Hi-Metal R

joppewo

5 hours ago, seti88 said:

Back to hmr, frankly I thk bandai will aim to get M0 in before M+. There was a tease of a 1/100 vf-0(s)? in the tamashii event few yrs back.

And before that would be the evergreen 4g in fb colors. Am just waiting to yell abt damm time bandai!

That's a hell of a lot of shorthand, and even native English speakers might have trouble comprehending all the abbreviations.  I'll clarify as best I can:

thk = think

yrs = years

abt = about

hmr = Mi-Metal R

M0 = Macross Zero

M+ = Macross Plus

4g = VF-4G Lightning III (from the Macross M3 video game)

fb = ?

6 hours ago, RDX17 said:

Hikaru's Super VF-1A has arrived. No issues to report, although I just realized I need to pick up more stands. 

Hi may i know is the stand the same for all HMR..where can i get them ?? i tried finding but all gave me funny results

8 minutes ago, Flyalone said:

Hi may i know is the stand the same for all HMR..where can i get them ?? i tried finding but all gave me funny results

The stands vary in regards to appearance.

The VF-1J Super valkyrie for Max is blue, while Miria's is red.  Both have a drawing of their respective pilots' faces

image.jpeg.001622a0e233e2b4a88d81fee4a934c9.jpeg

The stand for Roy's VF-1S Strike valkyrie is black and uses the skull logo.

Image result for vf-1s  hi-metal r roy

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

Just now, Shizuka the Cat said:

The stands vary in regards to appearance.

The VF-1J Super valkyrie for Max is blue, while Miria's in red.  Both have a drawing of their respective pilots' faces

image.jpeg.001622a0e233e2b4a88d81fee4a934c9.jpeg

The stand for Roy's VF-1S Strike valkyrie is black and uses the skull logo.

Image result for vf-1s  hi-metal r roy

thanks how about other variants ? can i get the stands for them ? where can i get them

12 minutes ago, Flyalone said:

They are just recoloring of Tamashii stage Act 5 stands.   (they come in a set of 3)

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-IPN-1688&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Finc_txt2%3D3%24s_cate3%3D9729%24pagemax%3D50%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10114336

https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii-Nations-Mechanics-Action/dp/B003F256QI

here's a link for all of the different Tamashii stage act stands.

http://slist.amiami.com/top/search/list?s_keywords=tamashii+Stage+ACT&submit=Search&pagemax=40

Max and Miria stands are bundled with the valkyrie.

There were 2 releases of the Roy toy, one with the stand and one without. It is possible to purchase this stand separately.  I see a listing for it on eBay, but that is kind of pricey. https://www.ebay.com/itm/SOUL-NATION-2015-MEMORIAL-STAGE-Macross-HI-METAL-R-Stand-for-VF-1S-Valkyrie-Roy/263643389873

The HMR VF-1S 35th anniversary valkyrie also has its own stand. 

Image result for vf-1s  hi-metal r messer

There are also generic Tamashii stands that are available, if you do not care about getting the customized ones.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

3 minutes ago, Flyalone said:

thanks how about other variants ? can i get the stands for them ? where can i get them

There are basic, non Macross branded ones that are clear, black and other colors. The ones posted above are Tamashii Stage Act 5, which are designed for small to medium mecha toys. There are other configurations like the Trident and Combination that are designed to hold several figures together. You can get them at most the same Japanese shops you buy the toys from but they come out at certain times and usually sell out but get reissued from time to time and are pretty easy to find. Amazon usually has them, eBay and most toy specialty shops will have them. They are usually cheapest when you preorder during reissue times, especially for clear stands since they are the most popular for good reason. You can often find the other colors on clearance pretty much anytime. 

Talking abt stands, bandai should release the launch arm as a stand, or even stuff like the ship hull where the regults were initially displayed.

Or even plain carrier deck stands! Point is make the stands related to the valk...

Insta buy for me...

35 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Talking abt stands, bandai should release the launch arm as a stand, or even stuff like the ship hull where the regults were initially displayed.

Or even plain carrier deck stands! Point is make the stands related to the valk...

Insta buy for me...

I can almost picture it in my head....

image.png.f8bdc7e356adc030f8606d0fe9e0658b.png

Haha where did you photoshop that pic of messer from i wonder! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Boy just add those runway lights and more than insta buy! *insert cash throwing baby*

But to not imagine the launch stand would be to reference the first page of this evergrowing HMR thread...

JOpaUaW.jpg.e5ccb8a98511e923348c19eba0b84131.jpgZtgSIgN.jpg.184357287359386e9701b95716c90c83.jpg

or even this one

CSfyhTiVAAASDI6.jpg.774ad92ea6556b83070924d804bde8ee.jpg

:lol:

pity i cant find that regult ship hull stand pic that was teased....

Edited by seti88

Interesting.. I just found out that the pic that @seti88posted with the arm and the Strike VF-1S Hikaru is actually the Trident Stand with the adjustable arm and the gantry way(?) for the pilots to enter their valks after looking at it carefully.

I wonder if that Bandai decided not to make the set (stand, arm and gantry way) given that it will not be a cost efficient way of doing it at a massed produced quantity?

39 minutes ago, borgified said:

Interesting.. I just found out that the pic that @seti88posted with the arm and the Strike VF-1S Hikaru is actually the Trident Stand with the adjustable arm and the gantry way(?) for the pilots to enter their valks after looking at it carefully.

I wonder if that Bandai decided not to make the set (stand, arm and gantry way) given that it will not be a cost efficient way of doing it at a massed produced quantity?

Not sure I understand which part looks like a trident stand?

We don't exactly know if bandai has decided not to make it. Bandai can be surprising sometimes.

20 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Not sure I understand which part looks like a trident stand?

The base is the same shape as a trident stand.  I think it is bigger than the trident, though.

I personally don't know why manufacturers even mess with this design.  You're not going to have anything that functions like the anime, it just isn't going to happen in the real world (and real world gravity). 

Edited by HardlyNever

28 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

The base is the same shape as a trident stand.  I think it is bigger than the trident, though.

I personally don't know why manufacturers even mess with this design.  You're not going to have anything that functions like the anime, it just isn't going to happen in the real world (and real world gravity). 

if you look closely, you can see the texture indicative of 3D printing on the base. also everyone keeps doing the launch arm because it's Iconic and cool. And you could totally make a functional launch arm stand, the problem is the toy would have to be designed to work with it, (a backpack that locks in place securely in fighter mode and connection points on the boosters for the claw to engage with) which nobody has done.

41 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

And you could totally make a functional launch arm stand, the problem is the toy would have to be designed to work with it, (a backpack that locks in place securely in fighter mode and connection points on the boosters for the claw to engage with) which nobody has done.

Ehhh... I'm not seeing it.  If you designed a toy from the ground up with this functionality in mind, then maybe.  But you would have to beef up the backpack connection to the rest of the body, and the connection between fast packs and backpack so much, you would really be making some pretty big visual compromises.

As a stand-alone release with a non-transformable valk, it could work.  As an accessory for a valk that has to transform and look good in all 3 modes, I don't see it happening.  Try holding an HMR in fighter mode just by the fast packs, and the rest of the body will just fall down.  Maybe a regular HM valk could do it?  They had a more "locking" backpack.  But I still wouldn't be confident in leaving it being held just by the backpack for any long period of time.  You still would need a second point of support somewhere.

It is definitely a case of anime magic at work.  Plus it seems like it is designed to work in "less than Earth gravity," although how gravity works on the SDF-1, I have no idea.

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Once again, ME overthinking and overanalyzing. :D

You guys see the support arm underneath the Valk right?:p

Sure, I'm talking about working as seen in the anime (i.e. no extra support).

But I did just go test out my HMRs, and they held up surprisingly well to being held just by the fast packs.  I wouldn't want to have them that way long term, but I could see a 1/100 scale toy possibly pulling it off, if it was something they planned for in advance.

44 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Sure, I'm talking about working as seen in the anime (i.e. no extra support).

But I did just go test out my HMRs, and they held up surprisingly well to being held just by the fast packs.  I wouldn't want to have them that way long term, but I could see a 1/100 scale toy possibly pulling it off, if it was something they planned for in advance.

Haha yeah. I bet it depends on where you hold it for balance too. Anyways, they make, I'll buy. 

6 hours ago, hachi said:

To my surprise HLJ shipped my HR VF1A today...But since I live in the 3rd world I'm most probably still getting it next week.

Did you use EMS or SAL? And good luck also to our customs people. ;) 

15 hours ago, hachi said:

To my surprise HLJ shipped my HR VF1A today...But since I live in the 3rd world I'm most probably still getting it next week.

EMS I presume? Good luck with how fast customs clears it!

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Did you use EMS or SAL? And good luck also to our customs people. ;) 

6 hours ago, fenrir72 said:

EMS I presume? Good luck with how fast customs clears it!

Yeah, EMS. It's expensive but I have peace of mind due to the tracking--at least I know it's stuck in customs! :lol:

You chose to use EMS in our country? I avoid EMS like the plague. The tracking is not as good as courier services like UPS or DHL, plus I have to pick it up at the Pasay office which normally takes 3 hours because of the lousy process they follow. Plus the customs guys there seem very eager to charge lots of customs tax. If there’s no invoice on your item, they’ll “research” the highest price on the internet and use that as the value to base the tax on.