time he got 2 RIGHTS!.  :blink:  what are the chances..

all is right in the end.  So what's the lesson?   never buy just 1 because you will end up buying 2 either way. :lol:

So, we've got the VT-1 scheduled for an August release (from an April 2nd pre-order), but nothing beyond that at the moment. I wonder if we're going to get an announcement this month?

In the later half of 2017, we had the Defender released in August, the VF-1S (35th Anniversary - Messer) in September, the VF-2SS in November, and the Regult Missile set in December.

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

The whims of Bandai are not for us mere mortals to understand, so there is no really saying if or what will get announced this year.

Also keep in mind that HMR isn't exclusively a Macross line, so there are things like this that take up production space in the HMR line:

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/24264-hi-metal-r-brockary.html

It's always those non-Macross releases that throw me off.

It'd really be interesting to know how many each of these releases were produced and/or sold.

I’ve got another HMR VF-1J Hikaru, VF-1A CF, and HM VF-19 Fire Valkyrie coming in. Thinking about a second VF-1A Alaska Base or Angel Birds with them and converting the VF-19 into a VF-19P.

Well Bandai got me. My first Vf-1A had all correct pieces but I just checked the other one I was keeping MIB and sure enough. I have two left leg back armor parts. Sooo if anyone has two right leg armor parts and wants to trade hit me up. I have purchased close to 35 HMR releases and this is the first time I've had an issue. And from the other posts I've read of similar issues with this release, I can't help but get slightly concerned about the impending Ostriches I have on PO. This is a big ball to drop Bandai. 

Edited by SuperDimensionalDave

10 minutes ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

Well Bandai got me. My first Vf-1A had all correct pieces but I just checked the other one I was keeping MIB and sure enough. I have two left leg back armor parts. Sooo if anyone has two right leg armor parts and wants to trade hit me up. I have purchased close to 35 HMR releases and this is the first time I've had an issue. And from the other posts I've read of similar issues with this release, I can't help but get slightly concerned about the impending Ostriches I have on PO. This is a big ball to drop Bandai. 

I am now a bit worried about my MISB Elintseeker, wondering if other releases might have similar issues

8 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I am now a bit worried about my MISB Elintseeker, wondering if other releases might have similar issues

Nobody has reported this on other releases, at least not in the numbers we're seeing for the VF-1A, so you're probably safe.

I imagine that Bandai has noticed the issue due to retailer returns.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

My VF-1A Hikaru didn’t have any leg armor issues.  Best of luck to those who got the wrong parts.

I got it off Ebay paid with PayPal. So I'll make it real simple for seller. Get me the part or refund me a I'll send while thing back on your dime.   It seems like most everyone with this issue has the same side armors so I'm not going to hold out hope in a trade. This had better be an isolated incident with this specific release. These HMR partsformers have waaaaay too many parts to have to keep worrying about mistakes like this from factory and from an overseas retailer. Too much headache. 

5 hours ago, easnoddy said:

Nah, they just change the status to "Orders Closed" for sold out items, like so:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-012174

You can find all items they have sold in a search, they don't just delete the item page.

They had it, because I ordered it from there.  Yet, now when I go into order history and try to pull up the item I get that the item cannot be found.

A while back I've noticed that AmiAmi has started yanking down item pages after they close orders and sometimes relisting them in order closed status under a new item number later.  My only guess as to why they're doing this is because people keep pinging the sold out pages hoping for the item to come back in stock (as sometimes happens).

8 hours ago, easnoddy said:

Nah, they just change the status to "Orders Closed" for sold out items, like so:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-012174

You can find all items they have sold in a search, they don't just delete the item page.

There are certain stocks were sold out is literally taken off so they show up as item can't be found etc.

Edited by fenrir72

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

I need very good deals on 2 more Monsters.

5 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

Mandarake has it for 18000 yen

There's also two more listings of the HMR Monster at Sahra and Umeda. 

11 hours ago, the_foul_fowl said:

Ugh, Bandai got me:(. I picked up the HMR VF-1A Hikaru from Yodobashi Umeda last month and opened it up to check just yesterday. Lucked out and I think I got two right leg back armor covers. My very first HMR VF-1 too. :wacko:

Anyone up for a trade? PM me. 

4BF41CFB-D239-48D6-8AB0-A4B12C0A691C.jpeg

You're in luck then. There are quite a few here who got 2 left back armors. You can try to arrange a trade with them.

Not sure if this was a human error or a machine error since Bandai manufacturing is almost all automated , the issue I had with my HMR Hikaru VF 1A it was that the leg covers the ones that  have a rectangular shape were attach in the wrong side covers of the leg inside the plastic tray, I only needed to swap those and that's it, but seriously this is not cool at all for all other users experiencing same parts. :(

MyKombini got mine back and is telling me that there's no problem with mine and they didn't refund me the price to ship it back like they said they would.  Ugh, anyone know where I should re-order from?