Hi-Metal R

joppewo

re: leg back armor?

13 hours ago, amptor said:

I got my VF-1A Super Valkyrie today but it came with two left side leg armor attachment pieces.  Do these shops offer replacement parts?  It came with the correct leg armors though.

12 hours ago, borgified said:

Hmmm.. This is the second noted account of the two left side leg armour pieces, As I can't remember who actually documented this problem the first time. Hopefully that this is just an isolated incident. :mellow:  

12 hours ago, amptor said:

I think the other member said he swapped them and it worked, but in my case I can't do that.

So right now I took one of the engine covers off so the valk looks like it is under repairs.  I'm hoping that the dealer can supply me with the correct part.

8 minutes ago, RDX17 said:

I'm going to have to re-check mine tonight to confirm there's no issue, but I didn't notice anything when it arrived.

Yeah.

The leg back-armors on mine were somehow packed/installed in reverse out of the box, so I just swapped them and they're fine.

Maybe some worker(s) in Bandai's factory's just been overoverworked or just done messed up during packaging...

As nice as @Saburo's shots are--the colors are really striking, and it makes me want to see blue and green versions as well--I think it exaggerates my frustration with the gray that Bandai decided to go with for their HMR DYRL VF-1s. It takes a lot of light and a fairly warm white balance (like in @sh9000's pic) to get it to look like they did in the actual movie. I'll be curious to see how the Hikaru's blue super parts look with my original Hi Metal VF-1A Hikaru. I put the blue parts from Roy on my HM VF-1S and think it looks great.

15 hours ago, borgified said:

Hmmm.. This is the second noted account of the two left side leg armour pieces, As I can't remember who actually documented this problem the first time. Hopefully that this is just an isolated incident. :mellow:  

So, I almost had the same thing happen, or thought I did at first.  When I went to put the first leg panel on mine, it wouldn't go, and I realized the mounting block was backwards.  Fortunately, the blocks had just been flipped, and I just had to swap them back. 

It does illustrate the issue though.  The simple fact that they can actually be attached backwards means that someone didn't think through the potential for this sort of screwup, and should have made them only snap on one direction.

10 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

So, I almost had the same thing happen, or thought I did at first.  When I went to put the first leg panel on mine, it wouldn't go, and I realized the mounting block was backwards.  Fortunately, the blocks had just been flipped, and I just had to swap them back. 

It does illustrate the issue though.  The simple fact that they can actually be attached backwards means that someone didn't think through the potential for this sort of screwup, and should have made them only snap on one direction.

Well.. The HMRs are massed produced and parts are somewhat similar to each other in comparison with a few minor differences here and there (IE: Armoured Parts). After looking at several thousand copies of one selected parts, your mind and eyes are conditioned to see that particular one and you can miss the finer details without taking a closer look at it nes pas (although I can be wrong at times)?  

Well the place I purchased from said they refund shipping and want me to return the whole thing.  So I might have to do that but I'm offering them that I just ship the one little part to save shipping costs.  I'd rather just hang onto the thing and ship them a little package.  We'll see how it goes.  I wish I could just reverse a piece like some people are doing but I can't with this part.  I'd have to literally glue the piece on the opposite side if I really needed to use it :/

So it seems I wasn’t the only one with the reversed back leg armor out of the box for the Hikaru VF-1A. I mentioned it a couple of pages back and asked if anyone else encountered the same issue. No one chimed in so I thought it was just me.

Weird that they’re only making this mistake in assembly now though after so many prior releases. Perhaps they have a different factory assembling these?

No issue with my Hikaru VF-1A leg armor.

Sorry you guys are having to deal with this, and I hope if you're reporting it back to the vendor it's in turn being brought to the attention of the manufacturer.

I think this line has had quite a good run with quality assurance, and here's hoping they can keep it up for the duration.

10 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

So it seems I wasn’t the only one with the reversed back leg armor out of the box for the Hikaru VF-1A. I mentioned it a couple of pages back and asked if anyone else encountered the same issue. No one chimed in so I thought it was just me.

Weird that they’re only making this mistake in assembly now though after so many prior releases. Perhaps they have a different factory assembling these?

Maybe it was just one tired worker behind this, or newbie. I wonder if there are other complaints from Japanese customers.

On 5/4/2018 at 8:16 PM, ArchieNov said:

I had the same issue....along with a really loose connection to the peg under the wings when trying secure fighter mode. The legs keep popping off and drooping. I just gave up put it back into battroid and the box. First release I’ve been disappointed with. -_-

Chris

On 5/4/2018 at 9:48 AM, treatment said:

re: leg back armor?

Yeah.

The leg back-armors on mine were somehow packed/installed in reverse out of the box, so I just swapped them and they're fine.

Maybe some worker(s) in Bandai's factory's just been overoverworked or just done messed up during packaging...

same here, my leg back armor was packed in reverse too.  , I swapped them to correct the issue.

On 5/4/2018 at 9:38 AM, amptor said:

I asked them if I can just send back the leg armor piece and have them swap it out, I mean that would be cheaper for shipping both ways... Hopefully.  Otherwise I guess I gotta re-transform this whole thing back lol.

for people that have 2 left or 2 right, maybe you can find someone that have 2 left or right and do a swap?  that is if the store can't help you.

My store is helping me but I think it is a little silly that I have to send the whole valk back.  But I guess that will gurantee that I will find the correct part rather than relying on someone to figure it out for me :|

Anyway, when will we be seeing what's next from Bandai?

I also ended up with two left side leg armor attachment pieces (and a miscast, partially unpainted gunpod, but whatever) on my Hikaru 1A. I'm not able to get a replacement attachment piece from the shop where I purchased it, so if anyone ended up with two right side pieces and wants to do an exchange shoot me a PM!

8 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Tried doing a little bit touch up using Microsoft Paint...

image.png.1722606fffa4bb10bd1cb019b9eef4f1.png

Why don't you do it with a blown up image of the Arcadia Macross  and use a generic earth in space background (simiar to the PS3/PS4 screen saver)bridge?

7 minutes ago, fenrir72 said:

Why don't you do it with a blown up image of the Arcadia Macross  and use a generic earth in space background (simiar to the PS3/PS4 screen saver)bridge?

Because this is the HMR thread, so using the Arcadia would be cheating.  =P

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Because this is the HMR thread, so using the Arcadia would be cheating.  =P

But it would be all 3D! Not 2.5D :lol:

Just imagining it is giving me the shivers!:wub:

4 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

It's disappointing to see that this was the reason he was drawing an N-GER before. At first I thought it was a sign of the HMR N-Ger being released soon, but it was just for this box art. 

Eh, they aren't mutually exclusive.  The N-Ger was heavily featured in the last HMR promotion, so I wouldn't give up hope yet.

19 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Eh, they aren't mutually exclusive.  The N-Ger was heavily featured in the last HMR promotion, so I wouldn't give up hope yet.

Agreed. And the fact that the N-Ger is shown so significantly on the VT-1 box (and rightly so given the sequence in the movie) I think makes it more likely that Bandai will do it. They seem to be on a DYRL kick lately.

Its disappointing to hear of several having leg armor issues on the super VF-1A. I'm a little anxious about mine, which should hopefully be arriving in the next several days. (Good old SAL...)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I recall, I think this is where we stand today when comparing TV vs DYRL Macross HMR releases:

SDF Macross:

- VF-1J Hikaru

- Super VF-1J Max

- Super VF-1J Miria

- Armored VF-1J

- Standard Regult

- Glaug

- Regults double pack

DYRL:

- Super VF-1S Focker

- Super VF-1S Hikaru

- Super VF-1A Hikaru

- Elintseeker

- Super Ostrich

Common:

- VF-1A (CF)

- Monster

- Spartan

- Defender

Seems mostly complete.  Few things:

1.  The Armored VF-1J is technically the DYRL release of it, as the pilot is a DYRL pilot (not Hikaru).

2.  You could argue the Regults belong in the "Common" section, depending on what exactly you believe is going on with the "greenness" of the DYRL Regults.  They definitely appear more white/gray in some shots of the movie, and more green in others.  I personally doubt we'll ever see green Regults in the HMR line, but I know they have been done in other lines.

3.  There is also the 35th anniversary Messer scheme.  Not sure what you want to consider that.

14 hours ago, yellowlightman said:

I also ended up with two left side leg armor attachment pieces (and a miscast, partially unpainted gunpod, but whatever) on my Hikaru 1A. I'm not able to get a replacement attachment piece from the shop where I purchased it, so if anyone ended up with two right side pieces and wants to do an exchange shoot me a PM!

My shop told me that Bandai requires the entire valkyrie to be shipped back to Japan for exchange.  So I transformed mine back to robot and packed up everything and got it ready to ship.  My shop pays return shipping.  So all I have to do is get this out and wait.  I wanted to just exchange the little part by itself but they won't.  oh wells... at least they will swap the whole kit.

31 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

1.  The Armored VF-1J is technically the DYRL release of it, as the pilot is a DYRL pilot (not Hikaru).

2.  You could argue the Regults belong in the "Common" section, depending on what exactly you believe is going on with the "greenness" of the DYRL Regults.  They definitely appear more white/gray in some shots of the movie, and more green in others.  I personally doubt we'll ever see green Regults in the HMR line, but I know they have been done in other lines.

3.  There is also the 35th anniversary Messer scheme.  Not sure what you want to consider that.

Thanks. Since my Armored is always displayed in battroid mode, I didn't remember the pilot was a DYRL pilot.

I left Messer's out of the list on purpose, since it's not canon.

40 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I would probably classify the 35th anniversary HMR VF-1S under "Delta", as a Delta-era homage to the classic design. Similarly, if the red and blue HMR VF-1EX valkyries were ever released, I would put them under "Delta" as well.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat