Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 minute ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Honestly I would rather they give the VF-1’s a rest and stick to destroids/enemy mechs for a few releases. 

Agreed. I'm still waiting on my Tomahawk.

Plus the N-ger, Queadluun, regult scout, etc...

2 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Hard to tell without a picture, but make sure the arms are in the right spot.  They need to be fully recessed on their joints, and the "shoulder" needs to be slide upward toward the head.

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I had no problem with my Messer VF-1S in fighter mode. I keep all my HMRs in fighter mode and on a Tamashii display stand.

Looks like the user was an EEEEEDIOT, and had mistransformed it.... lol.  Thanks, got it locked down, and damn, i am loving just swooshing on my desk at work with this jet, lol.  Was previously enjoying my DX9 D11 Powerglide swooshing at home, now so happy to be doing it at work too with my VF-1S Messer.  Damn i love the fighter mode, lol.  Perfect size, lol, never did this with any of my 1/60th or 1/48th...

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Honestly I would rather they give the VF-1’s a rest and stick to destroids/enemy mechs for a few releases. 

to skip over a VF-1D release?!?!?!? DECULTURE! translation: are u crayzay?!?!! :D

47 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

Looks like the user was an EEEEEDIOT, and had mistransformed it.... lol.  Thanks, got it locked down, and damn, i am loving just swooshing on my desk at work with this jet, lol.  Was previously enjoying my DX9 D11 Powerglide swooshing at home, now so happy to be doing it at work too with my VF-1S Messer.  Damn i love the fighter mode, lol.  Perfect size, lol, never did this with any of my 1/60th or 1/48th...

Oh, I don't know if I could ever keep something as valuable as an HMR or Yamato v2 1/60 at the lab, for fear of it getting lost or stolen. With all the undergrads wandering around, you never know.

I am thinking about having my Toynami 1/100 valkyries moved to my desk on campus though. I consider them to be more expendable.

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

No no no no no.... not until I get my VF-1D.

Oh, and a white and blue Max TV version VF-1A, ditto for Kakizaki, their DYRL VF-1A counterparts, and the atmospheric booster. *grin* 

Then you can have your destroids and battle pods.  (LOL*

Just now, Shizuka the Cat said:

Oh, and a white and blue Max TV version VF-1A, ditto for Kakizaki, their DYRL VF-1A counterparts, and the atmospheric booster. *grin* 

Let's just have em release more VF-1s.  That's all I buy anyway :D  That Kakizaki was a surprise.  What else could I possibly want, can't really think of anything more.  I was content with the VT-1 but I mean, I definitely will not pass on a VF-1D :o  Will look better in fighter plane mode without the armor anyways.  I feel very fortunate that Bandai has released all this stuff.

5 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

So much this!!!!

i need tv kakizaki and max vf1a #1, and the vf1d max  or regular too #2.  would mind vf1s max, but have a feeling I would honestly skip it to save for the other balls.

then, I would love mac plus and mac 7, most importantly the vf11 white one, but yes yf/vf 19 / 21-22 /17...  then some nice macross 0 too, especially the sv-51 ;).

then, after all those lovely vales are finally in my collection, then you have my permission to die, ie produce your destroids... though I wouldn't mind a Quedlun and a tomahawk (green please...).

man am I loving the ve1 though, such a perfect Valkyrie, to my complete surprise!!!!

Edited by Arthurius

It is so surprising that a valk you never ever cared for, once in hand, can be even better than all previous ones you owned and loved...

The VT-1 Elint.  I feel like i got my low vis i never could and always wanted, but much more. The head sculpt is just amazing in hand, and so are the colors.  And i havent even transformed this one yet!!!  Just the done has to be in faving back or not there at all.    He looks fantastic with or without FPs, more than other valks i own from the 1/48 scale, just have to use the short wings though.  I use two robotic closed fists.

Almost makes me wanna get a second one.... but then, that will take space/money from other unique ones

I was considering the Spartan, but, not sure... Tomahawk is the best looking one by far.    How much do you guys like the Spartan?

1 minute ago, Arthurius said:

It is so surprising that a valk you never ever cared for, once in hand, can be even better than all previous ones you owned and loved...

The VT-1 Elint.  I feel like i got my low vis i never could and always wanted, but much more. The head sculpt is just amazing in hand, and so are the colors.  And i havent even transformed this one yet!!!  Just the done has to be in faving back or not there at all.    He looks fantastic with or without FPs, more than other valks i own from the 1/48 scale, just have to use the short wings though.  I use two robotic closed fists.

Almost makes me wanna get a second one.... but then, that will take space/money from other unique ones

I was considering the Spartan, but, not sure... Tomahawk is the best looking one by far.    How much do you guys like the Spartan?

I like the Spartan a lot! It seem to have more character to it...kinda cute and scrappy looking. The toy itself feels fantastic in hand. Very solid and does what it needs to with very nice joints and mechanisms all around. 

54 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

I so agree with you. Elint is the Best-Lint!!!

I'll be the voice of opposition against the destroids, I suppose.  I bought into them with the expectation that the full line of them would be made, so I wanted a complete set.  It so happens that the two they haven't made (tomahawk and phalanx) are my two favorite designs, and I imagine Bandai has an idea that at least the tomahawk is the most desirable one, generally speaking, and are deliberately withholding it to get people to buy the less popular ones.  

I don't hate the destroids, but I can't say they are that fun or engaging for me.  It isn't that they are poorly made, it is that they are pretty bland and intentionally designed to be background characters, to some degree.  So when you get one out of the box, there really isn't a lot to do with it.  The defender is the biggest offender in this category, as it basically can only do various "standing there shooting at things" poses.  Again, they are well made, and they deliver anything you could realistically want from a destroid, it just there isn't much you could realistically want.  Even the monster feels pretty basic after you get over the initial "wow this is big and awesome" moment.

So yeah, they designed well, but also pretty boring.  If Bandai doesn't make the entire line of them, they will be one of the first things I sell.  If we do get the entire line, I'll probably keep everything (even that lame ass defender:D).

23 hours ago, Arthurius said:

Having alot of difficulties with the VF-1s messer for changing to fighter mode.  The legs wont peg into the arms or all line up well, and i now have paint scratch / removed on the peg of the leg that connects to the arms.

Are they all like this?  Gerwalk works really great, but pretty disapointted i cant do fighter mode with my valk.  Any tricks?  Forget about tabbing and just sit loose?

On the bright side, this is about the only scale i can actually manage to display valks in gerwalk mode.

As the other poster said, check the arms. Every time I've had that kind of problem, the arms weren't quite right.

Oops, ninjaed. I should have finished the thread before posting, sorry!

Edited by Vagabond Elf

11 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I'll be the voice of opposition against the destroids, I suppose.  I bought into them with the expectation that the full line of them would be made, so I wanted a complete set.  It so happens that the two they haven't made (tomahawk and phalanx) are my two favorite designs, and I imagine Bandai has an idea that at least the tomahawk is the most desirable one, generally speaking, and are deliberately withholding it to get people to buy the less popular ones.  

I don't hate the destroids, but I can't say they are that fun or engaging for me.  It isn't that they are poorly made, it is that they are pretty bland and intentionally designed to be background characters, to some degree.  So when you get one out of the box, there really isn't a lot to do with it.  The defender is the biggest offender in this category, as it basically can only do various "standing there shooting at things" poses.  Again, they are well made, and they deliver anything you could realistically want from a destroid, it just there isn't much you could realistically want.  Even the monster feels pretty basic after you get over the initial "wow this is big and awesome" moment.

So yeah, they designed well, but also pretty boring.  If Bandai doesn't make the entire line of them, they will be one of the first things I sell.  If we do get the entire line, I'll probably keep everything (even that lame ass defender:D).

Individually, yes....no big deal...agreed

However, that is not the point of why HMR is so cool and popular....

The promise of HMR was to have most of the main mecha from the original (and potentially also DYRL) all in ONE SCALE (HMR hits that sweet spot at 1/100-ish more or less)...

This is a feat that has been promised or teased before by several companies since the beginning of Macross collectible toy lines.....from Takatoku to Yamato...but until now has never been truly attempted...

We are now at a point where we will finally get the majority of the Macross mecha....the good, the bad, and the ugly...all in one easy to display scale at a price that will be affordable to most.....

Keep 'em coming Bandai HMR........you are not done yet! 

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Individually, yes....no big deal...agreed

However, that is not the point of why HMR is so cool and popular....

The promise of HMR was to have most of the main mecha from the original (and potentially also DYRL) all in ONE SCALE (HMR hits that sweet spot at 1/100-ish more or less)...

This is a feat that has been promised or teased before by several companies since the beginning of Macross collectible toy lines.....from Takatoku to Yamato...but until now has never been truly attempted...

We are now at a point where we will finally get the majority of the Macross mecha....the good, the bad, and the ugly...all in one easy to display scale at a price that will be affordable to most.....

Keep 'em coming Bandai HMR........you are not done yet! 

^This.

3 minutes ago, Nonrenormalizable said:

Is it common for eco sal to take more than 2 weeks to arrive? My vf-1a was shipped the 22nd and it hasn't arrived yet

I've had it take as long as 4-5 weeks, 2 at the fastest, usually around 3.

To Northern California.

42 minutes ago, Nonrenormalizable said:

Is it common for eco sal to take more than 2 weeks to arrive? My vf-1a was shipped the 22nd and it hasn't arrived yet

I have something that shipped on April 2nd. Still waiting for it as it slowly travels from Japan to Boston.

2 hours ago, Nonrenormalizable said:

SAL averages about 3 weeks door to door to me in the East Coast, USA from Japan and China.  I have gotten stuff in as little as < 1 week -- very rare -- and as much as > 4 weeks on a few occasions... the long transit ones always elicit and escalating sense of anxiety once week 4 approaches, but I haven't been burned yet (knock on wood). 

15 minutes ago, CrossAir said:

I'll really have to ignore this thread by now! The more I read and watch Saburo's pics I feel the urge to jump onto the HMR train, too. Not good (for my wallet)!!! :wacko: And I'm close to get out of display space.

Here's a few more pics ;)

41128924445_5211b46593_h.jpg

42029141381_dc60e4ec6b_h.jpg

40221401590_4f454229ce_h.jpg

28155967668_4172c07e52_h.jpg