Hi-Metal R

joppewo

38 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

You chose to use EMS in our country? I avoid EMS like the plague. The tracking is not as good as courier services like UPS or DHL, plus I have to pick it up at the Pasay office which normally takes 3 hours because of the lousy process they follow. Plus the customs guys there seem very eager to charge lots of customs tax. If there’s no invoice on your item, they’ll “research” the highest price on the internet and use that as the value to base the tax on. 

This. Ouch!

Hi I'm very late to the game but just bought the VF-2SS HMR set.  I haven't had time to open it yet (new, sealed box), but have noticed that there is a noticeable gap between the head shield and the canopy in battroid mode.  Sorry if this has already been answered, but is this normal and if so is that going to be an easy fix?  Thanks!

15 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Hi I'm very late to the game but just bought the VF-2SS HMR set.  I haven't had time to open it yet (new, sealed box), but have noticed that there is a noticeable gap between the head shield and the canopy in battroid mode.  Sorry if this has already been answered, but is this normal and if so is that going to be an easy fix?  Thanks!

Check out @jenius' review...

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=10337

Complete with photos, video review, and video transformation guides.

Oh, and to answer your question, yes the gap is normal and mentioned in the review as a negative against the toy.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

7 hours ago, hachi said:

Yeah, EMS. It's expensive but I have peace of mind due to the tracking--at least I know it's stuck in customs! :lol:

3 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

You chose to use EMS in our country? I avoid EMS like the plague. The tracking is not as good as courier services like UPS or DHL, plus I have to pick it up at the Pasay office which normally takes 3 hours because of the lousy process they follow. Plus the customs guys there seem very eager to charge lots of customs tax. If there’s no invoice on your item, they’ll “research” the highest price on the internet and use that as the value to base the tax on. 

So it's still the same system as back then. I wonder though. I guess if it's the same, then it's probably still the same employee or it's one of their relatives. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, rdrunner said:

You can do a mod to the heat shield and canopy and it will look more flush.  I did it and it looks good.

4 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

You can do a mod to the heat shield and canopy and it will look more flush.  I did it and it looks good.

Thanks for the suggestion, I didn't know you can do that - did you share your mod in an earlier post already?  I would love to learn how.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

So it's still the same system as back then. I wonder though. I guess if it's the same, then it's probably still the same employee or it's one of their relatives. :rolleyes:

Yeah, EMS is the worst IMO. You have to arrive before it opens so that there’s a chance you finish in 3-4 hours. Arrive after 8am and you’ll only get done after lunch.

Process is still as dumb as ever:

1) Submit your notice/tracking number and get a number

2) Wait for a very long time for them to call your number. They check your information and this is the only time they will start to locate your package. They give you another number

3) Wait again for a very long time for them to get your package. When they find it, they will call your number. 

4) They will now inspect the item and confirm if it is eligible for customs tax. They forward the item to the customs queue.

5) Wait again for a very long time for them to call your number. Go inside the customs office and they will compute the fees to charge you.

6) Go to cashier and make payment

7) Go back outside and wait for your package to be released

It’s a hellish experience and I pity anyone who has to go through it. I feel sorry both for myself and the foreigners I see at the EMS office whenever I had to claim a package there.

I’ve even seen some people go home empty handed because they couldn’t afford the customs tax they were being charged for 2nd hand items and gifts received from their relatives.

2 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Yeah, EMS is the worst IMO. You have to arrive before it opens so that there’s a chance you finish in 3-4 hours. Arrive after 8am and you’ll only get done after lunch.

2) Wait for a very long time for them to call your number. They check your information and this is the only time they will start to locate your package. They give you another number

3) Wait again for a very long time for them to get your package. When they find it, they will call your number. 

4) They will now inspect the item and confirm if it is eligible for customs tax. They forward the item to the customs queue.

5) Wait again for a very long time for them to call your number. Go inside the customs office and they will compute the fees to charge you.

It’s a hellish experience and I pity anyone who has to go through it. I feel sorry both for myself and the foreigners I see at the EMS office whenever I had to claim a package there.

I’ve even seen some people go home empty handed because they couldn’t afford the customs tax they were being charged for 2nd hand items and gifts received from their relatives.

Wow. So it's still the same. Can't believe up to now in the age of computers and such, they still do it manually and do the process the old-fashioned way. And for sure, in between those steps that you mentioned, those employees are just gossiping about the latest Facebook News Feed. :aggressive:

4 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

That sounds crazy :shok:

Sorry that you have to go through all that, yeesh!

47 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

That sounds crazy :shok:

Sorry that you have to go through all that, yeesh!

Hahaha! That's what we experience in the Philippines, my friend. ;) 

7 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Thanks for the suggestion, I didn't know you can do that - did you share your mod in an earlier post already?  I would love to learn how.

Thanks!

One of the easiest mods is to just remove the canopy in Battroid mode.

6 hours ago, amptor said:

I'll be getting my VF-1A Super Valkyrie tomorrow.  Really cool.  Still hoping we see what's next from Bandai soon :)

Are you getting the HMR VT-1 (Super O) on the last week of August/beginning week of September or waiting for the DX YF-19 to be released if you missed the pre-order fiasco? :blink: 

20 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Luckily I'm not in Pasay :) And CDJ, HLJ, and Nippon-yasan have put their invoices on the package for the customs to see. But there was that one time though that they opened my box blatantly (that was Christmas time..)

Anyway, the post office from a neighbor city now delivers the package to my house instead. Maybe the EMS hub is now there, I'm not sure but it's really convenient. By comparison my current city's post office seem to be a bunch of lazy folks.

14 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

I've read a lot of complaints about Pasay post office, maybe they should complain to gov't hotlines about that? That time I went to the post office, I went when it was an hour before closing time and my experience was ok. Except for the fact that the cashier put a smaller amount on the receipt than what I actually paid to her. ^_^; But it was my first time claiming and the discrepancy was small so I opted to ignore it and go home with my packages instead. One lady though was not so lucky--on the way home she ranted to me that they gave her the runaround regarding her package.

6 hours ago, borgified said:

Are you getting the HMR VT-1 (Super O) on the last week of August/beginning week of September or waiting for the DX YF-19 to be released if you missed the pre-order fiasco? :blink: 

I think I preordered six VT-1 Super Os.   And I have 3 more on preorder but not paid yet, going to see what money looks like when that is due.

My VF-1A is out for delivery.  They really should do a Max version as well.  But I'm hoping for a VF-1D release.

9 minutes ago, amptor said:

I think I preordered six VT-1 Super Os.   And I have 3 more on preorder but not paid yet, going to see what money looks like when that is due.

My VF-1A is out for delivery.  They really should do a Max version as well.  But I'm hoping for a VF-1D release.

I have 1 VT-1 on preorder.. I should probably get a 2nd one just to show off the other figures..    I don't go pre-order crazy cause I still need to report to the CFO (the mrs.)  lol

I still want a 1/55 version of the VT-1 but everyone wants way too much.  And from the looks of things, Bandai will never reissue them.  For the price of one 1/55 I can buy like eleven HM-Rs lol.

Ok, received my VF-1S Messer and my VT-1 Elint, and...

1) VF-1S Messer:  Very good figure, i like the colors, maybe i should have ordered two, but... definitely looks better with FPs.  I gave him the ones from VT-1, it really goes well with him but wish i also had the white parts from VF-1J max back boosters to add to the VT-1's boosters.  Still, i am very happy actually i got this scheme, and still would consider a second one if i ever came across a good deal (will never happen).

2) VT-1 Elint. GOD DAMN THIS IS AWESOME FIGURE.  Man, he looks marvelous naked in batroid mode.  I love his head tilted a bit down.  So much fun, and tighter joints then my messer.  He looks good too with some armor, as in the back booster alone, or can also add leg armor.  No dish thought for Batroid mode.  I use one of the arm attachments like a wep / canon.  Colors are fantastic.   And i had no idea VT-1 is actually taller in batroid to the VF-1.  Anyways, DAMN LOVE THIS FIGURE.

These two figures look very good together, color wise.  Hope my VF-1A wont be too much out of place when he shows up...

I got my VF-1A Super Valkyrie today but it came with two left side leg armor attachment pieces.  Do these shops offer replacement parts?  It came with the correct leg armors though.

7 minutes ago, amptor said:

I got my VF-1A Super Valkyrie today but it came with two left side leg armor attachment pieces.  Do these shops offer replacement parts?  It came with the correct leg armors though.

Hmmm.. This is the second noted account of the two left side leg armour pieces, As I can't remember who actually documented this problem the first time. Hopefully that this is just an isolated incident. :mellow:  

2 minutes ago, borgified said:

Hmmm.. This is the second noted account of the two left side leg armour pieces, As I can't remember who actually documented this problem the first time. Hopefully that this is just an isolated incident. :mellow:  

I think the other member said he swapped them and it worked, but in my case I can't do that.

So right now I took one of the engine covers off so the valk looks like it is under repairs.  I'm hoping that the dealer can supply me with the correct part.

49 minutes ago, amptor said:

If at amiami, keep those documents attached to the box. The one with the shipping/order number. Email them at customer support, send them an image and scans of the documents. In my case, it was an Optimus Primal MP 1st version. His "face" with lips mask had this ugly paint chip which can't be easily ignored. I ask only for the mask replacement and not the whole set. They shipped the replacement free of charge.

I repeat:

1. Keep those invoice papers included in the box. 

2. Amiami asked for the number of the invoice, I just scanned the whole lot of them

3. Also send them an image of the defective part

4. Best of all, be nice and courteous

5.(I do have a long mileage history with them so this might also be a factor)

Edited by fenrir72

My Hikky VF1A arrived today--what a surprise! I thought they were going to deliver next week (I've learned to lower expectations on delivery times). I hope I can take some pics this weekend. It's gonna be a busy weekend for me for sure :) 

1 hour ago, hachi said:

My Hikky VF1A arrived today--what a surprise! I thought they were going to deliver next week (I've learned to lower expectations on delivery times). I hope I can take some pics this weekend. It's gonna be a busy weekend for me for sure :) 

Congrats!  I had CD Japan ship mine via cheapest option available... so hopefully it will come before Christmas vacation.

12 hours ago, borgified said:

I'm going to have to re-check mine tonight to confirm there's no issue, but I didn't notice anything when it arrived.

I asked them if I can just send back the leg armor piece and have them swap it out, I mean that would be cheaper for shipping both ways... Hopefully.  Otherwise I guess I gotta re-transform this whole thing back lol.